The One With The Friend of Daesung

The Best For Last

Daesung just laughed. “I’ve missed you Sam” he told her as he hugged her again.

“Aww I’ve missed you too Daesung.” she returned his hug. 

"Excuse me are we interrupting something?" a voice asked. 

 

Sam jumped. She knew that voice. She looked up and had the pleasure of locking eyes with Kwon Jiyong(GD) and Dong Youngbae(Taeyang). She tried to keep calm. Sam didn’t think about the fact that there was a good chance that Daesung would be coming with the rest of the boys. Daesung like herself was not a club person, she only went when her friends were going. But she didn’t think that any of the members would come at all considering their busy schedules. She had done so well over the years with not meeting any of them. Which is pretty amazing considering how much time she spent around Teddy, Dong Wook, and other mutual friends. With the exception of Daesung which was not her fault, Sam hadn’t had any contact with any BigBang members for years. It was a ten year miracle that she would have hoped would last forever, but nobody was that lucky. She knew that it was unlikely to not run into at least a couple of them, as long as it wasn’t Seunghyun she would be okay. She highly doubted that Youngbae and Jiyong would remember her from so long ago. At least she hoped they wouldn’t. It would probably help her if she didn’t hang around much longer.

 

"No...no, you're not interrupting anything." Sam said quickly detached herself from Daesung. 

"Oh hey guys." Daesung greeted his friends.

“I thought that you were going to find Seungri…” Youngbae asked Daesung as shot a glance at Sam.

"Daesung I didn’t know that you had company. I’ll should go.” Sam got up quickly, hoping that Daesung would let her leave before the rest of BigBang came back. Sam didn’t really feel in the mood to open that can of worms tonight.  

“Nonsense the guys won’t mind if you hangout for a while, right guys.” Daesung asked the them. They both nodded their head in agreement that Sam could stay.

“Of course any friend of Daesung’s is a friend of ours. Right Youngbae?”

“Absolutely!” Youngbae agreed as he flashed Sam one of his killer eye smiles.

“No its okay I don’t wanna intrude.”

“Please Sam, I haven’t seen you in months and we haven't even got a chance to catch up” Daesung held her hand and pleaded. It was always hard for Sam to say no to Daesung which was why it never happened. Plus she had really missed him since he had been gone. It wouldn’t hurt to talk for a moment or two. 

“Okay, okay! I’ll stay.” she said as she gracefully plopped down next to Daesung. 

“Um aren’t you going to introduce us Daesung?” Jiyong asked as the guys took their seats next to Sam.

“Right sorry. Guys this is my very good friend Samantha.”

“Nice to meet you Samantha I am GD, Kwon Jiyong.” He reached out for a handshake.

“And I’m Taeyang, but you can call me Youngbae”.

“It’s very nice to meet you Jiyong and Youngbae.” she said as she shook both their hands. She began to relax a bit more they didn’t seem to remember her which was good. Sam had to say she was in awe of how handsome they had grown up to be. She had met them before but that was a long time ago, and she had to say that time had been really good to them.

 

“We usually have two more guys in our group but Seungri is somewhere chatting up people as always and T.O.P doesn’t seem like he’s gonna make it.” Youngbae explained. Samantha became much more comfortable with the news that Seunghyun wouldn’t be joining them. 

“So Daesung I thought you went to go find Seungri. I mean i'm not complaining. Im sure Samantha is probably better company than Seungri.” Youngbae joked.

“I just ran into Samantha while I was looking for Seungri. She was a having an unfortunate encounter with a drunken idiot.” Daesung explained. 

“He was an . I was just telling Daesung that if he wouldn’t have swooped in like my knight and shining armor I would have kicked his and would had to spend the night in jail.”

“Are you okay?” Jiyong asked. Sam was taken aback by how genuinely concerned he seemed.

“Yeah im okay, he was just being rude and way too touchy.”

“Are you sure? Cause we can go to talk to the manager or the owner.” Youngbae added.

“No you guys its... im okay, this was not my first run in with a y guy and unfortunately it's probably not my last. But thank you guys for your concern. I appreciate it.” Sam said with a thankful smile.

“Like we said any friend of Daesung is a friend of ours.” Taeyang smiled back.

“So how do you guys know each other?” Jiyong asked Sam. 

“You guys know Grace right. We met through her. What was it like...4 years ago...5 years. Something like that.” Sam couldn’t exactly remember.

Grace had been friends with Kang Daesung since they were little. Because of that she had also become close with the other BigBang members. Being in the public eye can quickly turn someone into someone into a different person, it was good to have someone to keep you grounded. For Daesung that was Grace.

"It was when I was really sick." Daesung told them.

