Humble Begins.... Well, Sort Of..

Not What You Think.

 


CHAERIN'S POV:
 
 
 
My alarm clock went off and I woke up. I hit it to make it stop. I slowly sat up and stretched with a smile on my face. Usually when I wake up at this time in the morning I feel like murdering someone but today I was so happy. It was my first day of Grade 11 and I couldn't be more excited.
 
 
I stood up and slowly walked towards my bathroom. I had a relaxing shower before doing my makeup. I got dressed into black, leather, high cut shorts. A blue crop top and black ankle boots.
 
 
I smiled at my refection before brushing my waist length, blonde hair and resting it over my shoulder. I grabbed my bag and my phone before walking down stairs and grabbing a muffin from the table.
 
"Bye Umma!!" I said to her and she stood up.
 
"Wait, Chaerin. Don't you want me to take you to school?" she asked.
 
"Nah, it's cool. I'm walking with Kai and Dara" I told her as I walked towards the front door.
 
 
Kai and Dara are my best friends. We've been best friends since we could walk and it's always been that way. Although everyone at Seoul High in my year has known each other since we were toddlers. The city wasnt as big that then and we all  went to school together.
 
 
I walked out of the House and Kai and Dara were standing there. Kai was wearing his usual: Black skinny jeans, white singlet and Black High Tops. Dara was also wearing Skinny jeans, blue ones with an off the shoulder purple shirt and white ankle boots.
 
"Gosh, how can you two wear skinny jeans?!  It's so hot out here!!" I said as I gave them both a hug.
 
"Not all of us have perfect legs like you Chae~" Dara said and I laughed.
 
 
We started walking down the street towards the school. It was only a 3 minute walk from where I live so we always walk to school together from my house.
 
"OMG!!" Dara squealed as she looked at her phone screen.
 
"What!?" I asked curiously.
 
"Bom just texted me. Apparently there's some hot new guy at our school. As Head of our grade she said she got to show him to his locker and it's next to yours Chae!!" she squealed and I smiled brightly. I can't remember the last time a new guy came into our school. I was so excited.
 
 
We got to school and walked through the courtyard into the main entrance of the school. Smiling and waving at people we knew as we went past. We walked in and as we went towards our Lockers I spotted the new guy. Saying he was hot was an understatement. He was perfection.
 
 
He had hair that was black and styled so very neatly and he was tall and fit. You could tell by the way his clothes hugged his muscles. He was wearing turquoise skinny jeans, a black singlet and Purple high tops to complete his look. He was overloaded with swag and he had a spark in those beautiful brown eyes of his. 
 
"Don't just stare at him. Go talk to him!! Me and Kai have things to do before class anyway." Dara said snapping me out of my thoughts. I raised my eyebrow at her.
 
"Like what?" I asked and Kai shrugged at me. Dara started pulling him away saying to him.
 
"Remember? That thing, with the thing, in the thing?" 
 
 
I composed myself before walking over to my locker. He turned his head and looked at me. 
 
"Annyeong. I'm Lee Chaerin. You must be new, it's nice to meet you" I said as I opened my locker and put my books inside.
 
"Its nice to meet you too Chaerin. I'm Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong that is." he said. Gosh even his voice was hot. Deep and husky he sounded like a gentleman and he had a mysterious smile on his face.
 
 
I didn't really know what else to say to him after that so I just nodded slowly and began walking away.
 
"Hey Chaerin!" he called out to me and I turned back around to face him.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Do you know where History room 22 is?" he asked.
 
"Yeah, that's were I'm heading come with me" I said and he was next to me all of a sudden.
 
"Woah, how'd you get so close to me so fast?" I asked and he rubbed the back of his neck
 
"Uh... A surge of energy, it's something I get when I have energy drinks" he told me and I nodded.
 
"So... Where are you from?" I asked out of curiosity and he smiled.
 
"I just moved here last week from Busan" he told me and i nodded.
 
"I have relatives in Busan." I told him and he smiled.
 
 
We arrived at our class and I ran my fingers through my hair.
 
"This is our science class.. Umm I would ask you to sit with me but I have a sort of seating arrangement at the back of the class with my friends soo.." I said awkwardly and he chuckled.
 
"It's okay, I'm sure I can manage" he said to me and walked into the class. Something about his voice made him sound so classy. I walked into the class and sat down at the back with Dara and Kai.
 
"How's mystery boy?" Kai asked and I laughed.
 
"Very... Different" I replied and sunk into my chair.
 
