The Progress

Mr & Miss [pretentious] Perfect [COMPLETED!]
[Chapter 3]

“Morning!” Nino greeted Erika with a huge grin on his face. This time, he was holding a pancake and a plastic cup of warm soya bean drink for Erika.

Erika smiled sweetly. It was a genuine smile as she really felt touched by Nino’s acts. In addition, Nino’s good looks made it all even better.

“Thank you very much!” Erika took the breakfast from Nino and walked towards the lift.

“Hey, my darling, wait! This breakfast is for us. We have to share!” Nino chirped with an adorable smile.

Erika faced him and chuckled at Nino’s cute facial expression. “What if I refuse to share?”

“Come on, Toda! Aren’t you the sweet and caring class leader as well as the belle of the school?” Nino answered smugly.

“Threatening me with my image?” Erika then returned the breakfast to Nino. “No thanks then.”

“Hey, I was just joking!” Nino exclaimed as he pulled Erika’s hand as she rushed out of the lift. Erika was giving him a bewildered look on her face.

Nino tore the pancake into half and passed it to Erika. “Take this!”

Erika looked at the oozing red bean filling of the pancake then back to Nino. She opened slightly.

“Take it or I am going to feed you.” Nino threatened and Erika wanted to take the pancake with her hands.

However, Nino was much quicker. He really put the pancake into Erika’s mouth and fed her the first bite of her half of the pancake.

Erika’s eyes widened but she immediately took her half of the pancake and bit it on her own.

Nino chortled and pulled Erika’s hand. He was holding her hand now and leading her to his bicycle. Erika wanted to shove off his hand but Nino had a firm grip on her hand.

It was clear that he was not letting go.

Throughout the journey to school, Nino was cycling with only one hand. He still refused to let go of Erika’s hand. Erika did not know what her own feelings were. She felt something warm in her heart.

Maybe she was having an infactuation with Nino. However, her logical mind cautioned her that Nino might be just playing with her. Their little game of winning each other and acting along with each other were their secrets.

Was Nino acting or was he truly interested in her?

Finally, they reached school. Since Nino had to stop the bike, he had to let go of Erika. Erika quickly left his bike and ran towards the classroom. Nino was bewildered.

He knew that he had to get closer to Erika in order to win their little game and reveal her true side to the others.
However, he could feel the disappointment and sadness when he saw her running away from him to the class.

He put one hand on the left side of his chest and wondered what that sudden grief was about.

While thinking, he began to walk towards class…

Lessons went on as per normal. However, Riko being Erika’s best friend noticed Erika’s sudden silence, as well as Nino’s quietness today as well. Despite noticing the two’s awkwardness, Riko did not do anything.

She knew that this was actually a good sign that the two had most probably progressed in their relationship. It might seem as an illogical assumption but Riko knew her best friend. The rosy cheeks and dreamy eyes of Erika betrayed Erika herself. However, Erika’s tense posture revealed how worried Erika was.

Riko might not know Nino for long but she knew that Erika was very charming. Most probably, Nino could have fallen for Erika so rapidly that he did not realize it.

“These two are so adorable!” Riko thought to herself with a sly grin.

School ended eventually.

“Sorry, Erika! I think I cannot go shopping for the class decorations. I think you should get Nino to help you. That’s all! I am in a hurry!” Riko then hurried off.

“Riko!”Erika called out once but her best friend.

“Hey, Riko must really have something important. Since I am free, I will just go with you!” Nino offered with a gentle smile.

Erika just nodded her head and followed Nino.

On their ride, both of them spoke nothing, still in deep thoughts.

“Alright, we need to get this, this, this and that…” Erika was checking her checklist and informing Nino what they would have to buy.

However, Nino interrupted her. “Let’s get lunch first! My treat!”

“What?” Erika could not believe the guy in front of her but she could not protest as Nino had dragged her to some stall. Nino had already ordered two bowls of noodles.

“Eat. You need energy to move around the place to get all your stuff!” Nino commanded.

Erika stared at Nino and began to eat.

“That’s so adorable of you to listen to me and just eat. Aren’t you afraid that I had asked the lady boss to add something into your bowl of noodles?” Nino joked.

Erika glared at Nino once more and stuck out her tongue.
She ignored him and continued eating her bowl of noodles.

Erika came up with a best tactic against Nino and that would be ignorance.

After eating their noodles in silence, Erika started to purchase the items she needed. Nino was in charge of carrying the items.

“Your boyfriend and you are so compatitable. How sweet of him to help you carry these bags!” One of the lady bosses commented as Erika was paying for her purchases.

Nino gave a wide grin while Erika blushed and cleared things up. “He is not my boyfriend. He is just my classmate helping me out.”

Nino felt his heart sink. He knew he had lost their little game.

“Young lady, he is perfect for you! You two fit very well!” The lady boss continued.

Erika just smiled politely and left.

“Heard that? I am very good for you.” Nino remarked to Erika.

Erika just stuck out her tongue.

They had bought all that they needed but something caught Erika’s eyes. She stopped to take a look at it. Nino followed.

It was a ferris wheel. Each carriage was in one colour. There were seven of them- the colours of the rainbow. In addition, it was actually a musical box. If one wind up the machine, the ferris wheel would turn and the song “Right Here Waiting” would play.

“You like this?” Nino asked.

Erika kept her eyes on the ferris wheel for a few more moments before turning to Nino, saying, “Let’s go!”

“Alright then!” Nino walked with Erika to his bike. After placing all the items in the basket, he suddenly wrapped his arms around his stomach.

“I am so sorry! My stomach hurts! Please wait for a moment!” Nino rushed off.

“Hey!” Erika called out. She was worried for him but she had to take care of the purchased items and his bike.

While waiting, a man in black bumped into Erika. “I am so sorry, Miss.” The man said in a deep voice and moved away.

Erika noticed something on the floor and called out to the man. “Hey, you dropped something!”

However, the man could not hear her and proceeded on his way.

Erika’s eyes moved to the “something” that the man had dropped and let out a gasp.

It was a photograph of Nino and her outside her door yesterday. In the photograph, the two of them were leaning very closely. Not only that, there were big bold words in red.

“Ninomiya Kazunari is NOT the guy for you!”

Erika crushed the photograph quickly.

Just then, Nino came back, panting hard. He rushed to the basket and slipped something in rapidly, not noticing Erika’s pale face. “Let’s go now!”

Erika hopped onto the bike and wrapped her arms around Nino’s waist.

Somewhere along the journey, Erika fell asleep and her head fell into place against Nino’s back.

Nino smiled to himself…

Nino was in charge of bringing all the items to school the next day. Hence Erika went straightly to her apartment.

However, she would never expect to see the stack of photographs on her floor. She did not know how the person could have stepped into her house.

She let out a shocked gasp.

All the photographs were of her in school, smiling, running, doing all sorts of activities.

“You were so happy before he came… Do not hang out with him anymore!”

“Ninomiya Kazunari is NOT the guy for you!”

“Erika, I am trying to protect you!”

The words on the photographs scared her but she could not utter out anything.

That was just the beginning…

-

HELLOS.I AM CURRENTLY WORKING SO YUPP.HARDER TO TYPE AND UPDATE BUT I WILL SURELY FINISH THESE STORIES. TWO MORE CHPTS FOR THIS STORY. :P WISH ME LUCK.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

COMMENTS PLEASE!

I WILL REPLY TO EVERYONE NEXT TIME:P

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

BEST REGARDS
crunch.