Chapter 21

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

“I don’t know what is happening here but are you guys aware that Jognhyun and Key were back?” Nichkhun asked as he and Minho and Taecyon is in their classroom.

Minho frowned at Nichkhun upon hearing that. “What?”

“I heard from the student in the admission office that Jonghyun and Key just enrolled.” Nichkhun informed.

“Why are they back?” Minho asked, startling the older two.

Taecyon looked confused. “Why shouldn’t they be back?” He asked.

Minho glared at Taecyon causing the other to flinch. “Because, everything is okay now.” He said through gritted teeth. “Because Jinki is finally getting used of the situation now.”

Nichkhun frown. “What? What does your brother have to do with this?” He asked.

Minho looked away. “I don’t need to tell you anything. You just stay out of my business. Jonghyun and Jinki are not supposed to see each other. They should not even bump into each other.” He said. “I’m going to look for Jinki.” And he left.

“Eh? He just left? But class is about to start.” Taecyon said turning to Nichkhun. “What is wrong with him Khun?”

Nichkhun sighed. “I have no idea Taec, all I know is that he is hiding something and it is not good.” He said. Taecyon just looked at him.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

When one would come inside the S University greenhouse, he would find a brunette smiling softly while being surrounded by multitudes of flowers. If anyone would see him now, they would be captivated by the serene smile of the boy.

“Hyung, can’t you still remember your past?” Taemin asked.

Jinki looked away from the forget-me-nots and turned to Taemin. It’s been a week since Taemin and Jinki became friends again. No matter how reluctant Mnho is to have Taemin so close to Jinki, he won’t be able to control the decisions of the older.

He shook his head. “I still can’t Taemin-ah. Sorry…” He said.

Taemin smiled. “Don’t worry hyung. It’s not really your fault that you have amnesia.” Then he tilted his head to the side and asked. “Is it hard? Having amnesia, I mean.”

Jinki smiled sadly. “Yeah. It’s like being someone all over again. It feels like you’re being reborn again and starting from scratch.” He said. “It feels like I’m getting to know myself.” He explained. He stared at Taemin. “Could you tell me, how I was before? Like what kind of a person I am.”

Taemin smiled and cupped his cheeks propping it on his elbows. “I’m not that close to you before but when we did, I got to know you as a nice person. The type of person that will never hurt other people and would hide his pain just to protect his most important person.” Taemin said. “You’re also a nice brother.”

Jinki was confused. “Brother?”

Taemin blinked and smiled shakily. He’s panicking internally. “A brother... A brother to me.” He explained.

Jinki stared at Taemin before nodding. “Ah… I see.” He said.

Taemin heaved a sigh of relief. He was almost caught. ‘Pabo! Aish!’ He reprimands himself.

Jinki hesitated before finally asking the question on his mind. “How about a relationship? Did I have one aside from Minho?”

Taemin was taken aback from that question. “Uh… not that I know of. Why? Are you… doubting him?” He asked.

“To be honest, I’m not sure anymore.” Jinki admitted. “You see, having this memory loss made me trust people less. I don’t know. I just don’t know who to trust anymore.”

Taemin bit his lower lip. “Have you ever thought of the possibility that maybe Minho-hyung is not the one you love?” He asked.

Jinki frowned confusedly at him. “Eh? If he is not the one I love then who?”

“Someone… Someone who was forcibly-“Taemin stopped his words when his phone rang. “Hello? Oh! Yeah! Sorry I forgot.” After ending the call, he turned to Jinki. “Ne, hyung. I’m sorry but I have to go. Our teacher assigned us a group work and they wanted us to do it now. I’m sorry.”

Jinki smiled. “It’s alright. You can go ahead. It’s a free period so I think I’ll stay here some more.”

When Taemin left, Jinki’s smiling face turned into a blank one. “Lies…”

 

-------------------------------

 

Jonghyun smiled seeing his beloved being surrounded with beautiful flowers. The soft smile on the older’s face made him look ethereal. His baby features was sharpen by the soft petals of the flowers.

“Hey.” He called out. His smile widens Jinki turned to him with a smile.

“It’s you.” Jinki said.

“Yeah. It’s me again.” Jonghyun replied, situating himself beside Jinki.

“What are you doing here?” Jinki asked.

“I’m studying here since sophomore years.” Jonghyun said. “I guess we would be able to bump into each other more often.”

Jinki chuckled. “I guess so.” He said.

