Chapter 2

Breaking the Shell

 

 

“Hello Noona, I am Zelo” A very tall boy said then waved, Se Jin could only laugh.

“I’m Youngjae, Hello” The Chinky boy said shyly, looking down.

“Hello, I am Jong Up” A boy with spiky hair piped up.

“I’m Daehyun, the main vocalist.” A boy smiled then bowed.

“I am Kim Him Chan.” The last guy spoke.

“Hi Everyone” Se Jin replied with a friendly smile playing on her lips “Are you guys hungry? Because I already asked my staff to bring the food up”

“We’re famished” Daehyun eyes lit up.

“It’ll be up in a few moments” Se Jin said then sat down beside the Leader of the group “I am so sorry for making you wait; I wasn’t in a hurry since the meeting was scheduled at 8 in the morning”

“It’s okay, we were just early” Young Jae said, hesitating whether to use honorifics or not “Uh, Se Jin – ssi? How old are you again?” He asked

“I think I’m older than all of you, I’m already 23” Se Jin answered

“You’re the same age as Yong Guk hyung” Jong Up said then smiled “Noona” he added then smiled

“Ah, really? That’s great then, I won’t feel very old,” she laughed. “So, shall we start discussing the deal?” she asked.

“S-Sure” Yong Guk stuttered a bit while answering.

“Okay then” Se Jin smiled then got up from her seat and stood in the center

“Good Morning everyone, First and for most, Welcome to Nam Shin Inc., I am Nam Se Jin, the CEO and the head of the Jjang Ramen project” Se Jin introduced herself then bowed towards her guests.

“Jjang Ramen is expected to be exported to countries in Asia, Europe and in some parts in Australia. Having developed a product that will hit both national and international markets” She said then picked up a Tab and showed them a picture of the new product.

“You want us to endorse your new ramen noodles?” Zelo asked. Se Jin nodded.

“Why?” He asked

“That’s a very unusual question” Se Jin laughed “but a good one too, I think your group’s image matches well with the unique taste of our new product” The boys looked at her like she said something crazy.

“You might not understand if I describe the taste, I’m not really good with words,” Se Jin told them. “I’ll give each of you a sample of the product so that you would know what I’m talking about.”

Yong Guk’s eyes lit up upon hearing her announcement of free samples of their newest ramen.

“It seems like Hyung will want to be the endorser of your ramen forever” Zelo joked and everyone laughed while Yong Guk looked down, feeling his cheeks burn.

“That’s great then, I really want your group to be the ones endorsing the product” She admitted

“How much are you offering?” Jong Up finally asked the important question, their manager told them never forget the Endorsement fee.

“Hmmm… How much are you asking?” Se Jin sat down again, happy that her Presentation went good

“Our Manager said we were worth 100,000 dollars, each” Him Chan said, partly embarrassed

“We’re offering 250,000 dollars each and that is just your personal fee and we will give you a 50, 000 dollar bonus for each if the product receives good response from the consumers” Se Jin announced “And did I mention the commercial that you’re going to do will be aired in different countries?”

“What countries?” Dae Hyun asked, eyes glowed with excitement

“Hmmm, All countries in Asia, United Kingdom, France, Romania, Australia, Italy and Ireland” She enumerated, the boys eyes were filled with happiness and excitement.

“This is a big project” Yong Guk said

“It is a very big project, it’ll put our company on the map” She joked

“We’ll be happy to be part of your project, Se Jin” Yong Guk said “When do we sign a contract?”

“Uh, we can schedule it This Friday, how does that sound?” She asked

“Yeah, I think we’re available” He answered

“I’d contact your Manage and agency then”

“Excuse me, Miss Nam?” Yoon Mi uttered “The food is ready”

“Set it up, please” Se Jin smiled “Our endorsers must be famished”

“Yay, Food” Dae Hyun did a celebratory dance, Se Jin laughed

“I hope you enjoy the food” She said then glanced at her wrist watch “I have to go, sorry” She got up and was about to leave

“Miss Nam, you mother called” Yoon Mi blocked her way, Se Jin nodded, signaling her to continue

“Madam instructed to not let you leave your office if you have not eaten breakfast” She informed

Se Jin nodded and smiled then sat down again and beamed at the boys in front of her.

