[S] ho

My Scallywag Senior or Serious Sensei!? [COMPLETED!]
[F0uR]

After that horrible lesson with Miss Mana and the weird encounter with the famous senior Sho, Keiko was seriously fatigued up till next day. One day had passed and she had endured through school finally. Though there was no Mathematics lesson this day, Keiko could not forget yesterday’s Maths lesson. She was haunted by it.

She was putting a mask on to relax herself when she received a text from her tutor. He had to immediately prepare a last minute Mathematics lesson the next day for her.

“WHAT?” Keiko screamed out loud in despair. Her hatred for Mathematics just increased by leaps and bounds, and yet her tutor wanted her to face more Mathematics at this point of time.

Keiko inhaled a deep breath and shut her eyes, wishing that it was a nightmare. She convinced herself that she had fallen asleep while putting on the mask, and that she had been driven insane by that fateful lesson with Miss Mana.

The text was just another reminder of her hatred towards Mathematics. As famous psychologist Jung had mentioned, “The dream is often occupied with apparently very silly details, thus producing an impression of absurdity, or else it is on the surface so unintelligible as to leave us thoroughly bewildered.”

Keiko opened her eyes again. She brought her handphone up, close to her eyes, and she stared hard.

The message was really there. She groaned loudly in an unfeminine manner. She decided that she had to cancel this Mathematics tuition.

“I am sorry but I am unable to make it tomorrow.”
However, just moments after she sent the message, she received a reply.

“Today then! I am reaching your house in 5 minutes’ time. I contacted your housekeeper slightly earlier and she said you were in.”

“WHATTTTTTTT?” Keiko was really going insane. She jumped up and removed her mask. She had to dress herself properly. In her mind, she was cursing her tutor repeatedly as well.

Ding dong.

She could hear the irritating noise of the doorbell ringing.
It had to be him!

Keiko moaned in annoyance but she went to take her seat in the room where she had tuition. She was a lady, who was brought up with wealthy and polite parents; she had to keep her cool and composure.

“I see that you are well prepared for the tuition, despite it being so last minute.” Mr Sho politely commented while hiding a secret smirk.

Keiko put up a smile to please Mr Sho but the truth she was cringing on the inside. All she wanted was to escape from the room and indulge in a spa or massage or just hibernate under her blankets.

“Our exercise today will be very much simpler since I came without sufficient preparations. I am sorry.” Mr Sho apologised.

Keiko smiled but in her head, “then why did you even bother coming? You just want to make sure your money is earned, isn’t it?”

“Today we will do a mathematics puzzle. It is relatively simple. You have to solve sums to derive a number code and then you have to decipher it. Prove it to me that you are a logical and intelligent lady who can not only solve maths but puzzles as well.” Mr Sho explained.

Keiko’s eyes lit up. “Breaking number codes?”

Mr Sho nodded but in his mind, he made a mental note about the glint of enthusiasm and delight in Keiko’s eyes when he mentioned puzzles. “Looks like she enjoys solving mysteries… A detective at heart?” Sho thought.

“But you have to solve mathematical sums before the number codes. The number codes are derived from your answers to the mathematical sums. This means that if you get the sums wrongly, you will get the wrong code and hence you will decipher a wrong code. All your efforts will go to waste then. The objective of this game is not only to train your logical thinking but also sharpen your own eyes to discover your careless mistakes…” Mr Sho started explaining.

“Alright! Alright! I get it. Let’s move on… please.” Keiko could not stand more of his nagging.

“This is the list of questions… You have the whole lesson to solve all of them. 11 questions in total and a bonus question. Enjoy!” Mr Sho made a welcome hand gesture. Keiko rolled her eyes but quickly regained her posture and began working on the sums.

The movement of her rolling the eyes did not escape Sho’s eyes though. He chuckled silently to himself. He started watching Keiko. Her serious look was breathtaking. Sho loved the seriousness on her face and how she was so focused on her work, even if it was the subject that she hated the most, and especially after the encounter with Mana. He was impressed and admired her even more.

“She is definitely the right one.” Sho smiled.

“What is this? Why is it so hard?” Keiko mumbled to herself. The first question on the list was a question to find out the area under the curve. The method to solve it was using integration but Keiko had to note the axis and integrals which should be used.

“Don’t worry. I am not going to pressure you today. You can just slowly take your time to solve these questions, even after I am gone. After you solve the eleven questions and decipher the code, you can then try the bonus question, but you have to look for me first to get to the bonus question.” Sho instructed seriously, suppressing his laughter within.

Keiko’s gaze sharpened and her hand moved swiftly with a pencil, marking things out on the paper.

“Kawaii…” Sho thought and decided to walk around to investigate more about Keiko and the Kitagawa family… “I may be able to find some inspiration on how to woo her properly… Aish. How do I even get to start a relationship with her?” Sho’s temples ached. Usually, girls wooed him. Now he had to do the wooing. Furthermore, Keiko Kitagawa seemed to be a blockhead who did not bother to think more about hints. This was going to be a tough nut to crack. Sho then recalled the previous time when he whispered in her ears. That was an impulsive act but it did seem to have some effects.

Sho thought hard.

Soon, time was up and Sho had to leave. He returned to the room and found Keiko resting her head on the table. Upon approaching her, Sho realised that she was asleep. “She must have been tired…” He then noticed the messy papers on her table.

