Chapter 1

Breaking the Shell

 

It was a normal day for most of the people in Seoul, including the young girls of the Nam Manor.

“Mom, I’ll leave first,” Se Jin said as she passed by the living room

“Unnie, it’s still early and you haven’t even had breakfast yet!” Sang Eun piped up, stopping her older sister.

“Your sister’s right, Jin-ah, eat before you leave.” her mother agreed.

“I have a breakfast meeting with the new endorsers for the new product that we’re going to launch. It’s kind of important but don’t worry Mom, I won’t forget to eat,” she replied with a smile on her lips. She really is so blessed to have a family as loving as the one in front of her.

“Sang Eun, you have to study more for the SAT exam. Remember, you have to get a good score to get into that Art School you wanted.”

“Ne Unnie, I understand,” Sang Eun said then stood up and did a salute; Se Jin could only laugh at her sister’s antics.

“Don’t forget, you have to attend that charity event the company is hosting at the orphanage” Her Mom said then sipped her favorite Twinning’s Earl Grey Tea.

“I was the one who organized that event.” She answered with a smile.

“I thought you’d forget. Lately, you’ve been very busy with that new product of yours.”

“I would never dare to forget an event. Anyway, I’m off, Bye.” She smiled and then walked out the door, to their spacious garden, out the familiar black steel gate, and to her waiting blue Convertible, a birthday gift from her mom 2 years ago.

“Let’s go seal some deals” She said with a smile as she started the engine and drove towards her office.

She was cruising smoothly along the highway, lucky that there is no traffic today. She hummed along the song that was playing in the radio, and for some unknown reason, she was feeling happy today.

She finally arrived at the basement parking of the building; she parked her car with ease and killed the engine and as if by cue, her phone rang.

Picking it up to see the caller ID, she smiled upon seeing her best friend’s name being displayed on the screen and got out of the car before answering the call.

“Hey” She said as she walked towards the elevator, pressed the button and waited for the elevator to arrive.

“Jin! You answered my call and you’re not cranky!” Her best friend, Park Min Ah squealed on the other line.

“Why would I be cranky?” She could only laugh at her friend’s cute child-like behavior.

“You know, normally, you’d throw a tantrum at me for calling you so early in the morning. It’s still 7 there, right?” Min Ah asked “So, How was your weekend? I heard you sang in Steph’s Club again”

“Jeez, count on you to always know the goings of the life of Nam Se Jin. You’re really one heck of a stalker, my friend.” She joked as she went in the elevator.

“What can I say? Anyway, Miss Nam Se Jin,” her friend continued, “ My birthday is coming up and I-”

“What are you talking about? It’s still two months away” Se Jin cut her off.

“Let me talk, will you?” Min Ah complained then continued “I know how busy you are so I’m asking you in advance. Visit me, please? The others already said yes.” Her heart ached knowing it’s been ages since she last saw her best friend and she’d do anything – everything to be able to see her and have some girl time, away from work and just relax with her.

“I can’t promise I’ll be there Min but I promise to consult my Secretary about my schedule that month. How does that sound?” She answered regretfully.

“I guess that’ll have to do for now” Min Ah conceded. She just knew she wouldn’t win this fight with her.

“Yah, It’s not my fault you live in a different continent.” Se Jin countered. The elevator came to a halt and the doors opened. “I have to go Min, I have a meeting in 10 minutes.”

“ God forbid I keep you away from your business meetings” Her friend said sarcastically

“Yah, you’d change your tone once you’d know who I’m meeting with,” She said, chuckling lightly.

“Why would I do that? It’s not like you’re going to meet with some ido– Wait, Jin. Tell me you’re not having a business meeting with idol groups. You are not capable of meeting them in person, Are you meet –” Se Jin could only laugh at her best friend’s panicked demeanor.

“Bye Min, I’ll call you back after I see BAP” She .

“Nam Se Jin, if you dare –” Se Jin disconnected the call and laughed to herself as she entered her office.

“Uh, Good Morning Miss Nam, is there something wrong?” Her secretary, Yoon Mi asked

“No, Everything is fine, Yoon Mi – ssi” She answered. ‘Gosh, I must have looked like a complete fool laughing alone,’ she thought.

“Uh, is everything ready for the meeting this morning?” Se Jin asked.

“Yes, Miss Nam. Everything is in place; you’re the only one we’re waiting for.”

“Wait, What? You mean the endorsers are already here?!” She asked, alarmed.

“Yes Miss, they’re inside your office, waiting for you” Yoon Mi answered. “But Miss Nam, their manager called in sick today so you’re going to have to negotiate the deal with the singers,” She continued.

“Not what I had in mind” Se Jin murmured then briskly walked towards the conference room, Yoon Mi following behind. She stopped at the double doors.

“Yoon Mi – ssi, get the food served 5 minutes after I enter” She instructed

“Miss Nam if you’d like, we could reschedule the meeting if you are not comfortable meeting them without their manager” Yoon Mi suggested.

“No, it’s okay. I got this.” Se Jin smiled and opened the doors and entered.

She walked inside and was greeted by 6 pairs of eyes staring at her. She smiled at them and came closer.

“Excuse me miss, is the boss here yet?” A boy with super chinky eyes asked.

 “She just came in the office,” she chuckled. “Hi, I am Nam Se Jin, CEO of Nam Shin Inc.” She said with a friendly smile then extended her right arm to the chinky boy in front of her.

Everyone in the room was stunned at Se Jin’s introduction. They never thought that the CEO who single handedly made her father’s company into the finest Food Manufacturer in Asia would be very young.

“Uh- Is there something on my face?” Se Jin laughed awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable with 6 boys gawking at her.

“Hello, I am BAP’s leader, Bang Yong Guk.” Another boy stood up and shook her hand. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you in person Miss Nam” He continues as he showed his gummy smile.

“Call me Se Jin, Miss Nam is too formal” She smiled back “You can also call me Noona if you’d like and I should be the one saying that. I finally met BAP” She continued.

 

 


 

HOOHOO~ First chapter ♥

Yeah, it's short and crappy.

I am very sorry ~

Hope you enjoyed, BYE~