둘. Lunch

You are not the One

 

 

Yoo Jin

 

 

Kris enter the canteen, still held my hand. I felt my cheek blushed slightly from the touch, silently thank God that he confronted straight along the way. If he didn’t, he definitely already see this red tomato face.

Geez. Why should he squeeze my hand so tightly?

 

“So, you want something?” He asked when we reached the cashier.

Finally. i said to myself.

He rubbed his neck awkwardly. “Juice? Sandwich? or something else? I’ll treat you.”

I looked at the display menu in front of us. “Mm.. I’ll take a parfait.”

He nodded and ordered at cashier, then he handed me the parfait.

 

 

“Thanks.” I smiled thankfully to him.

“It’s nothing.” he smiled back and held his drink as well.

He led me to empty table with a good scenery to the garden. We sat across and slurped our drink, didn’t bother to talk.

I stared at the garden while estimated what is Kris’s purpose on treated me.

 

 

Why is he suddenly talked to me? Treat me? Eat with me? Hmm.. maybe he will ask me to teach him. Oh i see.. that thought appeared in my head, remembered how many times other pupils asked me to help them out.

 

I stared at my drink, still adaptated with the silence atmosphere. Man, this awkward moment is kilingl me.

 

“Yoo Jin, do you know the reason i ask you to eat together?” Kris suddenly stopped drink his smoothie and looked intensely to my eyes.

 

 

I tought a bit, tought of a reaction and ended up stuttering. “I-i don’t know.” My brain started to remember something. ! He’s friend with president of student council! “I didn’t do anything wrong, right?” i inquired with worried face.

 

 

He bursted into laughter at my frightened expression.

“You? Do something wrong? No! Haha.. you’re cute. I just want to get along with you, since we’re in the same grade. You’re so interesting!”

 

What did he just say? Cute?

 

 

I looked down with flushed cheeks. “Oh..” that was all i could say. “I think i already know you pretty well.”

He chuckled and grinned. “Whoa. Really? Am i that popular?” YES, dude. for god’s sake.

 

 

“Um.. yes, honestly.”

He smiled widely. “Hey. Do you want to go to the cinema with me?”

I raised my face. He asked me to go together? Really?  “Are you sure?”  i asked doubtfully.

“Why must i doubt?” he grinned playfully. “Or you don’t like it?” his face darken.

 

 

My eyes widened. “No, no, i mean. It’s rare when a guy ask me to go together. Moreover, you’re popular and i’m just a nerd. I think we’re in different world.” I facepalmed and slapped my face mentally when realized that i just leaked out my mind.

 

 

He smiled. Not playfully. This time, he smiled sweetly, full of tenderness. He propped up my face with his hand under my cheek.“I think  there’s no difference. We’re same.”

 

 

I surprised. When a popular hottie say that popularity doesn’t matter was just too rare.

Suddenly his smile turned to another grin. “Well, that won’t be valid if you aren’t a human. So tell me, are you a human?”

My eyes widened. “Yah! Of course i am. What do you think i am?” I chuckled a little heard his jest.

 

 

“I don't know. Maybe an angel?” he wriggled his eyebrows playfully.

My blood rushed up to my cheeks. I grinned but still have slight blush.

“Since you won’t bite, i think i’ll go.” 

“Neh, . I won’t bite, i promise.” he nodded sarcastically.

I smiled a little and observed him.

 

Well, i think Kris’s different with others.

He is low-profile and not arrogant. Unlike those jerks.

 

Then someone shouted. “Kris!”

I eyed a bunch of people who stared intensely at us. Another popular guys. i concluded.

He looked around and waved at them. “Ay-yo, guys!”

They just had a look at Kris, like they were doing telepathy with him to go with them and leave me.

 

“Just go with them.” i finally spoke.

“As your wish, princess.”

I giggled. “Oh, stop it, you..”

And then he stood up and gave me his last enchanting smile.

 

“Then it’s a date. See you at Sapphire Cinema. Saturday. 10 am.”

 

 

 

 

 


 

yoonji-

omg. how was it? is it too rush? gimme advice about it okay?

Next chapter, Eun Ra will appear :D

STAY TUNE and don't forget to SURSCRIBE and COMMENT.