Chapter 24

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

“I want Jinki…”

Jonghyun and Jinki’s eyes widen upon hearing that familiar deep voice of Choi Minho.

They were looking at Key and Taemin’s direction that they failed to notice him.

Jonghyun frowned at Minho and pulled Jinki behind him protectively. “What are you doing here Minho?” He asked.

Minho narrowed his eyes at Jonghyun’s actions. “I’m taking my boyfriend.” He answered gesturing towards Jinki. He looked at the older with a soft smile that Jinki seeked comfort to Jonghyun. “Jinki… come back to me.”

Jinki swallowed. “I’m not ging back to you Minho. I’m never even yours in the first place.” He said, pushing himself close to Jonghyun.

Silence enveloped everyone in the room. Taemin and Key clung to each other while the couple stared at Minho. After a moment of silence, Minho started laughing hysterically. He turned to Jinki with tears in his eyes. He sniffed.

“Somehow… hearing you say that really hurts.” He said. He held his chest and clenched it. “I love you Jinki.” He started. “You’re the only person I ever love.” Taemin looked away, hurt visible in his eyes. Key noticed it and something inside him throbbed in pain. “But…” Everybody in the room noticed the determination glinting in Minho’s wet eyes. “But I won’t be Choi Minho if I give up now. If I can’t have you then Jonghyun or anyone for that matter can’t either.” A smirk crept up his face and took out something that caused a chorus of gasp from everyone in the room.

--------------------------------------

 

A gun was pointed at Jonghyun, the very same gun that Jinki and Taemin saw in Minho’s closet. The two of them exchanged glances“I want Jinki…”

Jonghyun and Jinki’s eyes widen upon hearing that familiar deep voice of Choi Minho. They were looking at Key and Taemin’s direction that they failed to notice him.

Jonghyun frowned at Minho and pulled Jinki behind him protectively. “What are you doing here Minho?” He asked.

Minho narrowed his eyes at Jonghyun’s actions. “I’m taking my boyfriend.” He answered gesturing towards Jinki. He looked at the older with a soft smile that Jinki seeked comfort to Jonghyun. “Jinki… come back to me.”

Jinki swallowed. “I’m not ging back to you Minho. I’m never even yours in the first place.” He said, pushing himself close to Jonghyun.

Silence enveloped everyone in the room. Taemin and Key clung to each other while the couple stared at Minho. After a moment of silence, Minho started laughing hysterically. He turned to Jinki with tears in his eyes.

He sniffed. “Somehow… hearing you say that really hurts.” He said. He held his chest and clenched it. “I love you Jinki.” He started. “You’re the only person I ever love.” Taemin looked away, hurt visible in his eyes. Key noticed it and something inside him throbbed in pain. “But…” Everybody in the room noticed the determination glinting in Minho’s wet eyes. “But I won’t be Choi Minho if I give up now. If I can’t have you then Jonghyun or anyone for that matter can’t either.” A smirk crept up his face and took out something that caused a chorus of gasp from everyone in the room.

--------------------------------------

A gun was pointed at Jonghyun, the very same gun that Jinki and Taemin saw in Minho’s closet. The two of them exchanged glances.

“Where… where did you get that Minho?” Jonghyun asked as cold sweat ran down his back at the vision of the gun.

“I bought this.” Minho answered as if it’s natural to possess such weapon.

“But you’re still a student!” Key exclaimed. “How could they allow you to buy such thing?! It’s not even legal!”

Taemin and Key flinched when they noticed the smile that crept up Minho’s face. Jonghyun though held Jinki closely to him as to not get him hurt or to be taken away by Minho.

“There is nothing money can’t do!” He cheered. Then he caressed the muzzle of the gun. “Now, do you like my best friend? It’s willing to help me get my Jinki back.” 

Jinki held on Jonghyun tightly, wrinkling the sleeves of the younger’s top. “You’re crazy Minho! Drop that gun!” He demanded.

Minho glared at Jinki. “You’re in no place to demand me that Jinki. Remember… this is a gun and it can kill anyone.” Minho said with a sickening smile. “How about we try it out?” He pointed the gun towards Key and Taemin. “So, who is it? The diva? Or my puppy?” He smirked darkly. “Oh, never mind.” 

And a gunshot was heard. Everybody screamed. After a few minutes with everybody’s eyes wide open, Jonghyun and Jinki immediately rushed to Key and Taemin’s side. 

