Chapter 3: A chance to get closer

4D love

 

*No ones point of view

 

Two months has passed and Jaejoong grew fonder of Miel to the point that he thinks he already likes her. But Miel was still as cold as ever. But that coldness that Miel had been giving off just made Jaejoong more interested in her. Miel and Camille has now been calling him Oppa as well. Hearing Miel call him Oppa made his heart skip a beat. Also, Jaejoong’s group, DBSK, as predicted was doing good. They have already won awards like best newcomer award. This made Jaejoong famous among the girls in the school.

 

He had been confessed to several times but rejected all of them and his reason was because he was busy with schoolwork and his career as a singer. And every time he would say that a girl would say, “I don’t believe you! It’s because of that girl you had always been with.” And every time he hears this there was this voice in his head concluding that he really likes Miel. He also now knows about Hyunjoong and how Miel got really depressed when he left which just made him even more drawn to Miel. He wants to make sure that Miel forgets the feeling of being abandoned by someone special.

 

“Jaejoong oppa!” A girl shouted from behind. Jaejoong recognized the voice to be Camille’s. Camille was the only one who knew about how Jaejoong felt. She knows that Jaejoong likes Miel. And she has to make Miel realize that Jaejoong is much better than Hyunjoong. Camille has dedicated herself to making both of them realize their feelings for each other are mutual.

 

*Jaejoongs POV

 

“Camille! What’s up? Where’s Miel?” I asked as she approached me.

 

“Yah oppa, how can you look for Miel when I’m here. I’m hurt!” Camille jokingly said to me.

 

“Sorry, I just got used to the two of you together all the time. And seeing you alone was kinda weird.” I explained. Camille laughed and sat down beside me dropping her backpack to the ground.

 

“I have some good news for you,” Camille excitedly said. Knowing Camille this good news that she’s talking about would be something like her getting a boyfriend at last so I said, “You finally have a boyfriend! Good for you.”  Teasingly.

 

She hit me on the head and said, “YAH! I don’t need a boyfriend. I have lot’s of flings unlike someone who can’t even tell a certain someone that he likes her.” OUCH! That went through and through. Not the hit on the head but the thing she just said. “Yah! How could you hit someone older like that?!” I exclaimed.

 

“Well, you’re just older than me by months so yeah. I just copied Miel who is younger than you by 1 year and something months.” She explained.

 

“Whatever Camille, so what’s the big news you were about to say?” I asked. We were off topic now so I had to put it back on track.

 

“Oh yeah, I thought Miel would tell you as soon as she told me but I guess she was too busy.” She explained. “Miel was recruited by a company. She’s going to star in a commercial with some group but it’s not yet sure which group.”  She said enthusiastically. But I guess I knew from the start that it was only a matter of time before some company discovered her. Not only does she have the connections because of his father being one of Korea’s top businessmen but also because she had a certain charm that people won’t be able to resist. Also she has the face for it. “Really, that’s great news!” I said.

 

“And do you know what company she got signed for?” Camille asked looking more excited. I gave her a questioning look and she answered, “the company you’re in! SMent!”

 

WOAH! I guess I looked a bit shocked because Camille laughed at the expression I gave. “Wait SMent?! Really? That’s a really good news.” I told her.

 

“Yeah, you’d be able to have more time with her. And maybe its your group that’s going to star with her in the commercial.” Said Camille excitedly.

 

“So, where’s Miel now?” I asked Camille.

 

“Well, she’s with her new manager discussing stuff with the company.” Camille responed.

 

“Oh she’s at the company? I’d give her a call. I ‘d be going there later. Maybe I could hang out and ask her why she didn’t tell me first.” I pouted which made Camille give me a disgusted look.

 

“Yah! Of course she’d tell me first! You think she’d tell you first? Who are you anyway? Her boyfriend?!” Asked Camille teasingly. Damn this woman. Her teasing me like that makes me depressed beyond depression.

 

“You know what Jae oppa, I think Miel has come to the point where she has already forgotten Hyunjoong. And now that she had been discovered by some company and is on the rise to stardom,” Stardom? What the hell is this woman saying? I think she’s more interested in becoming a star more than Miel. Its like she had thought of becoming one herself. But I didn’t interfere, I just let her continue with what it is her saying, “other guys that are good looking and more interesting than you might come and sweep her off her feet. So you better decide on what you’re going to do, and fast!”

 

Although the way she put her thoughts into words sound funny to me, it made a crucial point, and that point made me worry. There might be other guys that would come to like her and I might be too late.

 

Because I was too worried about what Camille has said, “Yeah, I’ll think about it.” Was the only thing I could say to her.

 

“Well, that was a good talk huh?” Camille said, “I made you realize something big that would change your life forever in 10 minutes.” Psh. I thought to myself. “As much as I want to torture you more by stating different scenarios that might happen now that Miel’s going to be a celebrity, I have to go now. I have a date. BYE!”

 

She picked up her backpack, waved goodbye and left me there dumbfounded. I couldn’t imagine what other scenarios could happen now that Miel’s going to be someone famous. Before she was only Miel, my classmate. And the only people that I have to look out for were my classmates and the other students in the school. But now that she’s going to be in the public eye, everyone would be my competitor. Well, at least she’s going to be in the same company as me. I’d still have an advantage. I’d call her later to tell her I heard about the news and that we should meet up.