The Love

Mr & Miss [pretentious] Perfect [COMPLETED!]

[Chapter 5]

Erika woke up and found herself lying alone on her bed.

“Had it all been just a dream?” Erika wondered sadly. She thought Nino had been here. She looked around. The empty cup was left on the table near her bed. The scattered photographs were neatly stacked as well and placed on the table.

“Huh?” Erika was confused. Was Nino really here or was she really still in a dream?

“You are awake!” Nino’s voice pierced through Erika’s thoughts and brought her back to reality.

“Nino! You are really here!” Erika exclaimed. Nino was soon beside her, hugging her tightly. He then placed his hand on her forehead to check her temperature.

“How do you feel? No more gastric pains?” Nino asked in concern, his eyes scanning Erika’s face for any sign of discomfort.

Erika shook her head and looked straight into Nino’s eyes. Nino felt heat rushing into his cheeks with Erika’s gaze. Despite her vulnerable state, she was still beautiful. In fact, because of her vulnerability, it made Nino more determined to protect.

“How did you get in here?” Erika asked.

Nino lifted his hand and scratched his head, “I… I climbed here using the wall protrusions as steps while holding on to a rope and into your balcony. You didn’t open the door though I have knocked so many times. I thought you may have fainted inside.”

Erika giggled. Nino felt glad that his Erika was smiling again. His Erika. Nino smiled sweetly to Erika as well. He knew she was his, but he was only going to confess to her properly after catching the bastard stalker.

“Erika… What happened? When do you know about this stalker?” Nino had to talk about the topic in order to catch that guy.

Erika shifted in his arms, revealing her being uncomfortable. Erika decided to sit straight on her bed, leaving Nino’s warm embrace. She inhaled deeply and spoke in her slightly low and husky voice, “on the day when we went to purchase items for the class.”

“What? Wasn’t I with you the entire time?” Nino reacted quickly.

“You left when you had your stomachache. He bumped into me and dropped a photograph. When I came back later, he had slot in at least a dozen photographs through the spacing between the door and floor.”

Nino could not believe it. The stalker had been following them all along. “I should have stayed with you. Why didn’t you tell me?”Nino stretched his hand to grab Erika’s. He held her hands tightly.

“I was scared and I didn’t want to bring any trouble upon you…” Erika’s tears fell. Nino tightened his hold of her hands. Erika kept her head low. She did not want Nino to see her tears.

“I had arranged the photographs. I had also called for pizza delivery. I bet you are hungry.” Nino rambled, not knowing how to continue. He was at a sudden loss at Erika’s tears. He had to be blamed as well. He left Erika, hence rendering her defenceless. He also did not realise that she had been targeted for some time. He had not detected her fear. The desire to arrest that bastard was even stronger.

“Thanks, Nino. Your presence here is more than enough. You are already my hero!” Erika complimented gently. She guessed that Nino was in a state of self-reproaching with his solemn eyes and pressed lips. She tried to put on a smile for Nino, wiping off her tears.

“Erika…” That strong front pained Nino even more. “You don’t have to be strong. You can cry on my shoulders.”

Erika continued smiling and shook her head. “I am done with that. Didn’t I do that before I slept?”

Nino patted her head and planted a kiss on her forehead. He loved her even more.

“Ding dong.” The doorbell rang.

“Must be him!”Nino suddenly jumped out of bed, putting the photographs into a clear plastic bag that he had found earlier in the kitchen.

“Erika, the pizza delivery is here. But when you hand him the money, pass these photographs to him as well.” Nino instructed. “The stalker is able to access the security cameras. I can’t collect the pizza.”

Erika nodded her head, “cop in disguise?”

Nino nodded his head, “he is the best. I love him to bits. Of course, he is second to you. He was my senior when we were in elementary school.”

“Should I write down some names for him to check as well? I did some thinking on my own.” Erika inquired, lowering her head as well. She was embarrassed due to Nino’s words. She grabbed a pen and paper from her drawer.

Nino grinned. His girl was definitely something. “I am so proud of you.”

“Ding dong.”The doorbell rang again.

Erika hurried out and prepared the necessary items. She opened the door carefully.

It revealed a man wearing the uniform of one of the pizza outlets. His eyes gleamed and he looked young. Erika wondered if this senior of Nino could one day teach her on skincare on maintaining such young and fresh looks.

“There, your pizza!” his melodious voice rang out.

Erika nodded her head and passed him the items with a wad of bills.

The man nodded his head and handed her back some small change after quickly throwing in all the items Erika passed to him into his bag used for delivering pizza.