“Are you guys alright?” Jonghyun asked as he inspects the two. Key and Taemin nodded. 

Jinki harshly glared at Minho. “Don’t do this Minho.” He said. “Do you really want to kill someone?” 

Minho shook his head. He won’t admit it but he was also shocked at the suddenness of the shot. He is after all a kid behind the entire dark exterior, still a coward that easily gets scared over a gun shot.

“No. Jinki.” He answered making sure that his voice is not shaking. “I don’t really want to kill anyone aside from Jonghyun but maybe I’ll spare him if you would just come back to me.” He said.

Jinki frowned. “Minho, how many times do I have to tell you that I won’t go back to you because I’ve never been yours? I must’ve thought I love you but that’s because I can’t remember anything. I never love you and I never will. Let’s stop this okay? I don’t want to hurt you anymore.” He said eyes trning solemn

Minho stared at Jinki for a while. Then a smirk formed slowly on his face. “Mianhae. I guess I don’t have a choice now.”  He held up his hand that held the gun and pointed it on Jonghyun’s direction. “Say goodbye to your beloved Jonghyun.” He took an aim and fired the gun.

Time stopped for a moment as they all watched the bullet. And in an instant, a loud thud echoed in the room. Their heartbeats deafening them and paralyzing their whole body. No exception. When they could finally move a loud coughing woke them and all turned towards the sprawled body on the floor.

“Taemin!”  The three of them shouted. 

They rushed on Taemin’s side. The youngest coughed out blood and winced. Everyone in the room cried aside from the stunned Minho. 

“H-hyung…” Taemin panted. “J-Jinki-hyung…”

Jinki cried. His hand restless, unsure of where he should hold Taemin as to not hurt him. “Yes Taemin-ah?” He asked.

Taemin smiled shakily. “Mianhae…” He apologized. “I didn’t know that it… would all go down to this…” He breathed.

Jinki shook his head. “Why are you apologizing Taemin-ah. You did nothing wrong.” He said.

Taemin shook his head before wincing in pain. “I’m not apologizing for myself…” He said coughing out another blood. “I’m… apologizing for… Minho-hyung…” He coughed again. “He is not in his usual self… Please understand him. Promise me… you’ll never hate him…” 

Jinki cried harder. “What are you talking about Taemin-ah. Why are you talking like that? You know, you should stop and rest. You will need your energy to keep yourself upright. We’ll call an ambulance so please, stay with us.” 

Taemin smiled. “Just… promise me… hyung…” 

Jinki nodded. “I promise. I promise Taemin-ah so please, promise us that you’ll stay with us.”

Taemin coughed again and winced. “I can’t promise that hyung… I feel so tired…”  He said, breathing heavily.

“No…” Jinki said and turned to Jonghyun. “Have you called an ambulance?!” He asked.

Jonghyun nodded. “Key’s already doing it.” He answered, panting.

Minho stared at Taemin with wide eyes. He didn’t really plan on killing anyone. Despite his words, he only wanted to scare them. He’s not really planning on killing Taemin even Jonghyun, he just want to bruise him badly. “Taemin…” He breathed.

Jonghyun turned to Minho and glared. “Are you happy now?!” He asked. “I thought I’m the one you wanted to kill? I’m the one you wanted to be out of your life? Then why do you have to drag Taemin into this? He did nothing wrong to you other than love you!” He spat. “Taemin is so wrong to love you… You’re a monster!” 

“Jonghyun stop it!” Jinki yelled.

“No!” Key interjected. “Jonghyun’s right! That idiot is a monster! How could he just take out someone else’s life for his selfish desires?!” 

Jinki was about to say something when the ambulance arrived. “The ambulance’s here. Key, go with Taemin. Make sure he is okay.” Then he turned to Jonghyun and Minho. “The three of us have something to finish.” He said.

When the ambulance was gone along with Key and the injured Taemin, Jinki noticed a few officers approach them. 

“I’m sorry but we’re taking him. Are you going to press charges on him?” The officer asked pertaining to the still stunned Minho. 

Jonghyun was about to say yes but Jinki held him. “No.” He said.

“What?!” Jonghyun asked surprised. “Jinki, he shot Taemin! He’s on the verge of dying because of him!” 

Jinki turned to him. “I know but I promised Taemin that I’ll understand him. Do you think if he’s here, he’ll want to press charges? No.” He said turning back to the officer. “I would like to talk to him though.” 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A deafening silence echoed inside the room. The three of them refused to talk but Jinki knew they have to mend things. 

