Happy Anniversary... Sort Of

Just You

 

[A/N: Here's that "epilogue" I said I'd come up with. I don't think it's my best work ever. HAHA. You guys can just stick to the previous chapter as an ending if you want. >< /shot Well anyway, the "other girl that Zico likes" according to Yukwon in this chapter is a reference to my friend, kaseumi-appa. :D I put her in a little cameo role to promote her and her wonderful stories. Check her profile out, read her fanfics and don't forget to fall in love with them! :3 Thank you for reading this short story! I hope you guys enjoyed this and again, comments, subscriptions, suggestions and other forms of love are very much welcome and appreciated! Thank you! Peace~ ¥^-^¥]



 

“How is this relaxing, again?”  Yubin asked, lifting her head to look at Yukwon’s face.

 

“It’s relaxing cause you’re with me and you forget all your worries.” Yukwon answered, pulling Yubin closer to him. The two were seated beside each other in a corner at a café.

 

“How can I relax when anyone can recognize you and I’d be dead meat?” she answered. Yubin couldn’t seem to put her heart at rest knowing that some fan could recognize Yukwon despite the cap and the thin scarf he was wearing. “No one will see me cause I’m only facing towards you.” Yukwon said with a sweet voice.

 

Yubin laughed and lightly smacked Yukwon’s head. “Since when were you this corny?” she said, sitting up and taking a sip of her hot chocolate. Yukwon laughed as he rubbed his forehead. “So did you see how handsome I look on stage?” Yukwon asked smugly.

 

“No I was busy watching Jiho-sshi,” Yubin answered, wearing a smirk on her face. “Since he’s the one who’s always in front.” She teased further. She heard Yukwon let out another whine beside her. “Stop saying that! He likes some other girl, okay?” He pouted. Yukwon flashed a wide smile at Yubin as she stuck out a tongue at him.

 

The two ended up laughing at their antics and Yukwon wrapped his arm around Yubin, pulling her close to him again. “Oh and I forgot to tell you.” Yukwon said. “When I said I’d be bringing someone over to the dorm, they really thought you were a guy before you actually came.” He continued before breaking out into uncontrollable laughter.

 

Yukwon felt a something hit his torso. His laughter stopped and he placed his hand over his chest, as if the slight pain would disappear if he rubbed it. “Kim Yukwon, I’m leaving.” Yubin threatened to stand up from the couch, and Yukwon caught her arm just before she could stand up properly.

 

“Yah, kajima!” Yukwon said, trying to keep his laughter form coming back. “It’s not our fault your name can be pass as a guy’s name!” he defended. Yubin leaned back on the couch and stuck out her tongue at Yukwon again, causing Yukwon to burst out laughing again.

 

“But I really need to head out soon, Yukwon-ah.” Yubin said with a pout. She still had some work to do at school before finally having a few days of rest. Yukwon’s shoulders dropped and he mirrored Yubin’s pout. “But wait!” Yukwon prompted, sitting at the edge of the couch suddenly.

 

“I think you’ve been preparing so hard for that exam you had last night that you forgot something.” Yukwon said. Yubin thought hard about what she might have forgotten. Eventually Yubin gave up; she couldn’t place in her head what Yukwon had said about her forgetting something. She tilted her head and threw a puzzled look at Yukwon.

 

Yukwon reached inside his pocket for something. He took out a small pouch that contained a silver bracelet. Yubin was starting to form an idea about what she might have forgotten. Yukwon proceeded in placing the bracelet around Yubin’s wrist and fastened it. The gleaming heart in its center had a star attached to its side.

 

“I know you’ve always focused on your studies before anything,” Yukwon said softly. “And I know you forget too many things when you get worked up with school…” he continued, taking Yubin’s hand in his.

 

“… Yesterday was our anniversary, Yubin-ah.” He said and a shy smile played across his lips. Yubin’s eyes widened with anxiety and disappointment. She felt like hitting herself as hard as she usually hit Yukwon in the head. “Yukwon-ah,” she whispered, fighting back the tears that were threatening to escape from her eyes.

 

Yubin threw her arms at Yukwon, hugging him tight. Yukwon could feel tears stain his neck. He Yubin’s hair slowly, whispering to her to stop crying and that everything was okay. “I’m sorry, Yukwon-ah. I’m such an idiot for forgetting.” She whispered.

 

Yukwon heard a sigh coming from Yubin. “Why do you always make me cry, Yukwon-ah.” she joked. "You don't know how many liters of tears I came up with when you left." Yukwon laughed softly and Yubin slowly loosened her hold on Yukwon. “I’ll make it up to you, Yukwon-ah. Tomorrow, I promise, since you have a schedule later tonight.” She said. Yukwon tucked a strand of Yubin’s brown hair behind her ear and smiled. Yubin smiled seeing Yukwon’s sweet smile. Somehow it was different from his usual mischievous smile.

 

“Knowing you came to watch me perform was good enough for me, Yubin-ah. It’s great seeing you after such a long time.” Yukwon said.

 

Yubin laughed as she finally stood up, and Yukwon followed. “If that’s the case, then I don’t have to prepare something for tomorrow.” Yubin joked and walked towards the café’s front door. Yukwon whined one more time before he caught up with Yubin’s pace and walked out the café with his girlfriend.