Chapter Four

Dreaming of Eachother.

          Home. Not sweet home. Arisa got of her old little car. The apartment complex was quiet as usual. Arisa climbed up the stairs to the little apartment where she and her mother stayed and took out her key. Arisa stepped into the tiny apartment expecting no one to be there but instead she got an eyeful of her mother and a man making out on the couch. Arisa didn’t care anymore. That her mother was….I don’t think there is a nice way to say this….loose. Arisa thought it was her mother’s fault that her father was murdered. “Glad you are finally home for the first time in a week.” Arisa said in a harsh tone as she walked past her mother and the unknown man. “Why are you home?” Arisa stopped at her room door and faced her mother. “Stop acting like you care.” Her mother looked at her for a second and gave an expression that said “You’re right. I don’t care.” Arisa just stared blankly at her mother. “Hey, you there making out with this woman.” Arisa pointed to the man. “She probably has an STD. If I were you I would not put my anywhere near her .” Arisa opened her door and threw her bag near her desk, kicked off her shoes, and flopped on her bed.

           I think if I talk to Youngjae for a while I might feel better. Arisa walked into the clearing where the big tree was. I wonder if he is waiting for me. Arisa walked to back of the tree and found Youngjae sleeping against the tree. Sleeping? Wait how do even sleep in a dream? Arisa sat down next to Youngjae. “Youngjae~, wake up.” Arisa whispered in his ear. Arisa got in front of him and gave a peck on his forehead and waited for a reaction. Nothing. Arisa kissed his nose. Again nothing. Arisa gave Youngjae a kiss on both of his fluffy cheeks. Youngjae stirred a little. “Hmm.” Arisa hesitated and then pecked his lips. Youngjae opened one eye and smiled an angelic smile. “Hi. How are you?” Youngjae said as he pulled her closer. “Not really good. I kind of skipped school for a certain reason and found my mother doing something.” Youngjae nodded. “Do you want me to make you feel better?” Arisa looked at Youngjae. “How? We don’t even live close to each other.” “I can make you happy here. Don’t ever worry about it. And one of us might move. Who knows?” Youngjae hugged Arisa tighter and she wrapped her arms around his waist. “Can we stay like this for a while?” Youngjae looked down at Arisa and smiled. Of course. We can always be like this. After about a half an hour Arisa looked up at the older whose arms were still wrapped around her and smiled unconsciously, “You made my day better.” I am glad that I have you, someone that makes my day even though they aren’t real. “Well that is something I can always do for you.” Arisa smiled, stood up, and straighten out her blue fluffy dress. Youngjae looked at the younger, “What is it?” “Can we go for a walk?” Youngjae stood up, “Sure, if you want.” They both walked to the forest clearing. “Wahhh it’s pretty here.” Arisa walked ahead and admired the small flowers next to the clearing.” Youngjae playfully yelled to her, “Be careful!” Arisa turned and nodded. He walked up next to and looked at the flowers he asked, “So why did you leave school and what did you see your mom doing?” Arisa’s smile faded, “Well I this guy often harasses me and I just couldn’t take it today. And my mom well…..see and my dad aren’t….hmm together anymore and I walked in on her and this random guy making out. And it kind of upset me.” Youngjae nodded, “So your mother and father divorced?” Arisa started playing with the hem of her dress. “You don’t have to answer.” “No it’s fine. My father was murdered about three years ago….my mother was acting loosely and one the men came to our apartment and shot my father and almost shot me. Kind of traumatic.” Youngjae grabbed Arisa’s hand to keep her from playing the hem that was now fraying. Before Youngjae could utter the dreaded words that she all freshmen year, “Please don’t say sorry. I have heard it too much.” I never knew that she lost her father. It must be so hard for her. “Hey but if that boy harasses you again tell him you have a boyfriend that will him up. And if doesn’t stop after that tell me and I will fly to America and take care of the situation for you.” Arisa laughed, “Okay.” “Hyung, Youngjae hyung wake up.” The two looked around. “Oh god.  Well that is my signal. We actually get to say goodbye this time.” As Youngjae turned into little specks dust and light Arisa waved to him. So what do I do now?