 
 
JIYONG'S POV:
 
 
 
-FlashBack-
 
 
Every now and then I would come back to Seoul. When I did I knew I couldn't stay. I lived here back in 1888 and it was just not safe. I missed this city every time I came back the joys I had shared here renewed. The people here were great. Their blood was sweet and they were always nice. One a particular visit I was walking through a park when I saw three 9 year olds running around. 2 girls, one had short brown hair and the other had long black hair. She was beautiful. The last child was a boy with short black hair. The two girls were chasing him around
"Jongin!! Wait!! Let me catch you Oppa!" the girl with the short brown hair shouted to the boy.
 
 
I sat down on the park bench under the shade of the frangipani tree and watched them play. The little girl with the long black hair spotted me. She slowly began to walk over to me. When she reached me she smiled.
 
"Annyeong Sunbae... Why are you sitting alone? Did your friends leave you?" she asked me and I couldn't help but smile.
 
"Yes, my friends left me along time ago" I told her and she gave me a reassuring smile.
 
"Don't worry Sunbae, your friends will come back to you. I promise!!" she said.
 
"You think so?" I asked and she nodded
 
I stood up and grabbed a pink frangipani off the tree and took two pieces of grass and twined them together with the frangipani, making a bracelet. I put the bracelet on her wrist and touched the middle of the flower and the bracelets details were suddenly protected inside unbreakable glass. She looked at me amazed.
 
"Sunbae!! How'd you do that?" she asked.
 
"Magic" I told her and she smiled. Her friends called her back and she ran back over to them. She turned to look at me one last time but I had already disappeared.
 
 
Since then every two years I'd go back to Seoul and check up on her. Never would I approach her but I watched from a far. There was something special about her and as she grew older I found myself tied to her. I wanted to know her. I spent my time learning about her but I wanted to be with her. Thats what closed my decision to move here.
 
 
-End Of FlashBack-
 
 
I had not been paying attention in class. I didn't care for History seeings how I witnessed it all myself I didn't really need to learn about it.
 
 
The time ticked past at a painfully slow rate. By the time classed finished I was so relieved. I picked my bag up and quickly. By quickly I mean the human definition of quickly. I got out of class and I waited outside. Chaerin walked out with her friends. I smiled over at her and she walked up to me.
 
"Do you have math 52 next?" she asked and I nodded slowly.
 
"It's almost like our classes are identical! Come on, you can walk with us" she said and she took me over to her friends.
 
"I'm Dara!!" the other girl said. She seemingly looked the same from how I remembered her and so did the boy.
 
"I'm Kai" he said and I nodded. Obviously the girls had given him a nickname to go by.
 
"I'm Jiyong, it's nice to meet you both" I said to them with a welcoming smile.
 
"Let's go then shall we?" Chaerin said with a smile and we all walked together towards the math classroom. Math was an easy subject for me because I had been studying it at the grade 11 level for roughly 109 years now. I was 125 years old this year. 
 
 
The let me sit at the back with them and time flew by faster because I spent the time listening to and joining in their conversations. They seemed to all like me which was exactly what I wanted but Kai seemed a bit distance. I wasn't sure why until I read his thoughts, it's a vampire skill.
 
*Stupid hot-shot wanna be. Thinks he's so cool making Chaerin smile and laugh. I hope she doesn't fall for him. He seems strange*
 
 
Kai's thoughts proved very well that he was jealous. 
 
 
When the bell rang once again it was now time for recess.
 
"Jiyong, sit with us!!" Dara said happily and I nodded humbly and they all, except for Kai, seemed excited.
 
 
We sat down at the cafeteria and we ate. Dara was flicking through the pages of a book as she was trying to explain it to Chaerin. She must of pulled on a page too fast and it cut her. She winced. The smell of the tiny drops of blood that came out of her finger and dropped onto the table was over whelming and I felt the burn in my throat. Chaerin looked over at me and seemed surprised.
 
"Are you okay.. Your eyes are like.." she said as I took a deep breath and rubbed my eyes trying to stop the veins from being seeing and my eyes going red.
 
"I'm.. I'm fine I just.. I'm going to the bathroom I'll be back." I told her and I quickly escaped the cafeteria and stood in the empty hallway. A girl walked past by herself and I called her over to me.
 
I stared into her eyes, using my mind control.
"What's your name?" I asked 
 
"Tiffany." she answered me; her voice like a robot.
 
"okay Tiffany, you're going to come with me" I said.
 
She repeated, "I'm going with you"
 
 
I grabbed her hand and pulled her into a storage closet further down the hall and held her against the door; starring into her eyes once again.
 
"You will be silent, you will feel no pain. You won't move" I told her.
 
"I'll be silent, I'll feel no pain, I won't move" she repeated and I smirked.
 
 
My throat was burning as my eyes went red, I bit into her neck and drained every last drop of blood out of her body.