part II - testing your patience

to test your patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan turned around, painfully slowly, as if to tease the other male. He looked at Jongin with some kind of disinterest, neutrality, something the dark haired boy never saw before and he was slightly taken aback by the monotony in the usually so melodious voice, the angelic voice that contained all of the blonde’s emotions he could never hide. It was the same with the blush that Jongin had come to love so dearly.

“Excuse me, dear customer, but please refrain from comments like these. That’s ual harassment and next time I will have to force you out of this café.”

He frowned. It was not the reaction he had expected. In his mind, he had been imagining this scene over and over again and every time, no matter what he said, he had seen Luhan smiling, his cheeks covered with the tiny hint of rose that was his signature. Why he had those expectations, he didn’t know. He had never felt such strong emotional ties to anyone before. Maybe except for his ex, but he didn’t want to think about her. After his heart had been shattered into pieces, he became the dangerous player everyone feared but still fell for. He had been changing his lovers every week, sometimes even several times a week, so he couldn’t even call them lovers. More like one night stands, toys for pastime. None of those women could compare to Luhan and it was not the fact that Luhan was male, while all his other flings were female.

Luhan had been different right from the beginning. Surprisingly, he had felt attraction towards the doe eyed blonde angel, so he came back a second time to try seduce him. It was a new experience and Jongin didn’t mind trying to feel how it would feel like to date a guy, to devour a guy. He was honest enough to admit, the first thing he thought when seeing Luhan, was how to get him into bed. In his eyes, Luhan was exquisite, a rare to find beauty. And when his flirting didn’t quite have the right effect, he kept coming back. It was like a game, thrilling, exciting for someone so daring and challenging as he was.

He didn’t plan to fall in love, not after the disaster with his ex, but he could only watch helplessly how his feelings grew gradually over time, and Jongin didn’t realize how Luhan was claiming more and more parts of his heart. Every time he blushed, every time his lips quirked up to a timid smile, every time his eyes fluttered, he felt more and more drawn towards the perfectly naïve and innocent boy.

It was one day, he walked by and saw the blonde hugging and laughing with another person, that he realized. The stabs he felt were all too familiar. He knew he was jealous and the depth of the emotion scared him. He had sworn not to let anyone break through the barriers around his heart anymore by aiming for people beautiful on the outside. Luhan was both, not only perfect visuals, but perfect personality also. He was so scared that he decided to stop seeing Luhan. It was all for the best. For his best.

That was easier said than done though. He missed the subtle smile, the soft voice, the light shining on the blonde hair, making it glow. He missed those bright, clear eyes, framed by eyelashes, beautifully curved and so long they would touch his skin, whenever his eyes closed shut. He missed watching those long, delicate fingers efficiently working on an order, making coffee or a latte, serving cake or ice cream.

 

~~~

 

One day he missed the whole existence that was Lu Han so much, he just had to see him. Trying to be as bold and flirty as always, he had managed to gain the full attention of his crush. The whole room was empty with him being the only customer and even the colleague, the boy he recognized as Luhan’s maybe-boyfriend went out to work on something else. Luhan set down at his table, his smile as fresh as always. His eyes were wandering up and down the other’s body, checking him out. Habits never vanished, and Jongin always liked to stare at that small, delicate frame to see what had stayed the same. Oddly enough,  Luhan didn’t seem to change. In a world where people would progress, broaden their horizons and challenge themselves, the deer boy never did so. He stayed with his work and even his appearance didn’t change, except for his hair cut maybe. The lightly different hue of blonde after Luhan got his hair dyed didn’t go unnoticed by the attentive eyes of Jongin, as well as the name tag that seemed to be a new addition to the coffeeshop’s rules.

 “Luhan. Nice name.”

Luhan widened his eyes a bit. Those big doe eyes would be his death one day.

“I’m Jongin, by the way.”

It was just a slight nod, but that was enough for him. In that moment he only had the selfish wish for Luhan to forever remember his name. He waited for another reaction and it didn’t take too long until he saw the signature blush on the boy’s face.

“What were you thinking of, Luhan?”

“N-nothing.” Luhan stuttering was too adorable, and Jongin couldn’t help but . The redder his face, the more did Jongin enjoy it.

 “You’re not a good liar. Tell me, were you thinking about me?”

He knew he was nearing the limit and soon he would overstep the invisible boundary. But instead of being his shy self, Luhan had finally made his first move. Maybe he was tired of waiting and reacting to Jongin only, so that was why he wanted to provoke him, teas him back.

“I was, so?”

Jongin had been surprised, very surprised, but he was not someone who would let that show. He had experienced flirting with dozens of people before, so he didn’t only know the most hilarious and best working pick-up lines, but also how to handle people that flirted back.

“So you finally admit?”

 “Admit what?”

“Admit that you like me.”

 “I don’t.”

“You do.”

Luhan’s glare was cute and Jongin would have chuckled, if there wasn’t something inside of him slowly cracking. Nonetheless, he tried his best to ignore it and continued with his more or less charming attempts to flirt with the flustered boy.

“If you weren’t, then you must have another explanation as to why you seem so excited whenever I enter this café. You keep staring at me.”

He was waiting for a response, expecting denial again, but the boy just shrugged. And now that something inside of him broke and fell to pieces. His mind was still in player mode though, and he continued the game.

“You don’t deny it, so I’ll just take it as a yes.”                                     

There was no verbal response, but Luhan’s body language was enough. He could tell by looking at that soft face, that he had been right all along the way. Luhan had been falling for him, something he had wished for, but not really. He had loved the way that person was the only one who could resist him, who would always try to push him away, but now that he just became one of the other countless little flings Jongin had, he was just disappointed. Luhan had closed his eyes. Just a few centimeters separated their lips. There was his chance,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter