Two

clandestine

 

 

I hated my parent for doing this marriage, but at the same time I loved them for doing so. But they came too far for me. I meant, they even set my date schedule. Like this night: I had to attend a candlelight dinner just with him.

Or alone, because it’s already an half hour and he didn’t show up yet.

I felt pity for him. Our childhood relationship as oppa-dongsaeng was broken suddenly as soon as we knew the marriage plan. We were good friend, but now he even couldn’t look at my eyes if we met at campus hall.

Blame the parents for making this.

He had his life, and I also had my life. That’s not like I had a lover so I refused this marriage, but because I knew something like this would happen. His icy stare replaced his warm smile. His usual friendly greeting changed with his blank face. Besides, he had a lover. The beautiful elder one.

It’s already 36 minutes passed and I still sat here alone facing the table that was so romantic with candles and such.

I sighed.

At least sent me message if he didn’t wanna come. I wasn’t gonna force him to make it.

I sighed. Better go home and gossiping BEAST boys all night with Sohee and Lim.

“Sunmi-ah,” Someone called me at the exact time I took my purse to go. None other than him, Ok Taecyeon. He panted. “Sorry.”

The apology sounded unsure flying out of his mouth. He didn’t look at my eyes. Was he really saying sorry?

“What do you want to order?” Ignoring my hurt, I asked about dinner instead.

He growled, answered in very low voice. “No, I’m fine.”

Great.

“Your mother didn’t tell me about anything until last hour ago, when I already had dinner with Fei-Fei at her apartment.”

Awesome.

So the name was Fei-Fei huh? Was she Chinese? Cute?

“Go ahead if you wanna eat something. I’ll make you company and take you home. Don’t worry, your mother won’t be disappointed about this.”

“Um,”

“Yes, what?”

“Can you shut your mouth, oppa?”

And the icy atmosphere hung on our table as I slipped the cold words without my consciousness. We held our breath like for eternity until I heard him sighed.

He breathed cautiously before opened his mouth.

“Look Sunmi-ah,” Looked like he carefully managing what words should come out. “I don’t want to hurt you.” He sighed. “I’m truly sorry, but I have my—“

Not giving him chance to continue, I snapped. “Why can’t you just cancel the marriage if you are highly disagreed?” My head was boiled up with anger but somehow the lady manner that omma had taught stopped me from doing something y.

For the first time at this night, Taecyeon’s eyes met with mine and we stayed still for a minute.

He’s a good guy, I knew it just by looking at his warm, soft stare.

Was I a good girl? Sort of. I didn’t give him a furious glare though.

But we weren’t happened to be together.

“Sunmi-ah,” Calling my name soothingly, he began talking again. “I don’t really dislike the idea of the marriage. You have nothing for me to go against for breaking the marriage. Your mother and my mother are best friend since high school and you aren’t random girl I don’t know. Beside, you are really a good daughter-in-law figure for my parents.” He paused and let out a small smile on his face. The sad bitter one.

“How can I go against this perfect thing ever?”

I wanted to cry badly. The way Taecyeon oppa saying the last line with his shaken voice was breaking my heart. His smile was somewhat an attempt to hold his own tears not to fall, in front of me.

I blinked my eyes repeatedly.

I had to hold my tears in front him too.

“Oppa,” I heard the word ‘oppa’ out of my mouth was cracked. He better replied me with cheerful joke or this melancholic drama would reach the .

Ok Taecyeon hung his head down as heartbreaking smile still on his sorrowful face. “I’m sorry Sunmi-ah.”

Even his voice wasn’t sounded like his own.

*