English's Version

We are friends!

"Bummie, wait for me!!" Minnie caught his best friend’s big steps, Kim Kibum.

"Ouh, Minnie! Ppalli, we gonna be late." Bummie pushed a bit his best friend who wearing a very thick eye glasses, Lee Sungmin the nerdy.

"It’s tiring, we’ll be there tho. Slow down." Minnie said.

"Yes, yes. Then, move faster." Bummie walked in front of Minnie.

"You first, my legs tired." Bummie nodded.

"But you should be close to me always." Minnie smiled.

 

Minnie POV

"But you should be close to me always." I smiled.

Yes, he is a very good companion to me. He is the prince of our school. Famous men with kindness, from a rich family, even a prince (dubbed by gals) who has a killer smile. He was the one of the school’s ‘prince’ (called by the girls).

Unlike me, a guy that nerdy, poor, wear a thick eye glasses and a coward. Many of the students wondered when they knew I am a best friend to Bummie since our young age. My physical preference is too much difference than Bummie and that’s made everyone wondered how we can be friends.

"Hey, Minnie. Why do you stop there? Come on..." Bummie turned to look at me. I smiled.

 

Bummie POV

"Hey, Minnie. Why do you stop there? Come on..." I looked at the Minnie, my best friend. He smiled.

"Yes, I'm coming." Minnie approached.

Sungmin, my close friend who was so cute but it covered by his nerdy looks. I also knew he was often bullied but he did not tell me.

He always had been bullied by the big school bully, Hae who was a narcissist and always show off. But Hae is one of the wanted prince in school. I also can’t get it why he got that title. One thing I realized, Minnie is my best friend forever and need protection from me.

"Bummie, now why you are stopping?" Minnie touched my shoulder.

"Sorry, let’s go.”

*******

Minnie POV

When the class ended....

"Come here, you!" Hae called me loudly after Bummie went to the toilet. That guy afraid of Bummie who always protected me from been bullied by him.

"Why Hae?" I asked with fear.

"You make me sick, I want to teach you!!" Hae pulled Minnie.

"Hae, what’s wrong?" I'm scared. Hyukkie, his comrade came closer to me. I tried to avoid him.

"Come here, do not run!" Hyukkie pulled my eye glasses off. I couldn’t see anything.

"Give me back..." I just straightened my hand forward in blurry vision.

"Haha, there’s no that bastard to help you here!" Hae and his friends laughed. I feel scared. Suddenly a loud sound heard.

"No, I’m here now. How dare you guys bully him again? What a jerk!" Bummie’s voice heard. I feel relieved.

(End of POV)

 

Hyukkie shocked and the glasses fell on the ground. Bummie grabbed Hae’s collar.

"You guys really a jerk! Maybr you want some blow to remember you, never bully Minnie ever again?" Bummie wanted to punch Hae.

"Hey, don’t be like this. I ‘m just play, duh." Minnie would like to reach Bummie.

"Bummie ... don’t beat him. I’m okay." Without alert, Minnie bumped to Bummie. Minnie fell on Bummie.

"Ouch..." Bummie said in pain.

"Are you okay, Bum?" Bummie looked at Minnie’s face which too near to him.

'So cute...' Bummie said in his heart.

"Bum, gwenchana?" Bummie shocked.

"Ah, I’m okay." Bummie hurriedly got up. PRAKK!!

"What is it?" Minnie asked.

"Min, I accidentally broke your glasses....miann...."

Minnie smiled. "I can wear another one. But Bum, you’re okay right?"

Minnie tried to find Bummie. Bummie caught his hand.

"I’m here." Minnie smiled.

"I can’t see..." Bummie looked at Minnie for minutes.

'Yes, he is very cute without glasses...cutely shining face....' Bummie helped Minnie to get up.

"I will buy you another glasses. Well, Hae! Do not dare you try to bully Minnie again, ara? This is the last warning!" Bummie took Minnie out of the class.

********

Bummie POV

Today is holiday. I asked Minnie to go the mall to make new eye-glasses for him. I felt sorry for him whence using the old glasses. That eye-glasses didn’t fit his eyes anymore. So I had to let him get new glasses. Or should I buy him contact lens?

Well, he looked cute without glasses. The girls definitely interested in him to see that cute side of him.

"Bummie, what the hell are you waiting for?" Minnie called me.

"Ah, sorry. We have arrived already? 'I looked at the outside of the bus window.

"Not yet, but you’re spacing out. So I called you..."Minnie looked at me.

"Ah, I just puzzled by something isn’t important." I smiled, tried to wash away cuteness of Minnie in my head.

 

Minnie POV

I saw Bummie quite strange today. He is always cheerful, suddenly he became silent. Why?

"Do you really want to buy me a new one? It’s really expensive." Bummie smiled at me.

"It’s okay. Let’s go, we’re here." Bummie pushed me inside. I felt weird.

"Really? I feel you strange." Bummie chuckled.

"I want to make something for you. Do you want glasses or contact lens?" I shocked.

"Contact lens? That's very expensive!" Bummie was laughing.

