TWO

Just a dream

BUZZ BUZZ BU-

Haewon slammed down the snooze button of her digital clock.

Five o' clock. School doesn't start 'til seven-thirty. That gives her enough time to do the things she could only do in the morning.

She sat up, stretched and slowly rubbed her eyes to remove last night's dream dusts. She got out from her bed and made her way towards the bathroom.

 

"Good morning, Head Mistress."

After she did her necessities, she went down to the kitchen.

It was a medium-sized kitchen. The walls were cracked and had smears of brown that used to be paint. The wooden floor board was dirty and had footprints. Even though the area was rundown, it still made and held delicious meals.

"Early as always, Miss Jung."

Haewon smiled as she ate her last toast of her breakfast.

"Haewon. Have you perhaps...moved on already?"

She sighed and got up to place her plate in the sink. 

"If I had moved on, I wouldnt have ing wake up at five in the morning."

Her and her y attitude.

Head Mistress knew what she was going through because she had seen her cry in that place with a smile on her face.

It was quite weird.

 

 

"What a lovely smile you have."

She looked up and a handkerchief was in front of her. Her smile then faded. Haewon, obviously, wasnt in the mood so she left her hanging.

"Why are you here?"

"You skipped dinner."

Haewon lowered her head when a grumbling sound was heard out of nowhere. Her wet cheeks suddenly turn red. Head Mistress shook her head and chuckled at the flustered girl. She placed the handkerchief in her pocket and held out her hand. 

"Come now, you must be famished. After that, you can tell me what happened."

 

 

It saddens her everytime she remembers her story just by looking at her. She didnt mean to offend her. I mean, its been 3 years. She was sure that she has forgotten about him.

Guess not.

Haewon was quiet. She prepared the dining hall for her dorm mates. A small box was nudged on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Head Mistress smiling softly.

"Go. I'll take care of this."

She hugged Head Mistress and ran back to the kitchen to get her bag. She slung it on her shoulder and bid the Head Mistress.

"I'll see you after school."


 

She trudged her scooter to climb up the ridiculously steep hill. Pushing the ground with her small feet, she made it. She threw her scooter exhaustingly on the ground.

"You thought I wouldnt come now, did ya?"

At the top of the hill lies a swing, a two-seater swing. The metal bars and chains were rusty. The wooden seat was beginning to break. It was old and grungy, but for Haewon it was till pretty.

She grabbed the small box and sat down the grass. She reached for the wooden seat and closed her eyes.

 

 

"Oppa~"

 

 

"Oppa...?"

 

 

BANG!

 

 

"Daehyun oppa!"

 

 

She hurriedly opened her eyes and gasped for air. She removed her hand and quickly wiped her tears away. Then casted a smile.

"How are you, oppa?"

She opened the box on her lap.

"Oppa, look. Head Mistress made cheesecake."

She placed the opened box on to the wooden seat. She stood up and sat the one next to it. The swing was her built on her 7th birthday. Built by her father, who left her and caused her brother's death. She still love her father very much but still doesnt change the fact the greediness took over him.

He was a businessman and President of Jung Group of companies. Then he meet another businessman who was even richer than her father. He got him to agree on being business partners to secretly steal the shares of that company. When that company found out, thats when he left leaving his two children. They didnt have mother. No one knew where she was.

Due to her father's crime, people were now looking for him. In order to make him pay, the businessman's men killed Daehyun.

She wasnt mad the businessman, she was mad at her father. She thought he loved them and would protect them, but what a coward he was. A selfish and prideful man. He never came back to visit his children. 

Her brother, the only family she had left, got shot at the same hill top. Haewon was there. She witnessed how he got a bullet through his chest. 

 

"No. Dont...cry. Smile for me, Haewon. Promise me that you'll never cry."

 

How? She thought.

He was gone. How could she held up a smile, when he was gone? Her heart was breaking. Tears were the only way to express her grief, but he wants her to smile? Nonetheless, it was for him. It wasnt easy so she cries with a smile. She might look like a lunatic but she made a promise.

"Oppa, I have to go to school. Take care."

She carried her scooter down the hill. Making slow steps so that she wont slid down.

Someday, I'm gonna have to build some damn stairs on this hill.


 

Exactly seven o' clock she made it to Busan Metropolitan City School for the Arts. It was a a school for the rich and talented. The school that owned the dormitory that she's staying. The school was co-ed but the dorm seperated the two genders. It wasnt compulsory to live there, but she was alone and had no adult supervision.

In this school, you arent considered as a highschool student or a university student. It had no levels, only departments with their specific sectors: Music (vocal, instrumental & composing), Human arts (dancing, modelling & gymnatics), General art (drawing, sculpting, painting, architecture, etc.) and lastly, Literature (poetry, writing).

She belonged to Human arts, Gymnastics section. 

 

She walked through the school gates with her scooter in her hands because it wasnt allowed in campus. She decides to keep it in her locker although it'll take the whole space, she doesnt have any choice. Daehyun bought her that scooter.

She brought out her ipod and plugged the earphones in her ears. When she set foot in the halls, all stares were abruptly turned to her. She slowly walked to her locker ignoring their whispers. Haewon loved early mornings, but school was exceptional.

This always happens everyday. She was famous, afterall. They cant help but talk about her. In a bad way, that is.

"Look who's back from suspension, Jung Haewon."

Here we go again..


 

I happen to be a lazy author who had a very dirty mouth.

Hello! I was suppose to update this hours ago, but then I got writer's block. It was only for a short while but consumed time. Then I had to write this chapter again because my dogs were playing behind the computer table and they accidentally hit the plug which caused my laptop to turn off. I also took my time ramdomly cursing. After a few minutes, I got tired so I watched CORPSE BRIDE xDD Anyway, at least I finished it.

By the way, for those DAEWONs out there, I'm so sorry I made a dead Daehyun :(