Chapter 3

Breaking the Shell

 

The days passed like a flash for Se Jin, she attended to normal things in the office and did things a CEO would do.

"Hey" Gina poked her head in her office. "Are you busy?" she wondered.

Se Jin looked up from her work, smiled, and motioned for Gina to sit on the chair opposite her desk. "Not currently but later, I'll go to Conference Room A for a contract signing" Se Jin answered as she got up and sat across her best friend.

"You seem ecstatic about the contract signing,” Gina observed, “In my opinion, you are just excited to see a certain person,” Gina teased. “What was his name? Was it Bang Yong Guk?” She laughed.

“Yah, stop speaking nonsense,” Se Jin defended herself. “I have to go, duty calls” She smiled and then got up.

“Can I come with you? My office bores me and I have nothing to do” Gina complained.

“No, you’ll scare them away” Se Jin joked.

“Arasso, Arasso” Gina answered “Oh, I forgot to tell you, Steph wants you to sing in her club again, she said the crowd loved you”

“It’s a only a onetime thing, I just did that to relieve stress from work and besides, the company will be very busy in the following weeks, we still need to oversee the filming and the advertisement details for the product.” Se Jin told her friend then left her office and proceeded to the conference room.

“Yoon Mi,” Se Jin called her trusty assistant. “Is everything prepared?” She asked as she ran her fingers on the wooden table.

“Yes Miss Nam, the copies of the contract are ready and the photographer for documentation is on standby.” She answered. “The agency representative also asked for a quick oral rundown of the contract Miss Nam, and he personally requested that it would be done by you,” she informed her boss who just nodded nonchalantly.

“Everything seems to be in order. Good job,” Se Jin complimented then walked over to the window and looked out to admire the beautiful sight before her.

“Miss Nam, Madame called today.”

Se Jin turned to face her secretary.

“She wants to have lunch with you.” Yoon Mi continued.

“Where does she want to meet?” Se Jin asked.

“Madam said she’d send a driver to pick you up at exactly 11 AM.”

 “Good Morning Miss Nam,” a person entered and greeted her. She stood up and the person bowed back “I’m sorry to keep you waiting; BAP’s practice was running longer than expected. I’m Manager Kang.”

“Hello, I’m Nam Se Jin, CEO of Nam Shin Inc. Please take your seats.” Se Jin gestured towards the empty seats in front of her.

“Yoon Mi, please send in beverages for our guests and send in the contract that needs to be signed,” She instructed her assistant. She nods her head and went out the conference room.

“Noona, the ramen lives up to its name!” Zelo commented as Yoon Mi got out of the room. “It’s really Jjang!” he laughed.

“Really? I’m happy that you find it good,” Se Jin told him then smiled and turned to their manager. “I was told the representative would be present?” She questioned.

“Ah, Yes. He’d be here in a couple of minutes.” Manager Kang said. “The management was surprised of the amount of money your company is offering for a 6-month endorsement contract,” he continued.

“We’d make the most out of our money,” Se Jin joked. “There are two commercials, a theme song and other advertising strategies we would arrange for them to attend.”

Se Jin is someone who could not tolerate tardiness because in her book, it relatively means being unprofessional. She glanced at her wrist watch and sighed. Yoon Mi entered the room with 2 people trailing behind her. One was carrying a tray of beverages and the other was holding 8 copies of the contract.

“Miss Nam, the representative called. He said he cannot make it today.”

“Well, time doesn’t stop for anyone” Se Jin muttered, obviously pissed by the lack of professionalism of the representative, she shook her head in disappointment then got up. “Let’s proceed?” she turned to the others.

Everyone nodded.

“Please record this so that the representative can just review the contents anytime and send him the copy of the contract.” Se Jin instructed.

“During the 6 months of endorsement, BAP will film 2 commercials for Jjang Ramen and will also record a theme song for the same product. They will also attend the launching event and stay until it is over and a concert sponsored by our company. They will be also required to sign 50 posters and CDs that will serve as prizes for a contest for consumers.

“And as Endorsers or spokespersons of Jjang Ramen, you are not allowed to endorse other ramen products because it will clash.” Se Jin added then asked, “Any questions or clarifications?”