“I will take care of it, don’t worry! Tell that kid that I am happy that he has gotten such a pretty girlfriend in real life and that he should stop wasting so much time on video games. We will meet soon! Bye!” The pizza delivery man spoke quickly and audibly. He then winked.

Erika’s heart skipped a beat. “No wonder Nino loves him. He is cute.”Erika blushed and closed the door.
The stalker watching the screen did not notice anything awkward and was glad to catch a glimpse of Erika in her oversized white top which revealed her beautiful legs.

“Erika…” He moaned. She was his. Ninomiya Kazunari had not stepped out at all. He smirked.

“Nino! Let’s eat!” Erika placed the pizza on the kitchen table and called out.

“What did that old man say to you?” Nino hugged Erika from behind, his hands having a strong hold around her waist and his head placed on her shoulder.

“Nino, can you … can you not get so close to me? It is uncomfortable!”Erika stuttered. His moves on her were always so swift that they would catch her off balance. Her heart was thumping and she swore her body temperature would have risen.

Nino then removed his hands quickly and apologised. Erika then repeated the pizza delivery man’s words to Nino while still blushing. Nino grinned.

Erika then passed him a slice of pizza and they sat down, munching on pizza. Nino’s eyes could not leave Erika. Her rosy cheeks and watery eyes made her look even more appealing.

“Nino, control, Nino…” Nino bit his pizza hard. It did not help that she was just wearing an oversized white top which made her ier.

“Nino, are you alright?” Erika noticed his silence and dazed look.

Nino looked up and saw that Erika had leaned in to check on him.

They gazed into the eyes of each other and Nino leaned in, pressing his lips on Erika’s pink and luscious lips. The two kissed passionately, with Nino dropping his pizza on the floor.

Despite telling himself that this was not the right time for such an act, Nino lost control of himself.

Erika did not think much of it. Her body reacted accordingly. She was sure of her feelings for Nino. The two pulled away after a while.

“You taste like pizza!” Erika chuckled. Nino broke into fits of laughter at her comment.

“You taste like pizza too!” He retorted. Erika laughed along, her eyes sparkling with happiness.

Nino then pulled Erika in for another kiss. “I love you, Erika. I really do. Be my girl, will you?”

Erika nodded with a blissful smile. “My boy, you have to clear the pizza on the floor or else ants will come attacking it.” Erika pouted.

Nino chuckled. “So it is true that women change moods fast.” His comment incurred a gentle slap on his shoulder from Erika.

The two enjoyed their pizza together and then rested again, waiting for the pizza delivery man’s call.

Their fingers intertwined and Erika rested her head on Nino’s shoulder. In her mind, she was thinking that perhaps, the stalker incident was to help to bring the two of them together. By thinking that way, the fear in her fear decreased while the joy intensified. This was enough.

Nino smiled as he observed Erika who was beside him. She was smiling and that made him smile as well. As long as she was safe and happy, nothing else in the world seemed to matter as much. This then reminded him of his first encounter with her. She made his games drop and he was so mad. Thinking back, he was amused with himself. How could his games be comparable to this precious gem beside him now? Times have changed, indeed.

Eventually the two fell asleep.

Nino’s ringing handphone pierced through the tranquil silence in the house. Erika tightened her grip on Nino’s. She was afraid that the stalker might know Nino’s number as well.

“Leader, how is it going?”Nino asked.

“Suspects caught. The main suspect should be the security guard of your condominium. We are applying for a search warrant. DNA results take time. If the fingerprints on any of the photographs matched his, he will be arrested and sentenced accordingly.”

“Uncle Tao?” Nino could not believe it.

“Not Uncle Tao, you idiot! It is his son, Harry Tao!” The man, whom Nino named as the Leader, scolded.

“Eh?! I have never seen him before.” Nino exclaimed while Erika was trying her best to listen to the conversation.

“He works night-shift and hence he has the time in the morning and afternoon to stalk her in school and everywhere else. It seems that one of the security cameras is always filming Erika’s apartment.”

“I see. Thanks Oh-chan! I owe you a big one!” Nino thanked.

“No problem, kid! Take good care of your pretty girlfriend!” Ohno Satoshi, the undercover cop which many sinners feared, replied.

“Take care of your Maki too! Bye!” Nino ended the call. Ohno Satoshi had got involved with a fellow undercover cop named Maki Horikita. Nino chuckled hard when he first heard it from Ohno. The always-spacing-out-and-catching-bad-guys senior had finally involved himself in a relationship for real.

“How is it?” Erika questioned, her eyes showing her desperation for answers.

“Suspects caught. It should be Harry Tao, the night-shift security guard of our condominium.”Nino answered in a serious tone.

