Chapter 4

4D love

 

*Miel’s POV

 

What the hell am I doing here? I asked myself this the moment I entered the building of SMent. I never really thought of becoming a celebrity. Someone visible to the public. I always thought of becoming like my father, a businessperson. But I guess becoming a personality would fill up my resume when I go look for a stable job.

 

“Miel-ssi.” A middle-aged man called. I guess he’s the president of the company. “welcome to SMent. I’m Lee Soo Man the president of this company.” He explained as he bowed. I bowed back and said “Thank you its my pleasure.” The doors opened behind me and 5 boys entered. They looked like singers just like Jaejoong. They had flashy outfits and skinny jeans.

 

“Oh, Onew. You guys are late.” Said the president.

 

“Sorry president, we got caught in traffic.” Said 1 guy that the president called as Onew.

 

“Its fine. We just started anyway. Have a seat. And we’ll discuss about the commercial you guys are going to be in with Miel-ssi.” Explained the president. Ah, so this is the group that I’m going to be working with. I was hoping to work with DBSK because Jaejoong oppa’s going to be there and it wouldn’t be awkward. But oh well.

 

“OH! MIEL NOONA! I’ve heard about you through our manager,” said one of the guys that looked much younger than the others. His face was too pretty for a guy and is quite charming. “I’m Taemin.” Oh so Taemin’s his name. “Hi Taemin, you’re really pretty.” I blurted out.

 

“Waaahh! Pretty?!” he said and pouted. I guess calling a guy pretty isn’t actually a nice thing. “Sorry, it just came out. But really, you’re goodlooking all of you are.” I told them.

 

“But,” one of them said. He looked like someone with a strong personality, “is she a noona for all of us?” he asked.

 

“Yes Key, except for Onew and Jonghyun.” Said the president. And I saw Onew looking quite disappointed. And I felt like making him feel better by calling him oppa. “Don’t worry Onew oppa, You’d be special since you’re the only one I’d be calling oppa in the group.” I said and saw a smile on his face.

 

“Jonghyun, would you stop texting and focus on the meeting” Said their manager. Jonghyun was on the far left of the table. He hasn’t talked since they arrived. He has been on his cellphone all this time.

 

“Sorry hyung, SeKyung’s and I had an argument. But its all good now.” He explained. “hello Miel! Im Jonghyun. You can drop the oppa and just call me Jonghyun. I feel old when someone calls me oppa.” He shot a teasing look at Onew but Onew was being happy all by himself in his seat. I nodded and said, “Nice meeting you Jonghyun.”

 

I noticed the last member hasn’t introduced himself yet. So I decided to introduce myself to him. “Hi! I’m Miel.” He looks like the serious athletic type that every girl dreams of. He had a small face and big eyes. He’s really good looking but not my type. “Hi Miel noona, Im Minho.” That was all he said. He looked really shy so I didn’t really want to torture him by asking questions.

 

“So since everyone is introduced. I’ll be explaining stuff about the commercial.” Said the president. So, the work begins I thought to myself. “You guys would film the commercial the day after tomorrow. It will be for a famous chicken restaurant.” Chicken? Oh well, I guess everything needs to be advertised.

 

“HELL YEAH CHICKEN!” screamed Onew excitedly. His scream startled me.

 

“Sorry about that Miel noona,” said Taemin, “Onew hyung has a thing for chicken.” He explained.

 

“Yeah, I love chicken.” Onew chuckled.

 

And I let out a faint laugh.

 

“NOONAAAA, why’d you have to laugh so cutely?!” Asked Taemin. I was shocked. I was called cute. By someone younger than me. “Ugh, what?” I asked confused.

 

“Nothing, I just found your laugh cute.” Said Taemin. Oh well, he’s young. He’s at the age where he finds everything cute.

 

“So that’ll be all.” Said the president. “By the way Miel, it hasn’t been decided yet which dorm you’d be staying at. We’ll let you know as soon as we’ve decided on something.”

 

I nodded and asked “can’t I just stay at my condo?”

 

“Well, you can’t since you’re now a part of SMent. You have to focus on your career from now on.” Explained the president.

 

“I guess it can’t be helped.” I said.

 

“Manager hyung! Can she just stay at our dorm?” Suggested Taemin. But the president said, “there’s no extra room in your dorm so she can’t”

 

Taemin looked disappointed and said, “We can just make Onew hyung sleep on the couch!”

 

“Yah Taemin-ah, as much as I want a girl in our dorm I wouldn’t want to sleep in the couch for it!” Said Onew.

 

(Miel’s cellphone rings)

“Yeoboseyo?” I answered my phone. It was Jae oppa. “Oh Jaejoong oppa!” Everyone looked at me as I said Jaejoong’s name. I forgot to tell them that I’m really close with Jae oppa. “Oh so you’ve heard. Sorry for not telling you earlier.” That Camille! She already told Jae Oppa. “Alright, what time will you go here?” he told me that he’s going to the company and asked if we could hang out. “Alright, I’ll wait for you then.”

 

I hang up and said, “Jaejoong oppa. I guess you guys know him.” How stupid can I be asking them if they know him. Of course they know him!

 

“Of course we know Jaejoong hyung! But how do you know him?” Asked Onew.

 

“He’s my classmate. We’ve known each other for 2 months now. Actually, I think me and my friend are the only friends he has in our school.” I said bluntly.

 

Key laughed, “So are you trying to say he’s a loner?” he asked. Why is it every time I tell people this they ask if what I’m trying to say is that he’s a loner.

 

“Well, he gives off a cold feeling. But he gets confessed to by a lot of girls.” I explained, “but I don’t know why he rejects them. Most of them are really pretty girls.” Yeah, I think I’ll ask him later why he doesn’t accept any of the girls that have confessed.

 

“Aish, Miel.” Said Key, “Maybe he likes someone already?”

 

“Hmm, yeah. Maybe. But he hasn’t really told us. Maybe I’ll ask him later.” I told Key.

 

“Yeah and maybe you’ll get the shock of you life.” Key exclaimed.

 

“Hyung? What are you talking about?” Asked Taemin with an innocent look.

 

“You’ll understand soon Taemin-ah.” Said Key.

I’m not sure what he’s trying to say. But I think he’s right about Jaejoong oppa liking someone. But why is he not telling me?