Jonghyun looked at Jinki. “You still can’t remember me?” He asked.

Jinki smiled sadly “I can’t remember a single thing.”

Jonghyun sighed. “How sad.” He said. “We used to have a lot of good memories in this school. We used to be so close.”

Jinki looked at him. “Really?”

“Yeah. Even before Minho came.” Jonghyun said, his eyes turning solemn.

Jinki tried to peek on Jonghyun’s face. “Why? Who are you in my life? How close are we?” He asked.

Jonghyun looked at him and was about to answer when he was suddenly yanked away.

“Minho!” Jinki exclaimed. He was startled when the person he is talking with was suddenly yanked away.

“Why are you with him?!” Minho spat. He was glaring daggers at Jonghyun’s direction.

Jinki frowned. “Why? What’s wrong with? We were just talking.” He explained.

“Talking? You shouldn’t be talking to him!” And with that said, he pulled Jinki by the arm and dragged him out of the greenhouse.

“Ouch!” Jinki yelped, as he felt the harshness of Minho’s hold.

“Hey Minho! You’re hurting him!” Jonghyun snapped glaring at the bruising hold of Minho.

“Shut up!” Minho yelled. He turned to Jinki. “He is the reason why you can’t remember anything Jinki! Then why are you talking to him?!”

Jonghyun laughed sarcastically, Jinki and Minho turned to him. “Me? Stop putting blames on the others! The both of us know what a lie that is. And we both know you’ve been feeding Jinki with more lies!” He snapped.

“I am not lying! Everything is your fault!” Minho argued.

“The only mistake I did is for not fighting for what we have. While you…” Jonghyun sneered at Minho’s direction. “You just acted as your selfish self. You did that to Jinki! I’m not at fault here, you are!”

Jinki couldn’t help it anymore and decided to in. “Will you guys stop?! Why do you hate each other so much?!” He asked.

“He is Kim Jonghyun. The one who is the reason of the accident before.” Minho said.

“Jonghyun…” Jinki mumbled

Minho smirked. “Even if you change your hairstyle, you will always be the midget I despise!”

“It’s been so many years and yet you never changed. You’re still a selfish liar.” Jonghyun mirrored the smirk on Minho’s face. “Well, guess what Minho. The feeling is mutual. I despise you for hurting Jinki. For manipulating him. For taking away his self.” He looked like he wanted to punch Minho. “Can’t you see how he is hurting? You clipped his wings.”

Minho glared at Jonghyun. “I don’t care about what you are saying Jonghyun. Stay away from Jinki.” He said and dragged Jinki away.

“Ouch! Minho, stop pulling me!” Jinki moaned in pain.

Jonghyun frowned. “Deny the truth Minho! But you will never make me stay away from Jinki!” Jonghyun yelled.

 

--------------

 

“Minho! Let me go!” Jinki pulled his arm harshly from Minho’s hold. “I said it hurts!”

“Why are you with him?!” Minho asked harshly.

Jinki snorted. “No apologies? You dragged me here and bruised my arm and yet, you’re still in that issue? Just what is wrong with you?” He asked.

“What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you?” Minho argued. “He was the bad guy!”

“He seems nice Minho. I know how to judge someone. I don’t need you to tell me who to talk to.” Jinki retaliated.

“He is just going to hurt you Jinki!” Minho pushed.

“I can protect myself Minho. I’m not a child. I don’t need you to pose as my knight in shining armor! You’re my boyfriend but not my owner.” Jinki said.

“But-“

“Are you hiding something from me Minho” Jinki asked. “Something like the truth?”

Minho scowled. “Now what? You believe him now?”

“I don’t know Minho. Should I believe him instead of you?” Jinki asked back. “You sound suspicious to me.”

“I just want to keep what is mine.” Minho said.

“Yours? Do you even have something or someone to call as yours?” Jinki asked before leaving Minho.

Minho clenched his fist in frustration.

 

--------------------------

 

After walking out on Minho, Jinki somehow ended up on the rooftop.

“Is Jonghyun the only one willing to tell the truth?” Jinki asked no one in particular. His tears were falling down his face. “Why do they keep on feeding me lies? I want to know the truth. I want them to tell me the truth. Just admit something to me. Everything will be alright.”  He sobbed.

“What do you mean?”

Jinki was startled to hear that voice. He was not aware of someone coming in.

“Taemin…”

 

-------------------