- Chapter One -

Secrets Beyond Love's Horizon

• 3rd person's POV •

Kalena sat in the courtyard at school and looked around while Jasmine was just walking around.

Kalena sighed and hugged her knees. She heard lots of noises come their way and she knew that was seventeen.

"Sit." Jasmine demanded when Seventeen arrived.

Seventeen obeyed because Kalena was giving her cold aura. Hansol sat down next to Kalena, who just gave him a cold look but he didn't care.

"So..I need to explain..a lot to you guys because I wasn't being completely honest with you all..or Kalena." Jasmine said.

"Keep going." Kalena said loudly.

Jasmine took a deep breath in and looked at everyone.

"When Kalena and I got back to America, we first landed in New York, but I was soon shipped off to Maryland while Kalena stayed in New York with her so-called 'husband.'" Jasmine said. "I remember staying at a new guy's house almost everyday, but I would always steal their money when I had a chance and when I was shipped off to another guy, I kept getting more and more money in order for me to go get Kalena."

Pause.

"Kalena was abused in New York by our crazy mother. She would disrespect her so called fiancé and our mother. When our mother found out about it, she would physically beat Kalena with anything." Jasmine said.

Hansol looked at Kalena, who was playing around with a flower. He lifted a hand and tried comforting her.

"Don't touch me Hansol." Kalena said while glaring at him.

"Anyhow, when I found Kalena, she was in Minnesota because our crazy mother dragged her around because the police were after them. I remember just seeing her with so many cuts and bruises to know that I was gone for that long on how much she got hurt." Jasmine sighed."So I brought Kalena to a private doctor. Then she told me that Kalena had lost some of her memory because of the beatings. Most of those memories pertaining to you boys."

Kalena tilted her head and Jasmine then thought for a moment.

"We ran off to California after her cuts healed. When we landed in California, we ran into our real father. Mr.Kwon was our real father this whole time. He helped us, he took us in and called in his lawyers for help. After two months, we went to court against our crazy mother. We won. We were so surprised. We filed a restraining order against everyone who was in it with our mother for the money and sued them." Jasmine said.

"What was harder was that our father gave us a new look and clothes. We came back to South Korea because of him." Jasmine said. "But it was gonna be hard for me because Kalena fell off a ladder while painting and really lost her memory and she wouldn't remember any of you or anything that had happened within the last 4 years. So I hid everything related to Seventeen. Pictures, contacts, gifts, everything."

"Why?" Kalena asked. "You didn't want me to remember my own boyfriend?"

"He isn't your boyfriend anymore." Jasmine looked at Kalena.

"Oh yeah, right." Kalena said. "Continue."

"Kalena, you told me you didn't want the pain back and how you didn't want it to come to me. So I tried to erase all the pain away." Jasmine said.

Kalena sighed and shook her head.

"Arasso." Kalena said. "Is that it?"

"That's all.." Jasmine nodded.

"Mm okay." Kalena grabbed Hansol's shirt. "You're coming with me."

• Kalena's POV •

I pushed Hansol into the janitor's closet and turned the light on. He looked around and looked at me.

"If you wanted to be alone with me could've just said so." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and took something out from my pocket. I showed it to him and tilted my head.

"I hate you." I told him.

"Huh?" Hansol grabbed the photo.

"I hate you." I crossed my arms.

"Why?" Hansol asked.

"Why? Because, you idiot. You cheated on me." I said coldly.

Hansol looked at me and widened his eyes.

"How did you.." "Jasmine told me."

"How did she know?" Hansol asked.

"No duh, she kept in touch with Teen Top without me knowing it." I said.

"What about Zelo!?" Hansol asked.

"What about him?" I asked.

"You don't even know what he is doing." Hansol said.

"What?" I looked at him.

"That beloved boyfriend of yours has another girlfriend too." Hansol said.

I just looked away so he wouldn't see my hurt expression. I just sighed and snatched the photo back from him.

"I'm done talking." I said and walked out of the room.

Hm..now where is Yongguk? He always knows where Zelo is.

After having a small talk with Yongguk, I walked down the hall and found the old art room. I stared at the door and took a deep breath in. I turned the knob slowly and peeked in.

Then I saw Junhong with another girl, kissing.

