Final

clandestine

 

And finally, the wedding.

Mum had to take more pills for her increasing migraine. She couldn’t stop yelling and scoffing and sighing since yesterday. She loved the perfection. So she practically lost her soul when Kyungsoo, the catering boy informed that they had to change the beef dishes with chicken instead.

I knew the catering company must have the reason, but mum took that as the epitome of betrayal.

“Oh God.” Mum muttered under her breath, while hair stylist doing her hair.

I peered at her from my seat and spoke softly. “Relax mum, everything’s gonna be okay.” I assured her as Yuri applied make up on my face.

“Sure. Everything’s gonna be okay.” Mum mumbled.

Irony, wasn’t it?

Actually it’s me the one who need an assurance. I’m the one got arrangement to this marriage, and I’m also the one who got one-sided love.

That’s not love love, but my-soon-to-be-husband had already a girl he loved. Then I came to their life and being evil to separate them.

Was I still an evil if I fell for him too?

“Oh Taecyeon dear, you are not allowed to see the bride for now.” Mum’s cheerful voice went through my hearing. Guess she’s already done with the make-up session. “But I promise you, she’ll be the most beautiful bride you’ve ever seen.”

I doubt that, mum. Fei-Fei is the most beautiful thing he ever had in this life.

“Honey? Sunmi?” I sensed mum turned her head to ask my permission, from the slightly opened door.

I shook my head without seeing her. The make-up girl was doing my eyebrows now.

“Sorry dear, talk after the vow, okay? She has to be a  surprise for you.”

Then I heard the door closed and comforting silence followed.

Thank you mum.

Crack.

He sure had the nerve. Did he sneak in after making sure mum left the room?

“You are beautiful, Sunmi-ssi.”

Strange voice, strange action, strange formality, made me opened my eyes in instant. Yuri gasped at my sudden movement.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized as looked up at her with apologetic eyes.

Then I stared at the mirror in front me, shown a tall slender gorgeous girl standing behind me and Yuri. I couldn’t help but admired her at the first sight I saw her figure.

She was the true ideal grown up woman with the fine body and aura.

“I’m sorry for going in without permission.” She managed the prologue. “I’m Hwang Fei-Fei.” She smiled, very matured one.

I wanted to bow but that could be another gasp out from Yuri’s mouth.

“I’m Sunmi.”

“Ok Sunmi for the next hours.” Fei-Fei added, a smile tugged on her lips. But her eyes looked like she was in the dream land. Maybe her thought traveled back at the night Taecyeon ate dinner in her apartment.

I was really the evil witch at their wonderful fairy tale, wasn’t I?

“Sunmi-ssi,” She’s back from memory to the reality. “I just want to say congratulation and let you know that Taec and I already over. I wish both of you a happy marriage, sincerely.”

I’m really an evil.

“You broke up because of . . . me?” I choked.

She looked at me in some way I couldn’t describe, and smiled sadly.

“No.” She sighed. “Because it’s time for me to let him go.” Her eyes looked up at the ceiling, refused to look at me longer. “I know he will be happy with you.”

The reflection of my myself with Yuri and her became blurry as I felt a difficulty to breathe. I can’t do this. I whispered to myself. Lim was right, I better not attend at my own wedding.

“Congratulation again, Sunmi-ssi.” With a broken voice, Fei-Fei bowed slightly then gone behind the door.

I need my bed.

I want to cry badly.

“Here,” Yuri kindly handed me a pack of tissues.

“Thank you.” I sniffled.

“Don’t bother. I just had to make you perfect and no one could doubt my capability.”

“I’m sorry Yuri-ssi.”

“Don’t feel bad Miss, she is the one who give in and give him to you, not like you stole her precious thing intentionally.”

I want to run away.

*

“So, Ok Taecyeon, do you take Sunmi as your wife?”

Silent for one . . . two . . . three . . . fo—

“. . . I do.”

“You may kiss the bride.”

He leaned in, slowly, then his lips met mine.

“I’m sorry Sunmi-ah, please don’t cry.” He whispered.

The kiss took eternity.

I was deep in tingling sensation and melodrama session, with my lips glued to his as tears kept rolling down on my cheek.

The cheer of audiences brought back my mind as I slowly opened my eyes and our lips began separated.

Now I saw him_as my husband now_looked at me with invisible tears in his eyes. He surely could get into the most pathetic groom nomination and win over easily.

“Oppa,”

“Hush.” He shushed me as his thumb gently wiped the tears on my cheek. “I know this is not the best solution, but do tell me if you feel like you can’t hold it anymore. I will sign the divorce paper whenever you want me to do.”

My heart was like jabbed and torn into pieces. I watched serial Goong long time ago, and now I truly knew how Chaegyeong felt when Shin promised her nothing but divorce.

“I’ll tell you.”

Head up, talked smoothly, and smiled like wasn’t hurt as hell, I replied.

Then I threw my eyes at the audiences and caught a slender figure excused herself to wherever she wanted to go. Fei-Fei.

My eyes wandered around and found Sohee and Lim, at their beautiful bridesmaid’s gown, staring at me worriedly. I gave a nod and small smile, indicated that I was still fine.

Well, they knew I was gonna collapse anytime, but I assured them it’s not now. Not when we had to pretend to be happy like at the real glorious wedding, instead of gloomiest funeral.

Because my heart felt like the unbearable sadness of the funeral.

*

 

 

glad my burden lessen one XD

finist it!

not so glad with the ending tho .____.