Chapter One

Dreaming of Eachother.

          There. That girl. She is here every day. Sleeping. Her long brown hair resting on her shoulders. Should I go wake her from the slumber or should I watch from the bushes? A young man crouched over in the bushes careful to not make a sound. His stare directed to a young lady sitting under a large tree. He gradually made his way to the tree. He touched the girl’s cheeks. Her face had no imperfections. She stirred from her sleep. Her eyes met his. “Hi.” The man fell backwards startled. “Oh. I am sorry for waking you.” She stood up gracefully and smoothed out the wrinkles in her fluffy dress. “Why do you wear a mask?” Her voice sweet like sugar. The man’s hands lifted to his white mask. “No reason.” She looked at him. “Then why don’t you take the mask off. I would like to see your face.” The girl lifted her hands to remove the white mask. The man stepped back and she stepped forwards. “See. There must be a reason.” She sounded quite annoyed. “I don’t like the way my face looks.” The man looked away from the girl. “That doesn’t mean that I won’t like your face.” He looked back to the girl. “May I see?” “Why do insist that you see my face?” The girl pouted a little. “Okay. I will stop.” The man let a silent sigh of relief. “What is your name?” The girl stopped pouting and smirked. “If I tell you my name, will you take that mask off?” She bit her bottom lip in anticipation of the young man’s answer. The young man sighed and answered, “Yes.” “My name is Arisa.” The man took the mask off slowly. “Waaaaaaaahhh…You are handsome.” The man looked at the girl shocked. “I told you. Just because you don’t like your face doesn’t mean that I won’t like it. What is your name?” The man looked at the girl. He felt his face was hideous but this girl’s words were sincere. No matter how much he wanted to believe that she was lying he couldn’t. “My… my name is…

          A loud ringing spoiled the moment. A girl sleeping on a desk opened her eyes then started to panic. Why is my phone not here? Where is my cell phone? Phone. Phone. She stood up and ran to the other room. “AH HA. There you are.” She jumped on the couch and grabbed the phone. “Hello?” There was a pause then a sad “Oh. Okay. Love you, too.” I guess she isn’t coming home tonight. And she ruined the best part of my dream. I might have actually gotten to know his name this time. She sighed and flopped onto her bed. She stood up after five minutes. She grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top and turned up her music all the way. Her mother disliked her music. The music Arisa had a lot of cursing in it. She overexcitedly ran around the apartment rapping up a storm. She ran to the shower, turned it on and jumped in.

          “Youngjae hyung! Wake up. Class is going to start.” Jongup shook his roommate. “Five more minutes. I want to finish this dream.”  Why did I have to wake up now? I was about to tell Arisa my name. “Hyung tell that to the professor.” “Alright. Alright. I am up. See?” Youngjae stood up threw on some random pair of pants and a shirt.  I have been having that dream so often now a days. But it always ends abruptly. Sometimes I never take my mask off, she doesn’t tell me her name, or I don’t tell her my name. Youngjae ran out the dorm and to the building where his class was about to start. Ah. Made right in time. Youngjae took the empty seat in the back of the classroom. The professor walked in two minutes later and was ready to start the boring lecture he had prepared for last night. It was put together sloppily but it was still as boring as any other lecture. Youngjae had started to draw the girl in his dream. Her long hair, fluffy dress, her baby face, and even the tree she slept under. “Yoo Youngjae.” Youngjae looked up from his beautiful drawing. “Yes?” “Can you tell me what I just said?” Youngjae sighed. “The French Revolution started in the 1770s. The Old Regime which was the social and political system of France in the 1770s was divided into 3 estates. The first estate was the clergymen of the Roman Catholic Church. The second estate was the rich nobles. And the last estate was the rest of the people in France which was about 97%. I believe that is all you said.” The professor was somewhat shocked. Youngjae had told the professor what he had said and a little more. “Okay. Thank you.” Youngjae went back to his drawing. Youngjae stared at the girl drawn on his paper. I wonder if there is a girl like this in the world.

          “Hey. No. I just took a shower. Hang on. You are on speaker. Okay?” “Anything new?” “I don’t think I can call it new. Haley. You know that dream I told you about? The one with the masked guy.”  “Yeah. What about it?” “I had it again. Actually I have been having it more often. But this time I got to see his face.” Arisa was sitting on her bed painting her toenails. “I told you already it is just one of those dreams that you just have. It probably doesn’t mean anything.” Arisa sighed. She wanted someone to tell that is was not just a dream that was reoccurring but that it meant something. “Well I have to go eat. Bye.” “Okay bye.” She hung up and tossed the phone aside. She sat with her chin on her knee. She thought for a moment. I guess I will go to sleep early today. I want to have that dream again.

Thank you for Subscibing