"Grace called me and said there was an emergency and that she needed my mom's "Pepe" soup. It's really spicy soup made with habanero chili peppers, she makes it for my siblings and I all the time when its really cold outside or we were sick. Anyway so Grace called me to come over and make make it for her sick friend. But I didn’t know it was for Dae until I saw him huddled on the couch. So I quickly made the soup. He drank the soup, took some medicine, and we all watched Finding Nemo and ate ice cream."

“Im telling you guys it was Miracle soup. I felt amazing the next day.” 

“Im pretty sure the Nyquil had a big part in that but whatever you say.” Sam laughed. “ Anyway that's how we met and then like a week later I got a ridiculously big gift basket full of stuff like candles, chocolate, and sparkling wine. It was pretty cool, but the coolest thing was the note that thanking me and inviting me and Grace to dinner prepared by Daesung himself.” she concluded.

“Wait are you telling me that Kang Daesung offered to cooked for you?” Jiyong asked.

“Yep!”

"Basically she’s had seen me at one of my worst times, puking my guts out, coughing, and delirious with fever. It was it was that day before we the BigShow concert, she saved me from missing the concert.” 

The two nodded finally understanding how thankful Daesung must have been. It was very important to each of the boys to give their all at every concert that they had the privilege of putting on. As cliche as it sounds they wouldn’t have what they have without their fans. If Daesung had missed that concert it would have been disappointing to everyone.

“Plus you did puke on me.”

“He did what?!?” Jiyong exclaimed.

“Yep, he puked right down the front of my shirt” 

“You’re never gonna let that go are you?” Daesung asked.

“Daesung when someone pukes on you the first time you meet, one does not simply let that go.” Sam patted his face jokingly.

“I did try to make it up to you. I felt like I should show my appreciation for her kindness with dinner. And it's not like I could take her out so I decided to cook. I realize now how much of a bad first impression that was.” Daesung said apologetically.

“You’re realizing that just now.” Sam joked. “Actually I’m happy that I met you like that.”

“Why is that?” YoungBae asked.

“Because Daesung was so human, it cut through all the first meeting small talk politeness. Im not saying that Daesung wasn’t polite because he was of course. I just don’t like small talk, I can do it well but I don’t like it. Usually when Someone like me meets someone like you guys there is a distance makes it hard to figure out what exactly is real about you and what is an act. It’s hard for me to trust people who are seem like they don’t have flaws or act like they aren’t human, it's unsettling. But I get it. I understand guys are put on a pedestal accompanied by a ridiculous set of expectations. You guys as artists in the face of the public are always expected to act a certain way. You gotta protect yourself from people...Sorry, that was a lot.” Sam usually did not talk this much. It must have been the alcohol, a waiter had brought some champagne around the room before Seungri had showed up and she had finished it. That meant that she was getting a warm buzz that made her talkative.                        

“No don’t be. Thats our industry in a nutshell.” Youngbae told her.

“It comes with the territory.” Jiyong added as he took a drink. Sam wouldn’t say he sounded bitter...no it wasn’t bitterness it was more like first hand knowledge of the effects of the spotlight.

“So how was Daesung’s dinner?” He asked getting back to the story.

“Oh my gosh it was one great disaster! Grace told him that my favorite korean dish to eat was japchae and mandu which was some of the hardest things to make for a person who doesn’t know how to cook.” She told them.

“I got the recipes from my mom and it seemed easy enough. I should have let my mom make everything when she offered.” Daesung said as he hung his head.

“By the time Grace and I got there Daesung was sweating through his shirt in a panic because he had burnt the meat for the japchae and cooked the noodles too long. When he went to open the door for use he left the mandu frying in the pan and they ended up burning then the smoke detector went off it was a mess.” They all laughed as Sam explained. 

 

“What’s going on here?" Everyone looked up. Lee Seungri had made his entrance and curiously looking at Samantha.

"I was wondering why nobody came to find me. But now I see, you guys were too busy chatting with this beautiful lady.” He flashed a charming smile at Sam. Sam was surprised that was way more handsome than MVs and tv appearances had allowed him to be. He stuck his hand out to Sam for a handshake. 

“Hello, my name is Lee Seunghyun but you can call me Seungri.” He said confidently.

“Nice to meet you Seungri. My name is Samantha but you can call me Sam.” She smiled. There was a pause and Seungri was still holding Sam’s hand. Sam smiled then asked him.

“Can I have my hand back, or did you want it as a souvenir?” She surprised him a little by her boldness. Other girls would have just melted at the interaction but she was as calm as a cucumber. The guys laughed as Seungri finally let go and took a seat across from Sam. Daesung apologized for Seungri, but Sam brushed it off.  

“Sam here is a friend of mine.” Daesung informed Seungri.

“Really. Well any friend of Daesung is a friend of mine.” Seungri smiled.

“So I’ve heard.” Sam laughed.