Changsub

More Than a Dream/꿈보다

Hyunsik was back home, eating dinner with his family whilst staring at the clock. It was just past 7:30 PM, but luckily Changsub's house according to the piece of paper was within walking distance so it was not a big problem for him. Sungjae's house was nearby too, so he could reconnect with his friends.

Soon after Hyunsik's rice bowl and soup bowl were empty, he excused himself from the table. He had no idea where Changsub was taking him, but he was certain that he may take him to a faraway place, which his parents did not allow him to since they told him that he should use this summer holiday to study. Eventually he made up his mind to tell a white lie.

"Mom, Dad, I'm going to the arcade with friends," said Hyunsik.

"Okay," said his mother, "Just don't come home too late,"

Hyunsik often went to the arcade in his spare times so his parents were not the slightest concerned since it was nearby, even though they were overprotective of him.

 

He slipped on a camoflauge T-shirt and jeans with a studded belt before heading out to Changsub's house.

He walked to the address on the paper until he eventually reached a hanok-style house. This must be Changsub's place, he thought. He knocked on the door.

The door opened to reveal a stout man with glasses.

Hyunsik bowed to him.

"Oh, you must be Changsub's friend, right?" he asked.

"Yes, sir, Lim Hyunsik."

"Changsub is in his room right now but he'll be ready in a moment," the man replied.

 

Meanwhile, Changsub was in his room studying.

"Lee Changsub!"

"What?!" Changsub snapped.

"A visitor is here!"

Snap, Changsub thought, remembering the promise.

"A visitor, Lim Hyunsik is here!"

"He's no visitor!" snapped Changsub, "How dare you call him that in my presence!"

He slammed the door before changing into a black layered shirt with black jeans with cutoffs, applied spiked jewelry as well as black eyeliner.

He stormed out his room, the man looking at him in amazement.

"Dear Lord, please tell you're not going out like that,"

"Shut up!" Changsub snapped, "You just don't understand me! You just ruin everything between mom and I!"

"Oh, so your little dreams to become a singer when it will guarantee you no life at all as well as your  mother taught you to be so rebellious and rude?"

"Shut up and how dare you bring up my mom! How dare you call her a ! And how dare you insult my talent for singing! Because of you you are ruining our lives! I never hated someone so much as you in my entire life! Sometimes I wish you'd just disappear and go away like my dad was!"

"Remember what I told you before, I'm the only one in this world now whom you call dad...."

"I'm not interested in that! You're not even my dad! You're just a stepdad and that makes no ing difference!"

Changsub stormed out and grabbed Hyunsik by the arm as he started to run away from his house.

"Let's go!" shouted Changsub.

"Wait, where are we going?" asked Hyunsik.

Changsub did not answer.

Hyunsik who witnessed all of this was at first astonished by Changsub's choice of attire, but hearing the fight between him and his stepfather, he finally got to realise why Changsub was so mean.

 

They walked and they walked until they eventually reached a dance club.

"A dance club?" asked Hyunsik.

"I come here all the time," said Changsub.

"But we're minors!"

"That simply isn't true," said Changsub, "High school students are allowed too. Only those 15 and above can come to the club."

"But won't you get in trouble? Aren't your parents suspicious that you've been drinking?"

"I don't care," said Changsub, "No one cares anyway, I just tell them I'm 19 so that's no problem. Besides no one even asks you, some high school students come here to celebrate and shake off stress, just like me."

They sat down at a table and Changsub called the bartender.

"Two strawberry daiquiris please!"

"Coming up!"

The bartender eventually came back with two glasses of the red liquid.

Changsub sipped it all in one go, and he loved it.

"Go on," said Changsub, "It's safe."

Hyunsik sipped it. It was a little sour and bitter for him, but after a couple more sips his taste buds eventually adapted to the taste.

"It's awfully good Changsub," said Hyunsik, "I didn't know strawberry daiquiri was so good!"

"I drank a lot," said Changsub, smiling.

"Really?" asked Hyunsik in astonishment, "You mean you drank a lot before?"

"Of course," said Changsub, "It's fun to do it. I drank beer, wine, daiquri, cocktails, brandy, rum, soju and makgolli."

Hyunsik sat there wide-eyed.

"How were you able to handle all of them?"

"Oh, it's easy," said Changsub, "I have a strong stomach and tongue so I am able to adapt to different tastes quickly. They're very sweet and I LOVE it."

"Are you serious?"

"Of course. You want some more, don't you?"

Hyunsik stared back at him with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Ok, ok, I admit." said Hyunsik, "I want some more,"

"One more glass for each of us please!" called Changsub.

The two clinked their glasses.

"Geonbae!" they chanted in unison.

They sipped their glasses.

They drank a third.

Then a fourth.

Then a fifth.

Hyunsik and Changsub were left feeling tipsy with insane smiles on their faces.

"That was awesome," Hyunsik roared in a sleazy voice.

"I feel the pleasure," moaned Changsub, rolling his head around, "Come on,"

Changsub grabbed Hyunsik by the hand, "Let's go dance."

 

The music blared, as the DJ, Junhyung beckoned them to go to the centre where the disco ball swirled in the ceiling, and lights of different colours swished around the centre.

Crowds of people gathered in the centre, dancing as music blared from the speakers.

Hyunsik and Changsub swayed their bodies to the music as the music vibrated the whole hall.

 

They continued to dance to the music until it was time for several of the clubbers to volunteer dancing on the stage, surrounded by the clubbers.

"Hey," said Changsub, "Wanna do a striptease?"

"Sure," mumbled Hyunsik with a sleazy voice. He would probably be saying no but since he was full of ecstasy thanks to the alcohol, he felt like he was walking on air.

The two watched as several male clubbers hopped on the stage and tore off their tops.

 

Changsub then volunteered to hop on the stage as he swayed his body, ing his pelvis towards the audience as he swung off his shirt, and waved it, flashing his abs and tattoed, pierced body as he threw the shirt in Hyunsik's direction, and continued to dance on stage before pushing Hyunsik onto the stage.

The crowd cheered on as a drunk Hyunsik danced vigorously in front of the whole audience until he chose to remove his shirt, displaying his Adonis abs and pectorals as the sweat vaporized off his wet back.

He continued as he danced off until he was beat and the crowd cheered on for him.