“Are you aware just how big the consequences of your actions were?” Jinki asked. The taller refused to talk. “Are you aware that Taemin is out there battling for his life?” He asked again.

“Yeah… I guess I’ll be expecting a trial soon?” Minh joked drily. 

“As much as it’s legally right but we’re not going to press charges.” Jinki said. 

That caught Minho’s attention. “Why?” He asked confusedly.

“Because, I promised Taemin.” The older answered.  “But, that is not all.” Jinki stared at Minho with sad eyes. “I know I should’ve told you about it before but there is a reason that Umma and Appa left the country.” He started. “The night before they leave, Umma talked to me.” 

Flashback:

Jinki’s busy doing his homework when a knock snapped him out of his thoughts. “Yes?” He asked.

“Jinki-ah it’s Umma.” His mother said.

Jinki blinked and sat up. “It’s open Umma, come in.” He said.

He was welcomed by the sad face of his mother. “Are you busy?” She asked.

Jinki smiled and shook his head. “Nothing that can’t wait. What is it?” He asked.

She took a seat on his bed and looked up at Jinki. He knew those look. It’s the look that she wore when they learned that his father was dying and it sparked a heavy feeling inside him. “Umma? What is wrong?” He asked, kneeling in front of him.

And with that, she started crying. “Jinki-ah, I have something to tell you.” She started. “You’re Appa… you’re Appa is sick.” She sobbed.

Jinki frowned. “What? That can’t be. He looks so happy and healthy. How can that be?”

“We went to the doctor weeks ago and the doctor told us that you’re father needs to have a heart surgery. His heart is weak and he would die if he won’t have a surgery. I can’t have him die. I love him.” His mother kept on sobbing.

Jinki blinked and swallowed. “Is that the reason why you’re leaving? You just said you would tour but you’re actually going for the surgery?” He asked. “Is he going to be alright after this surgery?” 

His mother shook his head. “We don’t know. There’s 50% that it will not work.” 

Jinki held her hand. “But there is also 50% hat it will. Just believe Umma. We’re here.” He said.

“Oh, Jinki-ah.” Her mother called out wiping her eyes. “Please don’t tell Minho-ah. You’re Appa is worried that he would react badly. You know how Minho is. He can’t handle his emotions well.” She said before leaving the room.

End of flashback

Minho’s eyes widen hearing that. 

“My guess is that Umma’s been aware of the things going on between us that’s why she asked me not to tell you anything.” Jinki said. “Appa is sick Minho-ah and Umma called me that day to tell me that Appa is finally going to have the surgery after the tests. I haven’t had any news after the incident but I’m sure things will get better.” 

Minho heaved a deep sigh. “Then why are you telling me that now.” He asked. “Why now when you kept it these long all along?”

Jinki held Minho’s hand. “Because, you deserve to know it Minho-ah.” He said. “So please Minho-ah. Let’s stop all of these.”

Then Minho started crying. “I’m sorry…” He sobbed. “I’m really sorry… hyung.” He apologized staring directly on Jinki’s face. 

A smile blossomed on the older’s face and so does Jonghyun’s too. Jinki approached Minho and pulled him in a hug. “It’s alright Minho. Just please, don’t do this anymore.”

Minho smiled. “I know it won’t be easy but at least for now, all I could say is I’m…” He sighed. “I’m letting you go.”

A wider smile blossomed on Jinki’s face as he pulled Minho in an even tighter hug. The younger pulled away and cupped the older’s cheeks. “I’ve never seen you smile this beautiful ever since the accident.”

Jinki smiled softly. The taller turned to Jonghyun. “Hey midget!” He called.

Jonghyun frowned. “Shouldn’t you be calling me hyung now?” He pouted.

Minho raised a brow in amusement. “That is weird, Jonghyun. Anyway, take care of Jinki-hyung for me or else I might go back to what I am before.” He joked.

Jonghyun smiled. “You don’t need to tell me that. “ He said. “I live to love and take care of Jinki.” The couple stared at each other with so much love.

Minho cleared his throat and smirked at them. “Are you guys trying to make me jealous?” 

They all laughed in happiness.

 

----------------------------------------------------

A/n: It’s anti-climactic I know but I can’t help it. This is the road to a better relationship of everyone. I wonder what is next. Thanks for the wait for this boring chapter anyway.