"Oppa! Wae?" Kalena yelled.

"Kalena I-" "You were just playing with me this whole time!?"

Zelo sighed and looked around.

"You stupid jerk. I shouldn't even have went out with you." Kalena said."Can't believe you used me for your own use to get another girl to notice you."

Kalena pushed Zelo away and ran off.

 

• Hansol's POV •

I looked out the window while walking down the hall and I saw Kalena sitting outside on the steps.

She went to go find out herself.

I stared at her and she was just ripping something that what in her hand. If she is ripping that picture of me and her then i'm gonna go yell at her to stop.

I walked down the stairs and outside. I walked behind Kalena and stared at her. She sighed loudly and mumbled something. I sat down next to her and hugged her.

"I told you i'll be your superman." I whispered to her.

"What did you rip earlier?" I asked.

"Nothing.." Kalena said.

"Hm what was it? Yah, was it the picture of you and me?" I asked.

Kalena just gave me a look and pulled a picture out from her pocket.

"Why didn't you rip it up?" I asked.

"Do you want me to?" Kalena asked.

I shook my head and she put the photo back in her pocket. She looked around then back at me.

"You can leave now." She said.

"I'm not going to leave." I said.

"You're annoying." Kalena said.

I chuckled then continued to stare at her.

"So does this mean were back together?" I asked.

"Mwoh?" Kalena looked at me."Ani!"

Well that was heartbreaking.

"I just got back and found out that you cheated on me and that my ex-boyfriend cheated on me. I'm still trying to regain my memories and you're gonna ask me that?" Kalena hit my head."Moron."

It was worth a shot to ask you that.

"Pfft." She stood up. "I'm leaving."

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Lunch." Kalena said.

Same old Kalena. She still wants food. Aish..she is still the same.

• Wonwoo's POV •

I walked down the hall and saw Jasmine walking the opposite way. She didn't seem to notice me because she was staring at a piece of paper. 

I grabbed her arm and she just looked at me emotionless.

"Hm? Wonwoo?" She asked. "What do you want?"

"How come you pretend like nothing happened two years ago?" I asked.

"Because nothing did." Jasmine said plainly.

Hurtful.

"Do you need anything else or... what?" Jasmine asked.

"Do you wanna go out tonight?" I asked.

"Mwoh? Wae? Don't you have a girlfriend?" Jasmine asked while yanking her arm away from me.

"Girlfriend?" I asked.

"Whoever that girl was you've been with." Jasmine said.

Oh she's talking about Gayon.

"Gayon is my cousin." I said.

You know, every time Jasmine sees me with a girl she doesn't know, she always assumes that i'm dating them.

I looked at Jasmine and she just crossed her arms.

"Well.. It's going to take a lot more than sweet talk to get on my good side again, just so you know." She sighed."Where and what time?"

• Jasmine's POV •

I walked into the living room with a dress on and heels. Kalena just looked at me then back at the tv.

"Did you finally get a boyfriend or what?" She asked.

"I'm going out with Wonwoo. I think he wants to talk about something from 2 years ago." I said.

"Oh.." She nodded while flipping through the channels."Have fun with that."

"Why don't you go out?" I asked.

"Because I'm lonely. I only have you and Samuel." Kalena said.

"Hansol?" I said in a questionable tone.

"What about him?" Kalena asked.

I just shook my head and fixed my dress.

"So where is Wonwoo taking you?" Kalena asked.

"I don't know, some restaurant not too far from here." I said."Will you be okay?"

"Of course I will." Kalena said. "We have food right?"

"Yes." "Then i'll be perfectly fine."

I shook my head while Kalena grabbed her phone. Someone was calling her.

"Yoboseyo?" She answered. "Huh? What the..Jasmine! Did you give Hansol my number!?"

Haha maybe.

Kalena just shook her head and went to go talk somewhere else. Why is she trying to be to secretive? Unless her and Hansol are dating again... but I doubt that because she totally hates him right now.

"Kalena! I'm leaving!" I yelled.

"Bye!" She yelled.

Who is she saying bye to? Me or Hansol?

I walked into the restaurant that Wonwoo told me to meet him at. I looked around and sighed. It's another high-end, rich restaurant.

"Jasmine!" Someone yelled.

