(KaiSoo) The Awkward Interview Gone Wrong

Height-ers' Woes

KaiSoo – The Interview, Misunderstood

 

 

“So Kai, for you, who’s your favorite hyung in all of EXO?”

“Um, for me, I-I think it’d be Kyungsoo hyung. B-Because he’s so cute,” Kai smiled and nodded at his own statement. Kai regained his composure first, before saying: “Especially his height.”

 

“Especially his height, my ,” he mocked.

 

___________________

 

Jongin, Sehun and Tao were fiddling nervously with their own fingers as they’re waiting for the van to arrive at the studio for the talk show.

 

It was their first time to have an interview incompletely, and there were only three of them—four if you count in Junmyeon—and it’s making the maknaes very anxious.

 

“W-Why did they choose the three of us only, hyung?” Sehun asked.

 

Junmyeon rolled his eyes, “Now you call me hyung. Anyways, manager hyungnim said that it’d be nice that the maknaes are getting more exposure without the help of their hyungs.”

 

Before Sehun could ask one more question, the van came to a swerve and a sudden halt, giving a what-the-hell-just-happened looks to their driver.

 

“A crazy fan was blocking the way holding a banner that wrote ‘Marry noona, Sehun baby’ in red ink…”

 

“Uhh, I don’t think that’s ink at—“

“Let’s go, ahjussi, we’ll be late,” Junmyeon cut Jongin off and chuckled nervously. The driver nodded and drove a little faster so that they won’t be late.

 

 

And as calculated, Junmyeon was right, they weren’t late.

 

Hmm, maybe my luck is improving, Junmyeon thought.

 

Just as the four of them were supposed to step in, Junmyeon was blocked by some of the guards.

 

“The three of them are the only ones allowed.”

 

…or maybe not.

 

____________________

 

Jongin, Sehun, and Tao nervously stood on the backstage, waiting to be called on by the host, Shindong.

 

“Now here are the maknaes of EXO, Oh Sehun, Kim Jongin, and Huang Zitao!” Shindong happily announced.

 

The three of them were nudging each other on who should go first and decided (more like voted) that Sehun should just go first since he's the youngest. Psh, peasants.

 

 

The show went on pretty smoothly, if stuttering and stumbling a lot means smooth, then yes, it’s quite smooth if you ask them.

 

Zitao always said, “Uhhm” and incoherent sound effects that, surprisingly, didn’t annoy anyone except the remaining EXO members who stayed in their dorm to watch them, the audience even squealed; Sehun seldom had a time where he didn’t look down on his almost forming bulge, or touch any articles of his clothing (Oh, how Junmyeon is actually cringing and face-walling right now); and Kai, Kai was a mix of Zitao and Sehun, he’s like a descendant of the god of awkwardness.

 

After an hour, the show, that almost turned out to be an awkward wreck if Shindong wasn’t so good at hosting, finally ended. And now they’re on their way back to the dorm.

 

As the smaller leader and the three maknaes stepped inside the dorm, the maknae line was instantaneously met with judging stares.

 

“How can you guys be a bundle of awkwardness in a talk show?” Kris muttered and they finally went on to their regular (…maybe?) lives; Sehun cuddling with Luhan; Tao ogling in front of a newly-mailed brochure subscription from Gucci; and Kai, now Jongin, making his way to the kitchen, where his favorite hyung is staying most of the time.

 

When Jongin saw Kyungsoo, he smirked and started walking to the elder’s direction. “Hey, Kyungsoo hyung,” Jongin wrapped his arms around the smaller’s waist and rested his chin on his shoulders.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Whatever.” Jongin furrowed his eyebrows at how his hyung acted. Kyungsoo hyung never treated me this way. I wonder what’s wrong. Kyungsoo hit Jongin’s arms, telling him to let go.

 

But the younger didn't budge and even hugged his waist in a tighter grip.

 

"I said ing let go, Kim Jongin. Or else I will kick your balls and not let you eat dinner," Kyungsoo half-screamed at the younger.

The younger complied and looked at his hyung that walked, in a surprisingly fast pace, back to their shared room.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Jongin pouted in an aegyo that can beat Sehun’s.

 

“You’re so stupid, you know that?” Baekhyun suddenly popped out beside him.

 

“Jesus, hyung, you could’ve—“

 

Baekhyun cut Jongin’s overreaction, “You should know how Kyungsoo can be so emotional when it comes to his height.”

 

“Two words and one sentence. Interview, height, and he were fuming smoke in his nose when you mentioned something...unknowledgeable. Solve it for yourself.”

 

Height and interview, Jongin thought and repeated the word in his head like a chant.

“Oh .” Jongin muttered and ran to their shared room. He found out it was locked and saw a paper taped, exactly eye-level with Jongin, and it indicated: Kim ing Jongin sleep on the couch. P.S. I still hate you.

 

 

Jongin ended up not eating delicious homemade dinner for two days, sleeping in the couch, sometimes on the floor—if Junmyeon is also kicked out by his (cruel) dongsaengs, and earning piercing glares from his short, owl-eyed hyung.

 

Lesson learned, the remaining ten must say. Never mention Kyungsoo anything about his height or else you’ll die of starvation.

 

~~~

So yeah, my font and spacing is weird. Sorry for not updating frequently. T-T School . u__u So, I hope you enjoyed the ish update. Comment if you think you must, upvote if it's worth it, and subscribe if you want to. Also, I changed my username from teukdeulmyun to _junmash.