“Would it be okay if I eat with you guys?” She asked

“Sure Noona” Dae Hyun answered, eyes never leaving the food lined up on the table

“Thanks” She smiled then took a bowl of rice “What are you waiting for? Dig in” She announced with a smile on her face

“Noona, is your mom strict?” Zelo asked childishly as he tasted the dish that was in front of him

“Sometimes, but it’s her way of saying she loves me” Se Jin answered confidently as she popped a cherry inside .

As soon as she ate something, the boys took it as a signal to devour everything in sight. Se Jin could only laugh at them, Boys will be boys. She told herself then ate silently beside the equally silent Mr. Bang Yong Guk. Occasionally, Se Jin would ask the boys questions and they’d answer it immediately. It was good that there is a conversation flowing between them as they ate. It made them closer and gave the boys something to look forward to when they start to work for her.

“Thank you for the Meal and Sample Products Noona” Zelo bowed as they waited for the elevator to arrive.

“You’re Welcome, Tell me if you like the Ramen” She answered happily then looked at her wrist watch again.

“Where are you going Noona?” Dae Hyun asked; curios as to where a young and successful entrepreneur would go when she’s only dressed in a pair of jeans, a hooded white sweatshirt and black rubber shoes. Se Jin looked at him briefly, contemplating on whether or not to tell him her next destination would be.

“She’s off to a charity event and volunteer” A woman dressed in a studded top and sequenced black hot pants walked into the room.

Se Jin smiled brightly, as she hugged the person.

“Heo Gina, my best friend and a business partner. Gina, they are the new endorsers of Jjang Ramen” Se Jin introduced them to each other, they shook hands.

“She’s a potential investor of my company, that’s why I befriended her” Gina joked turned to Se Jin “Took you awhile to finish breakfast”

“Did you wait long?” She asked as they entered the elevator

“I arrived 15 minutes earlier, I was told to wait outside because you were having a breakfast meeting but in my opinion, you just wanted to have these boys all for yourself” Gina joked again, the boys gave a embarrassed smile.

“I’m sorry, knows no boundaries” Se Jin countered then stuck her tongue at her friend

“Where do you volunteer?” Yong Guk asked

“There’s a little orphanage down the Pirun – dong area, only few people know about that orphanage” Se Jin answered with a smile, excited to finally go to the orphanage and meet the children who live there.

“We do some volunteer work too, at UNICEF” Him Chan said proudly

“That’s good, at least you people do some good deeds” Gina butted in, her tone a bit disgusted. The boys looked at Se Jin, hoping for an explanation as to why her friend talked like that.

“She has some issues with Idol stars” Se Jin answered, the elevator stopped and they got out.

“Thank you for accepting the offer; I look forward to working with all of you” Se Jin said then bowed gratefully “I have to go now, Bye” She waved goodbye to them then walked with Gina towards her car then drove off.

“She’s weird” Zelo said

“Who? Se Jin Noona?” Jong Up asked

“No! That other Noona, she scares me” Zelo said “I hope we don’t see her again” 

"Let's go home" Yong Guk said with genuine smmile plastered on his face.

"Wait! I know that smile, it's the same smile I saw when you first saw Ji Eun sunbae" Him Chan teased "Could it be possible that our Leader Bbang -" 

"That's impossible, I'm just happy that there are still people who are willing to share what they have to the needy" Yong Guk explained "Let's hurry home, I want to taste this ramen" He reasoned out then walked away from the group and towards their van.

"He's been hit by cupid's arrow" Dae Hyun concluded then grinned

 

 



 

Double Update for today~

Yaay!!! Good Night ♥

It's almost 1 AM here, so yeah~  ♥

Enjoy this short and senseless update. keke~ BYE♥