I turned around and saw Wonwoo waving at me. I waved back and walked towards him.

"This place is so fancy." I said. "Why didn't you tell me to really dress up?"

"Because my family owns this restaurant." Wonwoo said.

"Jinja?" I asked."Oh..I never knew that.."

Wonwoo chuckled and we got to our table. Another lady was sitting there and she was wearing a nice dress.

Wonwoo pulled out a chair and looked at me. I sat down and thanked him. I looked at the lady and she was looking at me.

"Oh Wonwoo, is this the girlfriend you have been talking about?" She looked at Wonwoo.

"Ne eomma." Wonwoo nodded.

GIRLFRIEND? MOM? WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN WHY?

"Hello dear, i'm Mrs.Jeon." She smiled at me.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jasmine imnida." I bowed my head.

"I like her honey. So beautiful and respectful. Unlike your sister who likes to play around to much." Mrs.Jeon said.

Okay that was kind of funny.

"So Jasmine, do you have any siblings?" Mrs.Jeon asked.

"Ne. I have a twin sister and a little brother." I nodded.

"Oh thats nice. Are they sweet like you?" Mrs.Jeon asked.

HAHAHAHA. Kalena is no where near that. Oh. Toooo funny.

"Ne." I nodded, trying to hold back my laughter.

"What grades do you get in school?" Mrs.Jeon asked.

"Mostly A's." I said.

"Oh so you're a very smart girl. I like that for a girl for Wonwoo." Mrs.Jeon smiled.

"Hehe..eomma don't you have to get back on your date with appa?" Wonwoo asked.

Mrs.Jeon just smiled at him and nodded.

"I like her Wonwoo, she is a keeper. Jasmine, if Wonwoo is ever mean to you, just come tell me." Mrs.Jeon handed me her business card and stood up.

"It was nice to meet you." I smiled.

When she walked away I hit Wonwoo's shoulder.

"You told her I was your girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yup. She always asked me when I was gonna bring a nice girl to meet her." Wonwoo said.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Remember two years ago when I said I like you?" Wonwoo asked. "I meant it. I still do."

• 3rd Person's POV •

Kalena followed Hansol into the house and looked around. A familiar nostalgic feeling hit her.

"So you're saying I used to live here?" Kalena asked Hansol.

"Yup." Hansol nodded."Samuel! Sofia!"

Kalena looked towards the stairs and saw the two running down the stairs.

"Eonni!" Sofia hugged Kalena."I missed you!"

"Oh.. Sofia, right?" Kalena chuckled and she nodded.

"Noona!" Samuel hugged Kalena.

"Samuel-ah. You're hurting noona." Kalena laughed.

"Mianhae." Samuel said.

"You two can go play." Hansol said."I have to show Kalena something."

"Okay!" The two nodded.

Hansol grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the stairs. Kalena sighed as he brought her into a room.

"What are you doing?" Kalena asked him.

"Sit." Hansol said while he went towards his bookshelf.

Kalena gave him a look and walked over to his bed. Kalena sat at the end and looked around. Hansol came back while holding a red photo album.

He sat down next to Kalena and opened it.

"What is this?" Kalena asked.

"Memories." Hansol said while poking his finger on Kalena's head.

Kalena just looked at the book and Hansol kept pointing at each picture and telling her what happened at each one. Kalena looked up and stared at Hansol. Hansol looked at her and smiled.

"You are a pabo." Kalena said.

"You called me a pabo." Hansol chuckled.

"So?" Kalena asked.

"That was your nickname for me." Hansol said.

Kalena just stared at him and looked around.

"Shut up." Kalena grabbed something and hit him.

A teddy bear.

"Yah Kalena, that was the teddy bear I asked you out with." Hansol said.

Kalena looked at the bear then back at Hansol.

"Aish! Pabo-ah!" Kalena pushed him off the bed.

Kalena grabbed the photo album from him and looked at it. She flipped through the pages and stared at the pictures.

She looked at Hansol, who was staring at her. Kalena sighed and held her hand out.

"Get up pabo." Kalena said.

Hansol smiled and grabbed her hand. He got up and sat down next to her. Kalena put the album on his lap and looked at him.

"Are you going to help me remember?" Kalena asked.