"I feel that you are cuter without that thick glasses." I'm speechless. What’s wrong with Bummie? He never said to me like that.

"You..." Bummie raised his hand.

"Ppalli. I buy you contact lens. Final!"

"But..."

"No more buts. Come on!"

The shop keeper walked towards us.

"My friend likes to make contact lance." Bummie said.

"Do you for real?" Bummie smiled.

 

Bummie POV

"I know what I’m doing. Just follow me." I pushed Minnie to follow the shop keeper. I knew Minnie felt weird, but I still being positive. I wanted Minnie to be cute, just like what I saw before. I would also hope he didn’t get bullied after that.

"Contact lens, what colour you want?" The shop keeper asked.

"Min, choose. Don’t ever think about the price." Minnie looked doubt.

"Come on!" I said. Minnie was still silent.

"Then, I will choose." Minnie remained silent.

"Okay if that you want. Take the blue sapphire eoh?" The shop keeper nodded.

"Blue?" Minnie looked wonder.

"Yes, our favourite colour. Right?"

"Please follow me." Minnie followed the shop keeper.

(End of POV)

*********

"Bum, is really okay I’m wearing contact lens? I’m afraid if they make fun of me."

"Believe in yourself. Come on!" Bummie pulled Minnie to the class.

"Hello all!" Bummie said in loud, to gain everybody attention. Minnie looked down. Bummie smiled to see everybody looked at them. Bummie turned to Minnie who was hiding behind him.

"Loh, why are you hiding Min? Friends, look at Minnie’s transformation!" Minnie looked at Bummie. Their classmates saw Minnie’s face and shocked.

"I...it ... it's Minnie?!!" The girls asked in disbelief. Bummie was smiling.

"Yes, Minnie, the nerdy. Cute isn’t it?" Bummie chuckled.

"Kyaah!!! Minnie, can be my boyfriend? Kyeopta!" Minnie surprised when the chief of charming girls, 9angels walked to him and pinched his cheeks.

"Err, Taeng...appayeo..." Taeng pulled her hands.

"Sorry. You really cute! Forgive my attitude before, neh? Could I be your girlfriend?"

"No, he’s mine. You’re my boyfriend right?" Ssica intervened. Taeng looked at Ssica sharply.

"I’m unnie okay. Do not against me!" Ssica snorted.

"Why should you guy said that? He’s mine anyway!" Sunny said out of blue.

"No, mine!"Seonie strongly snapped.

"Err...you guys..."

 

Minnie POV

"Err....you guys ..."

I'm worried. Did I am really cute to make them fighting like this? Though I personally feel strange about me.

"Well! You guys are really facialistic oh? Stop, no more fight. He’s mine anyway." The words from Bummie made me speechless.

"You..." Bummie smiled at me.

"He's mine, my close friend till the end of time. So he does not belong to anyone of you." All of them stayed silent.

(End of POV)

 

"Hae, isn’t that Minnie?" Hyukkie said. Hae and the other looked at Minnie.

“He really looked cute.” Teukkie said softly.

"Yes, I’m agree with you." Kangin and Wookie nodded.

"Stop in their problem, I don’t want to pick a fight against Kibum again." Hae said.

***************

Minnie POV

I heard from my mother, who had just returned from the market, Bummie was sick. I hastened to his house after I decided not going to school. I was worried as I knew Bummie parents’ wnet to overseas where other maids got their day off. So no one stayed with him. He really can’t manage himself.

"Bum! Bummie!" I called him. Finally Bummie opened the gate. I immediately went into the house.

"Bum! Where are you? I’m here." I shocked to see the messy living room. Bummie curled on the couch. I immediately went to Bummie.

"Are you okay?” I saw his eyes opened a bit.

"My head is dizzy..." I heard his voice hoarse and stuck a bit.

"Did you eat medicine already?" Bummie nodded his head.

"Since when you are sick?' I asked while looked around. What did he do, turning the living room into a mess?

"I felt pain since last night. How did you know I’m sick?" I smiled.

"Don’t ask more. You must be hungry. Let me cooks for you." I went to the kitchen when Bummie mumbled something.

"Gomawo"

“Just sleep first. I will wake you up when the food is ready.” I put the wet cloth on his head. I brought out his blanket and covered his body. I was thinking for a while in the kitchen. What should I cook?

"Ah," I smiled and started to cook for Bummie.

(End of POV)

 

"Bummie, wake up. The food is ready. Eat first, then continue your sleep." Bummie woke up. Minnie fed Bummie. Suddenly, after Bummie swallowed the porridge, he vomited on Minnie’s shirt.

"Ah, sorry ... huh..I'm..." Minnie smiled.

"You okay right? The porridge is bad? Or your belly got problem? Pain?" Bummie shook his head.

"The porridge is delicious. But porridge…what porridge is this?" Minnie wondered.

"Well, you must heal faster. It’s ginseng porridge." Bummie sighed.

"Ginseng...you know.." Minnie realised something.

"Ouch! I forgot! Sorry! I cook something else." Before Minnie got up, Bummie pulled Minnie’s hand. