Chapter 29

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

As the new beginning came for them, everyone thought that it would be the end. No. Fate is not that cruel. Fate is nice and very fair. It allowed a fateful meeting that would bring another light in their life that could make up for the darkness that happened before.

“Minho-ah? Are you going out now?” Jinki asked as he is preparing to make breakfast.

Minho smiled as he put on some shoes. “Yeah. I need to go exercise. I can’t let all those greasy chickens take a toll on my body.” He joked.

Jinki pouted. “Yah! Are you implying that I’m fat?”

Minho smirked mischievously. “Maybe.”

Jinki pouted. “Yah! Just leave already you rude frog!” He said while glaring at the taller guy as he watches him walk off, though he couldn’t help his lips from tugging upwards.

Hearing his boyfriend yelling, Jonghyun made his way to the kitchen where Jinki was still making breakfast.

“Why are you yelling yeobo?” He asked, circling his arms on Jinki’s waist.

The oldest turned to his boyfriend and faked a pout. “It’s because Minho is being a rude brother.” He whined.

Jonghyun frowned confusedly. “Huh? How so?”

Jinki looked away. “He said I’m getting fat.”

Jonghyun burst out laughing. “Well, as much as I like to deny his words, he is right you know.” He said.

Pouting for real now, Jinki pinched Jonghyun’s cheeks and pulled on it for the fun of it. “So I am fat huh?” He said and faked a teary face just to spite him.

“Jonghyun chuckled at his boyfriend’s cuteness and hugged him. “Don’t worry yeobo, I don’t care if you’re getting fat I will still love you okay?” He said. “Besides, you’re still cute wherever you look at it.”

“Just cute?” Jinki asked seductively as he his lips suggestively.

Jonghyun smirked and pulled Jinki even closer to him. “Of course, y too but that is something I’m only is the one allowed to see.” He said.

They were about to kiss when someone cleared his throat. They turned around just to see Key along with a sleepy Taemin standing by the door frame of the kitchen, smirking.

“Nice Key, just nice.” Jonghyun said, glaring at his cousin.

“Your adorable boyfriend ruined our night; I’ll ruin your morning. Sounds fair right?” Key said. Jonghyun just glared harder.

 


 

Minho took a rest as he already ran a few meters away from their house. He decided to take it easy since it’s been a while since he jogged. He couldn’t even remember the last time he practiced soccer.

He decided to walk now instead of running just to ease his muscles when a cat circled his feet. He smiled, he’s been always fascinated by cats or animals in general.

He squats down to pet the cat. “Hey there kitty.” He cooed, as the cat purred, he noticed a tag on the cat’s neck. “Eunki? What a cute name. Are you lost?” He asked and chuckled to himself. “Of course you won’t answer me you’re a cat after all.” He said bringing the cat in his arms. The cat kept on purring. “Let’s go find your owner, okay?”

He barely left his position when a voice halted him.

“Yah! Let go of my Eunki!” A feminine voice yelled out and Minho felt someone push him from the back making him stumble and almost falling down on his face, luckily the cat in his arms managed to jump out of his hold and safely land back on the ground. As for him, he managed to brace his fall with his arms.

He hissed when his arm took up the damage. A large bruise could be seen on his arm and it’s a bit nasty He turned to look at the one who pushed him and frowned when a brunette glared at him while cradling the cat on her arms. “Why in the world did you push me?” He asked.

The girl intensified her glare. “You were trying to kidnap my cat aren’t you?” Then she gasped. “I can’t believe it, a catnapper in broad daylight? What in the world is happening in this world?”

Minho frowned. “What?” He exclaimed. “Catnapper? Is there even such a thing?” He asked.

“Whatever!” The girl bit back. “I don’t care if there is no such thing but you are trying to abduct my poor Eunki!” Then she turned to her cat and pets her. ‘Poor Eunki-ah, some old guy is trying to kidnap you and take out your organs. Or worst, turn you into a siopao*.” She cooed. “Of course I won’t let that happen. I will protect you with all I have my beloved Eunki.”

(*Siopao is a food. I don’t know what is it actually made of but there was an issue in our country a long long time ago about some people selling siopaos that has dead cats as their ingredients but I’m not sure if it was proven nevertheless, it’s actually the reason why I don’t eat Siopao even though Chinese food chains serve them. .)

 Minho looked at her in disbelief. “Are you seriously accusing me of such things? Heol!”

The girl turned her back on Minho instead of answering. “I better go now it is bad hanging out with dangerous people who doesn’t care about animals. Kajja Eunki. Let’s go somewhere safe.”

Minho just watched the girl leave along with her cat. This morning is a very weird morning for him.

 


 

Everyone almost jumped out of their skin when they heard the door slam shut and a pissed off Minho emerged through the living room. They all exchanged glances before Jinki gathered up his courage and asked Minho a question.

“Minho-ah, is something wrong?”

Minho just glared at him and everyone could actually see dark aura emitting from Minho. “Do I look like a catnapper to you?” He asked and Jinki stiffened.

When Minho walked back to his room, also slamming the door shut, everyone left in the room frowned in confusion.

“What did Minho just say?” Key asked.

“I think I heard him say catnapper or something.” Jonghyun said.

“Is that even a word?” Taemin asked.

Jinki blinked. “Did Minho just glare at me? Did he just talk rudely at me?” He asked.

Key rubbed Jinki’s back trying to comfort him. “Well, hyung, Minho is once again entering his rebellious stage and good for you you’re not involved this time.”

They all burst out laughing when the older pouted.

 


 

Inside his room, Minho is still fuming. All he wanted that morning is to jog peacefully but he didn’t expect to encounter a girl that would blame him on kidnapping her cat. He didn’t even know if there even a thing such a case as abducting someone else’s cat but that really is not the point. He was the one that got kicked and had a reunion with the floor just because he is trying to help a cat to return to its owner.

“Instead of being thankful that I saved her cat from being chased by a stray dog instead I got kicked and blamed for something I did not do. How ungrateful that girl is.” He hissed while changing out of his training shirt to take a shower so he could change to his uniform.

To say the least he did not enjoy his shower very much because of the thought of an ungrateful girl. The only thing that registered to his mind was the petite form of the girl and its bright brown eyes. Noticing that, Minho decided that he already had enough of showering and will just distract himself with preparing for school.

As he exited his room he noticed that everyone was waiting for him with a look that says that they are worried if Minho will snap at them. Sighing he tried to compose himself.

“Is there anything the matter?” He asked. Jinki chewed on his lips and hesitantly asked Minho if he is okay. The taller nodded. “Yeah, why?”

Key shrugged and started wearing his shoes. “Well, you actually snapped at Jinki-hyung earlier so we are kind of worried you’re in a bad mood because having you angry or fuming left a bad taste on us.” He said. It might sound rude but along with moving on from the things that happened in the past they made Minho’s old selfish actions as a joke. 8

Minho sighed again and he felt a headache coming from all the sighing he just did. “I’m sorry about that. Actually I did not notice you asking me anything, I just kind of snapped in instinct. Something just happened that ruined my morning.” Then he turned to Jinki. “I’m sorry hyung, I did not mean to snap at you.”

With those words that assured Jinki that no, Minho is not angry with him or them for the matter, he immediately beamed and led them all out of the house making sure that everything is locked.

While walking on the way to school Jinki decided to breach the subject they were on earlier. The reason of Minho’s foul mood.

“ So, care to tell me what actually happened?” Jinki asked.

Minho turned to his brother and noticed the genuine curiosity on those brown eyes. The same eyes of that ungrateful girl. He thought and immediately shook the thoughts ou of his head earning a confused look from Jinki. “Well, actually, when I was having my morning exercise by the park I met a girl.” He said.

Having said those, Minho gained the attention of the other people walking with them. Trying to catch the story the remaining three walked closer to the brothers to hear the whole story.

“Did you just say that you met a girl?” Jinki asked. Minho nodded, not seeing what the problem is. “A girl, Minho? You really mean you met a girl? Why, I thought you’re actually into guys! I mean you did fall for me right?” He asked with the obvious shock in his face.

Minho rolled his eyes. “Just because I was in love with you before hyung doesn’t mean I’m gay. I’m not attracted to any guy aside from you.” He cleared.

Taemin snorted on the sidelines. “Well, that brought back some fond memories. Thanks for that hyung.” He said.

They chuckled but then went back to the topic. So who is this girl?” Jinki asked, after calming himself.

Minho frowned. “I don’t know her. What actually happened is that while I was trying to help her cat , he kicked me and suspected me as a – what word was that again? Oh yeah, Catnapper.” He relayed.

They all looked at Minho as if he’d grown two heads.

“Minho, sorry but I don’t think such a word exist.” Jinki said.

“I think so too. It’s just I got really pissed off when she started suspecting me of abducting her cat when I was just trying to help it and she did not even apologize on kicking me. Not even a thank you for saving her cat.” He stewed.

Another round of laughter was the only reaction he got from his friends and brother. “Well, anyway. Let’s just forget it. I won’t see her anymore anyway. Let’s just go to school I don’t want to be late.” He said and walked faster than the rest of them.

Jinki stared at Minho’s retreating back and sighed in disappointment. Well, another chance of being a cupid got wasted. He wonders who that girl is. I hope they meet so that he could set her up with Minho. He bet it’ll be as fun as what he did with Key and Taemin.

Jonghyun noticed the look on his boyfriend’s face and sweat dropped. He really don’t know what’s going on inside Jinki’s brain and where did his fondness from being a cupid came from. Well, all the same, it’s one of the reason he love him in the first place. His adorable dubu.

 


 

A/n:

An update. I can’t really leave Minho with nothing right? And as much as I want to have a couple I really think I should at least have a straight couple out for girls nights with Jinki and Key. Hahahaha! Anyway, the girl would be an original character since it’s based to one of my friend’s personality. Since this story’s been written a long time ago, it was a request from her too but I guess she forgot it already.

Anyways, Thanks for staying tuned in this story (If ever you guys are) and I hope you will all hang around until the end because I might or might not write a lemon on the end. It actually depends on my brain cells if they decided not to self-destruct by that time. Hahahah!

This is all for today. Bye!

Lee Liexha