ONE

Just a dream

Once a upon a time, there was a village that was located near the mountains. It was your ordinary village, where there were cobble stone roads and houses that were built only under one storey. The villagers had simple jobs but were happy. Every night, when work was finish and children had done their chores, everyone was allowed to play.

In this village, there lived a couple. A very beautuful couple. Not only did they have the looks but their hearts were made out of gold. Everyone in the village simply loved them. 

 

One evening, screams were heard in the couple's house. The villagers who have heard the screams, immediately went to the couple's house. They brought pitch forks and torches. They were frantic. They thought someone attacked the couple's home. To their surprise, the woman was just giving birth to their first born baby.

She gave birth to a baby girl. The baby grew up into a beautiful girl. She definitely had the genes of her parents and more. She was very petite. Her hair was long and black like ebony. Plump lips were pink as cherry blossoms. She had dark orbs and fair skin.

Like her parents, she also possessed a soft heart. She was polite and lady-like. Because of that she was adored by the villagers. They adored her so much that they named their village after her. The villagers were grateful to have them in their lives. 

 

The village was peaceful and lively, but there were times that it wasnt. The so-called perfect family also had their mysterious side. Especially their child. 

It was like she was too good to be true. An angel sent from above. They cant help but wonder. Some saw that she was talking to animals. Wild ones scurry away when they see her. Whenever she walked in the fields, flowers seem to bloom from where she had stepped. 

A witch. They thought.

This girl could possibly be a witch but the conclusion was vague for witches were demonic and lived in the dark. No matter. She couldnt possibly be. Let just say she's special.

 

This time of the month, winter was close by—autumn as it was called. The leaves turned orange and yellow. Birds flew to the south for the winter. A familiar girl had planned to head south as well, but not because winter was coming.

It was night time and people were asleep. The girl slowly went out of the house with her red scarf around her neck. She placed her hands around her for the wind was blowing furiously. She walked fast until she came to a river. She was wondering how to get across. The wind came back blowing furiously as ever. It managed to blow away her scarf. She was about to chase it but he suddenly came.

"I'm glad you came. Shall we go?"

He took her hand and led her to a small boat. The river was wide and the place where they're going was far, as been told by the man. She asked if they could reach it before the sun comes up.

"Of course. You trust me, right?"

She nodded. 

No one knew this man, except for the girl. As they slowly drifted away, she stared at the ripples and began to remember how they met. 

 

She was young and didnt have a care in the world. She walking, skipping then running. She didnt care where she was going as long as it led her to adventures. Somehow, it led her to a forest. She had heard from the villagers that beasts lived in forest. Some can shape shift into humans to trick they're prey.

Silly. She thought.

She came across a big tree and decided to climb it. She sat on one of the branches and looked up at the clouds. The weather was calm. The breeze was gentle. She closed her eyes and drifted into deep slumber.

When she opened her eyes, dark orbs were staring right at hers. She was surprised to see a someone that looked like her, except it was a man. He said he rescued her from a nest of snakes. She didnt know she resting on their home. She was grateful and asked how she could ever repay him.

A smirk curved at the corner of his lips.

"Come away with me."

It was wrong and she knew it. She cant possibly go with a stranger but there was something about him that was appealing. Was it because of his beauty? Her heart made loud thumps that ached her. It felt like she was being lured. She was naive and had a soft heart, so she agreed.

He smiled. 

"Meet me by the river when the leaves start to fall."

 

"We're here."

She didnt notice that she had fallen asleep. She looked around and saw nothing but trees. She asked where they were. The man just simply took her hand and walked. He led her to a house, a mansion. It looked old but it was beautiful. The girl stared in awe at the mansion. The man held both of her hands to make her look at him. He kissed both of her knuckles.

"You are one special girl. I'd like to keep you with me."

 

A few days later. A woman was crying. She was sitting on the snow with her palms covering her face making her sobs inaudible. In front of her was a red scarf. 


 

"This is bull crap."

Haewon said as she slammed the book close and threw it on her bedside table

"Its past your bed time, Jung Haewon."

She jerked at the sudden voice for she knew who it was.

"Good evening, Head Mistress." She sheepishly smiled.

Head mistress was a strict woman but also a good friend to the girls.

The place where Haewon is staying was a dormitory owned by the school. Head Mistress is in charge of the dormitory.

No one really knows Head Mistress very well. Nobody even knows her real name. All they know is that when she was a student, she lived in the same dormitory and went to the same school.

This calm and reserve old woman was mysterious, but no one really cares.

"I see you had fun with my books?"

She scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Please. What kind of story was that? Its weird. How can a story character look like me?"

Haewon did had the same appearance with the girl. Except, the girl was lady-like. Haewon was, well, y.

"Now, now. Its just a coincidence. Come on, you still have to rise early."

She adjusted herself on her bed, pulling the blanket up to her chest so she wouldn't get cold. When she was settled, Head Mistress took one last look at the girl before turning off the light.

"Good night, Head Mistress." The girl said.

Head Mistress smiled. Then she slowly closed the door. The room was beginning to get darker and darker.

"May your dreams take you anywhere unimaginable.."

With a sound of a click, she was already pulled into deep slumber...


 

How was it? Boring? :/

Comments are LOVED~