Three

clandestine

 

 

“Are you sure?” My-always-bright-best-friend Lim asked me in concern and turned her into gloomiest-dark-friend I ever had. She stared at me worriedly. Actually they stared at me worriedly, Lim and Sohee.

Nodding and smiling widely I tried to assure them that I was okay. Which I wasn’t.

Out of blue Sohee hugged me. “He’s such a jerk.” She muttered.

“He is.” Following Sohee, Lim came to my other side and hugged me too.

He wasn’t in fact. He was a good guy. Truthfully, he was too good for me.

Without my knowing, I already bawled under the group hug. Truthfully I was feeling hopeless and helpless. Though I didn’t feel like I loved him, still, I couldn’t deny affection was grown on me toward him. Also seeing him helpless too with the marriage made me feeling guilty even more.

“Oh MY God!” Lim muttered as released the group hug and ushered me to sit on the couch. “Don’t cry, please?”

I sobbed even more. “I can’t.”

Sohee shook her head unbelievably and asked. “And why is that?”

“I just can’t cancel this marriage to help him! Oppa even knew canceling it just will lead to another cases.”

I didn’t see her, but I could tell you Sohee rolled her eyes now.

“Psh,” Lim scoffed. “Sorry for being perfect eh?”

“Lim, that’s not it!”

“Oh yes, it is.”

“Not!”

“Well, clearly that’s it.”

“Oh well, Lim, that’s NOT it!”

Sohee shook my shoulder suddenly. She stared at me all mad. “Unbelievable.” She hissed. “You still take his side, Sunmi?! How could you?! He can’t cancel this marriage not because he knew it’ll lead to another cases, but just because he’s simply a coward!” Sohee’s angry voice rang in my ear, alarming.

“What?” I was shocked. Yeah, I was supposed so because I never saw Sohee on this level of madness. “I can’t believe this.” I wiped my tears that already stopped rolling on my cheek at the same time I heard Sohee blabbed. “You actually say what, Ahn Sohee?”

Sohee and Lim froze at their spot.

“I..”

Sohee failed at her first attempt to make up the situation.

“Look Sunmi-ah, I’m… sorry okay?”

“Hahaha.” Out of nowhere Lim laughed loudly, and sounded so fake. “You’re so funny Sohee-ah!”

“What?!” Sohee felt offended.

Lim wiped her eyes. She held herself then spoke up. “The word ‘coward’ that slipped out of your mouth is the true definition of irony, right? You said that when yourself don’t have the gut to break up with that whiny boy.”

I thought Sohee and Khun were already over?

“You are a coward too.” Lim snickered.

“Really Sohee-ah? Why?” I joined her, teased mandu Sohee.

Sohee glared at both of us, but most of the time she let a death glare at Lim.

“How dare you call me a coward Woo Hyelim!” Sohee hissed dangerously, sending a chill through the body.

Lim grimaced and glanced slightly at me. “Um, I rather call you that than seeing you two at a cold war later.” She mumbled.

Well, this time was for me and Sohee to freeze at the spot. Sohee’s eyes and mine met for seconds before she let out a mocking gaze.

“Who says we are at cold war?” She retorted coldly.

“I love you Limmie!”

“Love you too Mimi!”

Ignoring Sohee, we hugged each other.

“So, you sure not want to attend the wedding next week?” Lim muttered slowly beside my ear.

I release the hug and snapped. “NO! I’m the bride! What are you supposed me not to attend my own wedding?”

“Very smooth, Lim.” Sohee scoffed.

*

 

 

 

aahh,,so short Dx