“None.” Yong Guk answered and signed the contract before him, the others followed his actions. Se Jin nodded and also signed her copy of the contract, they started to switch until everyone has signed all the contracts.

“Now, all we need is the signature of your company’s representative” Se Jin said.

“Miss Nam, we’ll take care of the unsigned contract” Manager Kang suggested

“Thank you but that’s not necessary, it would be a hassle for you. I’d have my people send it over,” Se Jin spoke nicely then got up and had a picture taken with the members and their Manager. They shook hands and bowed to each other.

“I look forward to working with you, Miss Nam,” Manager Kang said.

“Same Here Manager Kang, and you may call me Se Jin if you’d like,” Se Jin told him as she shook his hand.

“Noona, we’d go ahead first. We still have to prepare for Music Bank.” Zelo bid goodbye. Se Jin felt close to the tall boy as he reminded him of her little sister. She tried to pet him but retreated her hand immediately as she realized he was too tall. The others laughed.

“Our Maknae is too tall.” Him Chan told her. “It’s a burden for us too” He joked.

“I’ll remember to wear 10 inch heels next time we meet,” Se Jin joked, everyone laughed.

“Noona, before we go, can I get your phone number?” Dae Hyun asked suddenly.

“Huh? Why?” Se Jin asked, shocked.

“I want to be friends with you, Noona.” Dae Hyun answered and winked at Him Chan, as if sending a signal. Him Chan nodded slyly.

“Okay then, but give me your number first. I don’t want unknown people contacting me” Se Jin told him then handed him her hand phone. Dae Hyun punched in his number and saved it then handed the phone back to its owner.

Se Jin called the number and Dae Hyun’s phone ringed.

 “To be honest, I’m just too lazy to dictate my number,” Se Jin told him then laughed.

“Thank You Noona, we’ll get going.” Dae Hyun said then they left after saying goodbye to each other.

“Miss Nam, the person who is supposed to fetch you is here.” Yoon Mi announced. A tall male came inside the room.

“Hello, I’m Jin Won from 2AM” He waved.

“Uh, I’m Se Jin” Se Jin looked stunned. “Not to be rude or anything but why are you here?” She asked.

“My Mother told me to fetch you” He confessed, a shy smile playing around his lips.

“Wait, tell me it’s not what I think it is” Se Jin looked down, partly embarrassed of what her mother did.

“Apparently, it is” He laughed “Shall we go? The elders are waiting.” He said.

“Ah, yes. Of course” Se Jin said “Let me get my things from my office first”

“I’ll come with you.” Jin Won said then accompanied Se Jin back to her office, she got her bag and jacket then went out of her office with Jin Won and rode the elevator to the Basement Parking.

“I’m sorry, you must be very busy yet my mother-” Se Jin was cut off.

“It’s no trouble at all; I’ve wanted to come out as well” Jin Won confessed as he rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand.

“Good for you, you were informed beforehand, my mom just called me an hour ago telling me she wants to eat lunch together,” Se Jin playfully complained. Jin Won laughed. The elevator came to a halt and they got out and walked towards Jin Won’s car. He opened the front seat door for her and jogged to the driver’s seat then they left.

Unknown to them, BAP and their Manager were watching the whole scene.

“Hyung! I thought Noona didn’t have a boyfriend!” Dae Hyun hissed at Him Chan, this incident didn’t come up into their minds when they were planning their scheme to hook Se Jin and Yong Guk up.

“Was that Jin Won sunbae?” Zelo asked Yong Guk.

“I think so” Yong Guk answered, his eyes averted from the car that just went out of the parking lot to the Maknae who was beside him.

“Kids, let’s eat first before going to the studio. I’m starving” The Manager said as he got into the car after going back inside the building to use the comfort room.

“YES!” Dae Hyun cheered, completely forgetting his now ruined plan to give Yong Guk a love life.

 

 


 

 

UPDATED~!!! ♥

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, especially to my mom ♥

OH! Someone new appeared, say hello Jin Won!

 

such a cutie~ 

Hmmkay, How was this chapter? tell me~ please ☻