[Insert Fancy Title Here]

GREEN FOR ENGLISH.

YELLOW FOR KOREAN.

RED FOR MANDARIN.

BLUE FOR JAPANESE.

The next day, I woke up earlier than usual so that I could walk around campus without any congestion. Like I hoped, there were only a few students wandering the campus like me. I stuck a pair of earbuds in my ears and scrolled through the songs on my MP3 player before settling on a song that matched my mood.

As I bopped my head to the rhythm of the music, I hardly noticed when someone tapped my shoulder. I had a mini heart attack because I was that surprised. I stopped walking and faced whoever it was.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

I furrowed my brows at the individual. My music was still blasting loudly in my ears so I saw his lips move, but I didn't hear what was coming out of them.

"Can you repeat that?"

Now he looked confused. I didn't recognize him at first because he was wearing a hood this time, but it was the Japanese guy from two days ago! "Oh, it's you!" I snapped my fingers and pointed at him. "Oh wait, I forgot. Do you know English?"

He shook his head. I sighed, "My Japanese is so-so."

"It's alright. I just need to ask you something." I looked at him cluelessly. He frowned and said, "I will speak slowly, ne?

"Okay."

"My name is Miura."

"What a pretty name. My name is _____."

He smiled. "Can I take a picture of you?"

I shook my head. "I'm sorry. I don't understand." He retrieved a polaroid camera from his messenger bag and pointed at me. "You want to take a picture of me..." I repeated and blushed. "No way! I don't look good!"

Miura stared at me for a minute then he erupted in laughter. I stood there, waiting until he stopped so I could ask, "Why?"

"I am a film student. You look like you'd be great for a part in a play I'm working on."

"Why did I even ask..." I said under my breath. I was ashamed my Japanese was so limited, but he was being so patient with me I had to at least try to decipher what he was saying. And I did owe him for helping me out that day...

"Okay."

"I can take a picture of you?"

I shrugged and nodded even though I didn't know what he just asked me, but I was sure it was nothing dangerous so I didn't mind.

"Stay there," he ordered before he took a few steps back. He held the camera in front of his eyes and squatted. I shifted from one foot to another as I waited for him to take his picture. I didn't hear a 'click' so I assumed he didn't take one yet.

"Wait." He ran up to me and started moving my extremities into a position that he liked. Then Miura returned to his spot and snapped several shots. "Okay, thank you!"

"Your welcome..."

"Try-outs start soon so be prepared, okay? I'll look for you when the time comes just in case you forget. Understand?"

"Y-Yes," I said, a bit too hesitantly for Miura's liking judging by the suspicious look he gave me. 

"...as long as you understand." He put away his camera after skimming through the photos. I wanted to ask if I could see them too, but that would require me to ask in Japanese.

"I will return home now," I announced as I stalked away from him.

Miura paused to wave, a ghost of a smile on his lips as he did so. He was a sweet guy, but I wish I knew what the heck he was talking about! I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

 

 

A/N:  Who do ya wanna see more of in the next chapter? How does Miura sound? Sorry for it being short...I just wanted to give y'all an update! :D I aim to please. Haha, I only know basic Japanese so the reader and I are in the same boat! xD What the reader understands and can say is actually based off of what I know. OH and I'm sorry if the characters sound OOC. I know I asked you guys for their personalities, but I didn't write them like that, I realized. They are the polar opposite, almost >.< My apologies! I hope you still like them though! And I don't want any two guys to seem alike so I am giving them different personalities.

THANK YOU FOR READING!