“Harry?” Erika was shocked. She had met him several times since she had to work on school projects or even attend some school celebrations until pretty late at night. She had always known Harry as filial son who would buy dinner for Uncle Tao.

“You know him?” Nino questioned.

“A little. I mean I used to chat a little with him when I reached home late and was waiting for the lift. He would always buy dinner for Uncle Tao as well so we do meet. I just didn’t realise anything…” Erika’s voice softened.

“It is settled now. It is over. Don’t think about it. He is in the police station now since Ohno said all suspects are caught and I suppose they are being interrogated.” He hugged Erika.

Erika nodded her head and tears rolled down her cheeks again. She was so relieved.

“Now, you should get changed. I will go back and get changed as well.” Nino spoke. It was time.

Erika looked up with fear in her eyes. She did not expect Nino to leave right after the case was closed. She thought he would accompany her for a longer time. Afterall, fear was not something to dissipate quickly.

“Don’t worry, I will be back soon. Just get changed first! Have a good bath! You will feel better as well!” Nino smiled and pinched Erika’s cheeks lovingly. “I would never leave my girl.”He added on affirmatively and affectionately, making Erika’s tensed shoulders relax and her lips to curve upwards again.

Nino went back, had a quick bath and took the ferris wheel. 
When he re-entered Erika’s apartment (Erika left the door unlocked for him), Erika was already waiting for him in the living room. She was wearing a pink blouse and white shorts. Her hair was let down and she looked more energetic and refreshed. The dark eye circles had not really left her face but it was good to see that Erika was in much better spirits than before.

Nino held the ferris wheel behind his back and walked gingerly to Erika.

“This is my first present to you and I hope you will like it. This is the reason why I had a sudden stomachache that day and why I skipped school yesterday since I was preparing this for you.” His words made Erika wonder what the gift could be.

Nino presented the ferris wheel to Erika.

Erika’s eyes shone when she saw the ferris wheel. She took it from it and examined it closer. The frames with the photographs were adorable. She played with it and the beautiful song played. Her eyes were once again watery, and tears fell again.

“Thank you, Nino. Thank you!” She stood up and hugged Nino tightly.

“You do realise that there is an empty frame, do you?” Nino questioned. He had been waiting for Erika to ask about that so that he could further impress her with his thoughts on winning her heart.

“I do. It is for a photograph of us together, isn’t it?” Erika answered honestly.

Nino sighed. “I wanted to tell you the answer myself to make this confession a more touching one… I guess I have really good taste and skills and charm to win over such a pretty girl with smart brains and kind heart and great acting skills.”

Erika was thoroughly entertained and amused with Nino’s words. She gave him a light peck on his cheek and stated,

“My boyfriend is sweet and a great actor as well. Mr Pretentious Perfect is Mr Perfect in my eyes!”

Nino beamed with delight and pulled Erika in for a kiss. The ferris wheel was still turning and the love song was still playing…

“What? Why didn’t you tell me anything? Aren’t I your best friend?” Riko shouted at Erika. Erika was relating the incident to her after Harry was caught and sentenced.

“Riko, I didn’t want to worry anyone or trouble anyone.” Erika explained.

“I don’t want to listen to all these!” Riko covered her ears. Erika sighed.

“But I want to listen to all the juicy details about how you and Nino spent those times together!” Riko grinned and exclaimed. Erika blushed.

“Riko, you are such a great friend to have! You know exactly the more important issues worth listening to, don’t you?” Nino smirked as he joined the two girls, bringing them their sandwiches and drinks.

Riko clapped enthusiastically. “Nino, you really acted well in class, just like Erika. Come on, Erika! Or Nino, you can help fill me in about the details!”

Nino almost choked on his drink. It was fun if he could watch Erika blushing and stuttering about the confession and kisses to Riko. However, if he were to do it, he would be very embarrassed as well.

Erika chortled at Nino and quickly patted his back.

“You two are so sweet! Come on! I won’t stop pestering until you two tell me the truth!” Riko threatened with her eyebrow lifted.

In the end, Erika and Nino both took turns to tell their story.

“So I suppose you two are going to the amusement park together soon, right? To take the photo and put it in the ferris wheel? That is so sweet! I envy you two so much! Stay happy!” Riko gave her best friend her genuine blessings.

Erika and Nino looked at each other and smiled. Their hands inched towards each other and their fingers intertwined.

Love is in the air.

-

TADA! FINALE! YAYYYY!

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING.

I AM DONE:D

LEFT WITH AIBA'S STORY:O

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

CHEERS.

JA NE~!:P

BEST REGARDS
th1rd3ye / crunch