One

clandestine

 

 

Were parents really alive to disturb their child? Were they really created to mess their child life? I believed the answer was ‘yes’, for my parent. For our parents.

“So, my lovely daughter Sunmi, how is it? Next month at Diamond Ballroom, you agree right?” Showing her perfect pearly white teeth my mum turned her head and looked at right into my eyes. Her smile was fabulous, but I felt bad seeing it now.

I cleared my throat. Then swept away the view in front of me, who gladly diverted their attention to me and waiting my answer: mum, dad, his mum, his dad_except him who slowly chewed the cake and didn’t care about my answer whether it’s agree or disagree.

“Sure.” I nodded as smiled all lady manner. This rhetorical question yet had to be answered. “That’s perfect.”

“Yeah, that’s good.” They nodded as response. They, refer to our parents minus him. Contented smile was all over their well-treated face.

“And how about you,” Mum now gave her super wide smile to him. “Taecyeon-ssi?”

All the eyes were laid to him, Ok Taecyeon. He surely took his time to answer that rhetorical question as slowly wiping his mouth. Then he looked up. Expressionless. But he did glance at me before opened his mouth.

“For me it’s fine.”

“Good!” Mum automatically clasped her hands. “It’s settled then. The wedding party at Diamond Ballroom, next month.” Her eyes got some spark and her smile turned very bright_too bright.

“Oh Jooni, I can’t wait for the day to come!” His mum, Aunty Shin, talked to my mum as smiled dreamily.

“I know right? How wonderful it is to be one family with you.” My mum replied. “Oh Sunmi-ah,” She already grabbed my hand. “I love you.” She said sincerely.

I just smiled weakly, returned her sincerity.

One she let go of my hand, she already had his hand and said softly, “I love you too, son-in-law.”

My heart had a thud.

But I wasn’t blushing, no, I was not.

That was touching but I wasn’t flattered.

“Love you too, omma.”

This.

His deep, husky, full of sincerity voice flustered my heart a bit.

*

Today was a bright day. The sun smiled cheerfully as radiated its warm shine to the city I breathed now. A perfect day to go gown-fitting. Yeah, it’s true. I didn’t mean to be sarcastic.

“I’m so thrilled!” I heard Lim_Woo Hyelim, my one of best friend at college_yelled cheerfully from outside as the maid helped me fitting the dress to my body.

“And why you’d feel that?” Sohee_Ahn Sohee, my other best friend_scoffed and image of her bored face came to my mind.

“Oh Sohee-ah, stop being bored okay?” Lim frustrated begged. “It’s because our best friend will have a marriage at such young age! How thrilled it is!”

I chuckled at her silly thought. She always had that side among us three. She’s the bright one.

“Ck, Limmie dear, I think a word ‘thrilled’ doesn’t match with the fact Mimi will be married at such young age.”

“No, no, Sohee honey, you don’t understand, do you?” Lim sweetly retorted. “Can’t you feel that undescribed-feeling inside your heart? I feel it clearly though.”

I was pretty sure Sohee rolled her eyes now.

“Done.” The maid said, breaking my concentration on listening at the waiting room conversation.

“Thank you.” I smiled and stood up.

I could see my reflection through the mirror. I looked different, to be honest. What else I could say? Girls wearing her wedding dress had to be pretty, right?

“Hey guys,” I spoke softly as preparing something loud from them.

“WOAH!” Lim the first to made me jump a bit. I have prepared though. “You are fabulous! Beautiful!” She walked closer to me and adoring my style.

“Thanks.” I managed to smile brightly. “And you, Sohee?”

Sohee examined me thoroughly, she tapped her chin like a detective thought a difficult hypothesis. “The dress surely shows your mature side eh Mimi?”

Once the words flew from , she smiled satisfied.

“Told you,” Lim whispered. “Don’t ever ask her about fashion, she got too philosophic at that.” She frowned.

“I hear that.”

We both grinned innocently.

*