Chapter 4

Breaking the Shell

 

 

Jin Woon held the door for Se Jin as they entered the restaurant.

“T-Table for two, sir?” The attendant was stunned to see Jin Woon inside their restaurant then she eyed Se Jin who was behind Jin Woon.

“We’re with Mrs. Nam and Mrs. Jeong; they came here awhile ago” Jin Woon replied, the attendant nodded and ushered them towards the private section of the restaurant.

“Good Noon Mrs. Jeong, Eommoni” Se Jin politely greeted then sat beside her mother.

“Hi Mom” Jin Woon kissed his mother’s cheek then turned to Se Jin’s mother

“Good Noon Mrs. Nam, it’s a pleasure to finally meet one of my mom’s high school friends” Jin Woon said then gave his famous eye smile.

“Aigoo~ what a handsome young man! He really takes after you, Hye Jin-ah” Se Jin’s mom commented

“Your daughter is really beautiful, Se Na-ah. It’s a good thing we saw each other today. Now I get to see your daughter” Hye Jin joked, the two laughed together and their child just blushed.

“We haven’t seen each other in years and you’re more interested in my daughter?” Se Na asked jokingly, Se Jin giggled.

“You just met now?” Se Jin asked, she thought this was another scheme of her mother to get her to date someone.

“We ran into each other at COEX earlier” Hye Jin revealed “It has been almost 20 years since I last saw your mother, it was a miracle I was still able to recognize her”

“Why did you call us out then?” Jin Woon asked

“We both wanted to meet each other’s offspring” Hye Jin answered

“Shall we order now? Truthfully speaking, I’m really hungry” Se Na asked then everyone laughed and ordered.

While they were eating lunch, a commotion was heard from outside the private room.

“What was that?” Se Jin asked then as if on cue, Screams from girls were heard.

“Maybe someone spread the news about Jin Woon being here” Se Na guessed “Don’t mind it, let’s just continue eating” She suggested

 

“I’m really sorry sir but there’s still people eating inside” The Restaurant’s Manager told Manager Kang, he nodded then turned to his boys.

“We have to wait for awhile if we want to eat here” He told the boys “or we could just take a table but we won’t have privacy”

“It’ll be fine with me but Daehyun” Himchan turned to the Food Addict “His image will be ruined, they’d know how big his appetite is”  He joked

“I haven’t eaten anything since I woke up” Yongguk muttered, stomach growling.

“Hyung~ I’m hungry!” Zelo Complained. Heck, everyone around him complained and it got into his nerves. Another minute of hearing complains and he’d be crazy.

“Why do we need to wait?!” He hissed then walked up to the Manager

“Excuse me sir, but please tell me why do we need to wait?” He asked, trying to sound calm “Don’t you know who we are? We are kind of famous and being treated like this, making us wait longer would mean bad business” He told him, raising his voice. It was so unlike him to behave like this but His hunger and frustration got the best of him.

“Sir, I’m really sorry but we can’t just kick out the people who came before you” The Manager replied while bowing his head

“Who are these people?! Are they more important than us?” He asked then a gasp was heard from the side.

Se Jin was able to hear everything, she excused herself to make a call to her secretary but when she went out of the room, she saw familiar faces and accidentally heard Yong Guk’s conversation with the restaurant’s manager.

“Oh~ Noona!” Zelo waved like a child, Se Jin gave him a hesitant smile before turning her head back to the manager and Yong Guk.

“Just a CEO with her mother and family friends” Se Jin answered coolly, partly pissed off. Yong Guk could only look down. He felt embarrassed. He sounded like a jerk earlier. Se Jin then walked towards the Manager and smiled at him

Se Jin handed him her Black credit card “I would like to pay our bill now, please” She said. The Manager hesitantly took it and made the transaction before giving her the receipt and her card back.

She smiled and thanked the manager before looking at Yong Guk then gave him a disappointing look before going back to the room.

“Are we done? Let’s go?” She asked immediately as she sat back down

“Why dear? We haven’t had our dessert yet” Her mother asked

“I know of a great Dessert shop nearby, it’s less crowded and it has a view of the Han River” Se Jin told them “I would like to bring you there”

“Omo! The place sounds nice, we should go there! What do you say, Jin Woon?” Hye Jin turned to his son who just answered with an eye smile, followed by a nod.

“Let’s go then” Se Jin said then got up like everyone else and left the room.

“Noona!” Zelo waved at Se Jin as soon as he saw her. Se Jin smiled back hesitantly.

“You also ate here?” He asked as he dashed towards her then noticed Jin Woon’s presence beside her, he gave him a 90 degree bow as he is a senior to the younger male. He greeted him back with a smile.

“You know him?” Jin Woon asked Se Jin

“Ah yes, they’re supposed to be the endorsers for a new product that our company will launch” She answered. Yong Guk’s ears perked up as he heard Se Jin’s voice.

‘Did I hear it correctly? She said supposed? What does that mean?’ He thought to himself

“Noona, is Jin Woon sunbaenim your boyfriend?” He asked broadly. Both Se Jin and Jin Woon’s eyes widened at the young one’s question.

“No, we’re just friends” Se Jin answered immediately after she regained her composure

“Yes, we’re family friends” Jin Woon agreed with a smile

“We’ll get going first. Our Moms are waiting outside” Se Jin told Zelo who nodded obediently and waved like a child when they left.

Once they got out of the restaurant, the two immediately went inside Jin Woon’s car to avoid attention from people.

“Where to?” Jin Woon asked as he turned to Se Jin

“Wait, let me call my secretary first” She said then dialed some numbers. It took her secretary 3 rings before answering the call.

“Hello, Miss Nam. Is there anything you need?” She asked

“Ah yes. Please stop the contract from reaching TS Entertainment and please give them a call and tell them we want to cancel the Endorsement contract of BAP” Se Jin replied

“Would that be all miss?” She asked

“Yes, that would be all for now. Thank you” Se Jin hung up. Jin Woon stared at her for a moment, debating with himself whether or not to bother her about the matter. He later decided it did not concern him and he should not meddle with the business of others.

“Where to?” He asked again

“Hangan, from there, we walk” She said then texted her mom the location where to meet up.

Jin Woon gave her a look. He still doesn’t understand why they had to walk when he can drive them to the shop. Se Jin quickly understood what Jin Woon meant and smiled at him.

“The shop is located near a residential area in Hangan and the roads are narrower there; I doubt your car would fit” She explained

“You said it had a wonderful view, I thought it would be beside the Han River” He complained while pouting

“Just follow my instructions” Se Jin laughed.

“No, tell me if it really has a view” He whined like a child. This guy cannot follow instructions well

“If you ever work in Nam Shin, I’d fire you immediately” She joked before answering his question “The Shop has a rooftop, from there we could see Han River”

 “Okay” Jin Woon was satisfied by her answer “and by the way, I never plan to work for you; you sound like a harsh boss” Jin Woon joked then Se Jin laughed before they sped off towards the location.

 

 


Oh my Bang Yong Guk! I haven't realized I did not update for a long time... I am so sorry~ 

Please forgive me? :D

Here's an update (that has been saved in the hard drive for more than 2 weeks (?) I think.. I lost count) 

Hope you enjoy!!!