The Intimacy

Mr & Miss [pretentious] Perfect [COMPLETED!]
[Chapter 2]

“Good morning!” Nino greeted as he stepped into the lift.

Erika stared at him, “Is there something wrong with you?”.

“Nope!” Nino gave a wide grin to her.

Erika pulled her bag closer to herself to feel more secure. “You are acting weird.”

“No, I am not. I am being nice and polite. Come on, since we go to the same school, I can give you a ride!” Nino offered and pulled Erika into his bicycle. “Let’s go!”

“Hey… Hey…” Erika did not have time to reject Nino but instead wrapped her arms around his waist tightly as Nino zoomed off.

“Somehow, this feels good.” Erika thought to herself but quickly pushed off those thoughts of hers. She strongly believed that this Ninomiya Kazunari was an excellent actor.
She would not be fooled.

Nino grinned to himself. He loved the wind blowing against him and it did not hurt to have the prettiest girl in the school sitting behind me. He wondered how it would feel, if all of these were real, and not just an act.

“We have reached.” Nino announced.

Erika quickly broke the physical contact between them and jumped off to the class.

Nino noted to himself, “The class leader indeed… Conscious and aware... But there is more, Toda Erika!”

As Erika stepped into the class, the males who always surrounded her gave way to Nino who was strolling behind her. Many had seen how Nino had cycled to school, with Erika on his back. They looked like those couples in the movies.

“Erika! When did you two get so close?” Riko asked as Erika hurriedly sat down.

“We are not close. He just randomly pulled me to his bike and cycled me here!” Erika answered hastily. She turned to look at Nino who sat beside her. “You are causing me a lot of trouble!”

“Hey, I was just being nice since we are neighbours.” Nino replied innocently.

“You…!” Erika did not know how to reply him.

“I win!” Nino smirked. Erika turned to glare at him for a moment and then she prepared for lessons. She was angry but she had to maintain her composure.

“Stay calm, Erika, stay calm!” She told herself as she silently started counting. “One, two, three…”

Riko was very amused by her best friend and Nino. “Interesting…”

Lessons went on as usual and Erika finally was able to forget her little battle against Nino. However, Nino was not done yet. The cycling was just the beginning…

As everyone was busy packing their bags, getting ready to leave immediately upon their dismissal, Nino had his next step planned and prepared for.

“Dismissed!”

As expected, people started rushing out of their classes.
Normally, Erika would have waited but she was afraid of Nino grabbing her and cycling her home. Not only did she not want to attract more attention towards Nino and her as the perfect couple, she was also evading Nino as she did feel her heart pound rapidly when he treated her in that special way. She needed to maintain her cool.

Erika got out of her chair and hastened her steps, pulling Riko behind her.

Nino beamed and it dazzled some female classmates who stopped to stare at him. Nino had anticipated Erika’s moves.

Erika was in such a hurry that she did not notice the girls who stopped in their tracks.

Nino was standing up now and walking towards the girls.

Erika bumped against the girls, knocking them back to reality.

Nino was next to them. He shot out of his legs to trip Erika swiftly.

As expected, Erika fell, right into his arms.

“Erika!” Riko shouted.

That shout attracted many to turn and look at what had had happened.

Gasps were heard.

“Are you alright?” Nino asked in pretended concern which went unnoticed by all except Erika.

Erika lifted her head up and stared at him. She wanted so much to step on his feet right now but she should not.

“I am fine, thank you!” Erika plastered a polite smile and broke away from Nino’s hold.

“I will send you home.” Nino spoke like a bullet train.

Erika just nodded and left the classroom. Nino followed behind her closely.

Erika was fuming mad while Nino was left confused. He had gotten lost in her pair of mesmerizing eyes when she looked up just now.

He had not realized how much her eyes sparkled and could charm one so easily, even when she was angry.

He had wanted to ride her home genuinely. Initially, the cycling was part of the plan against Erika. He wanted to make her feel uncomfortable in the hope that she would not be able to maintain her image. He had truly underestimated her. At the same time, he could enhance his own image while embarrassing Erika.

However, now he just chased after her as she stormed away more quickly and further away…

His lips curved into a wide smile. “Right, Erika, you are so adorable! You don’t know how good you look when you are terribly mad.”

Upon reaching his bicycle, Nino hopped onto it. Erika took the chance to kick his bicycle, causing Nino to nearly fall off from his bicycle.

“Hey!”Nino exclaimed.

Erika ignored him and sat behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and instructed him coldly, “Move!”

Nino was absolutely amused by the woman behind him. He started cycling but as he cycled, he could feel her fingers digging into his waist.
She was pinching him.
It was payback.

“This is so not romantic.” Nino thought to himself as he bit his lips.

Seeing that Nino had no reaction, Erika tried to pinch him harder but she eventually gave up. He showed no signs of anger or pain and she was getting tired.

“You are such a good actor.” Erika spoke with dripping sarcasm.

“You are not too bad too.” Nino replied with sincerity.

“You are such a charmer.” Erika continued to mock but in her heart, she believed in what she had just said.

“That is so sweet of you. You are such a darling too.” Nino answered jokingly.

“Whatever. Faster!” Erika knew that this was going nowhere.

“Your wish shall be my command!” Nino spoke as if he were her servant. He cycled faster and Erika had her grip around his waist tightened.

When they finally reached the building, Erika waved hello to Uncle Tao again. Nino however cheekily rushed into the lift and went up first.

“Hey you!!!!!!!!!!” Erika shouted. “Idiot.”

Nino was waiting outside his apartment for Erika to appear.

“Hello! I win again!” Nino greeted with a huge grin.

Erika smiled sweetly at him as she walked towards him and then she stepped hard on his feet.

“Itai!” Nino let out a yelp while Erika smirked.

Nino then grabbed Erika’s hand which caused Erika to once again fall into his arms.

“You love being in my embrace, don’t you?” Nino then pulled Erika into a tight hug.

For a moment, the both of them in the tight embrace felt loved and blessed.

Erika then shoved Nino away. “I think the truth is the opposite, Kazunari. You are the one who love holding me, don’t you? In fact, I can hear your heart thumping so fast.”Erika then tiptoed and inched her face closer to Nino’s. “Admit it! You are falling in love with me!”

Erika then flashed a triumphant smile. Her beautiful eyes shone.

Nino was momentarily rooted to the ground. Her beauty was breathtaking.

“Nothing to say, Kazunari? I win. Now we have a draw. See you tomorrow, dear!” Erika then swiveled to enter her own apartment.

Nino watched her as she entered her home. He then shook his head and smiled dreamily to himself.

“This is sure getting interesting…”

What they did not know was that someone was observing their relatively intimate behaviour.

That someone clenched his fists in fierce fury and jealousy…

-

:)

crunch.