Keiko had been working hard. She had managed to solve six questions. Out of the six, only one was wrong. Sho decided to mark the questions so that Keiko could be more careful and edit her mistakes. He then turned to look at Keiko again.

“Truly deserving of the title of sleeping beauty…” Sho then leaned forward, and whispered in Keiko’s ears again.

“You truly are beautiful. I told you that I will be back. Here I am, but yet you are asleep. I think I really like you. Hope you can solve the questions and decipher the code. Sleep well, my lady.”

Sho then used his fingers to brush some of Keiko’s hair and patted her head. He decided that he would commit another impulsive act which was to plant a gentle kiss on Keiko’s forehead.

“Bye sleeping beauty. See you soon!” Sho chortled to himself and left. Keiko was sleeping with a smile. She shifted her position and faced another position.

“Sakurai Sho…” she called out softly and her smile broadened.

“Yeon, can you please teach me how to solve these questions?” Keiko called up her best friend. She really wanted to solve the code. It was not just because she wanted to prove herself but also her curiousity. In her dream earlier, she heard the voice of Sakurai Sho again. Those sweet words of his brought a smile on Keiko’s face.

Then she mentally slapped herself. She must have been duped by his charming looks, awesome smile and tempting whispering back then that she actually dreamt of him. Keiko could feel heat rush to her cheeks. She wondered what Yeon’s reaction would be if Yeon knew. Keiko shook her head. Yeon would not know. It was too embarrassing but yet sweet and alluring.

“Alright alright, miss… you should do it this way…” Yeon began teaching over the phone though it was not an easy task.

Keiko quickly focused.

After teaching Keiko a few questions, Yeon yawned. “Anyway, why are you being so diligent all of a sudden? Are you alright? Or is the Miss Mana haunting you so much?”

Keiko chuckled. “No, Yeon. It is my homework given by the tutor. Thanks a lot for your help anyway!”

Yeon then abruptly asked, “What do you think of Sakurai Sho?”

Keiko sat straight up, thinking in her mind, “does Yeon have psychic powers? How would she know about my dream? It can’t be.”

Keiko then replied, “He is your charming idol. Why did you suddenly bring him up?”

Yeon replied casually, “I seriously really and genuinely think that you and him look awesome, brilliant, fabulous, eye-catching, sweet and perfect together. You two are match-made in Heaven.”

Keiko burst out laughing. “You are mad, Yeon!”

Yeon laughed loudly as well. “Tell me something I don’t know! Keiko, seriously, would you consider Sho if he were one of your suitors. If he were…”

Keiko did not hesitate to answer, “I think he is pretty charming…” She blushed though Yeon could not possibly see it.

“I see… Keiko, I think…Sho likes you. That is what I have heard…” Yeon spoke directly. Sho had informed Onew that he required Yeon’s help. He wanted to really woo Keiko and move her. Yeon had to get the plan in motion.

“From where? Seriously?” Keiko did not know why but her heart thumped fast and hard. The scene of him whispering in her ears had been on repeat mode in her mind endless times. His voice and his words…

“Are you interested? I could really help to set you two up on a date….” Yeon continued.

“Yes and no.” Keiko’s answer was blunt.

“Huh?” Yeon could not understand.

“Yes, I may be slightly interested in him. No, I do not want you to set us up. If he really likes me, he should ask me out himself, not with anyone’s help!” Keiko gave a firm reply.

Yeon grinned at her best friend’s reply, “Good! Quickly solve the questions and go to sleep! You may be very surprised tomorrow morning and you definitely want to be in your best form to receive the surprise!”

“Yeon, you are really really insane!” Keiko commented while giggling.

“I know that, Miss. Thanks for the reassurance! I am going to do my facial mask and sleep too. Good night!” Yeon ended the call and immediately informed Onew of Keiko’s replies.
“Bye and good night! Thanks!” Keiko hung up as well. She then looked at the answers she had derived for the 11 questions. She had edited her mistake that Mr Sho had pointed out earlier.

“Mr Sho… Sakurai Sho… Could it be that they are related? Even their voices sounded similar… Aish. Why am I still thinking of him? I should quickly decipher the number code!” Keiko stared at her answers.

“2, 5, 13, 25, 6, 9, 1, 14, 3, 5 and 5.” Keiko recorded the numbers on a piece of paper.

She placed her hand on her chin. “Isn’t this too easy?”

“B. E. M. Y. F. I. A. N. C. E. E.” Keiko deciphered the code quickly. It was no challenge. The message was simple but the meaning of the message was what Keiko could not get.

“Be my fiancée? What does Mr Sho mean by this? Does it mean he is asking me to marry him?” Keiko imagined herself with her tutor. “No way!”

Then she remembered Mr Sho’s words that there would be a bonus question. Should she approach him and admit that she had solved the code? Or should she pretend that she could not?

“AHHHHH!” Keiko let out a short scream. She decided to just sleep and escape reality. In fact, she would love to sleep as she might get chances of dreaming of another Sho.
She threw the papers aside and covered herself warmly with her blanket…

-

CHPT 4 DONE. I HAVE BEEN ON HIATUS FOR A LONG TIME. AND IS GOING TO BE ON HIATUS SOON AGAIN.

I HOPE TO FINISH THIS FANFIC BEFORE NEW YEAR. LOLS.

I WILL TRY.

HOPE YOU READERS WILL LIKE THIS CHPT:)THANK YOU! :)

ENJOY!

crunch*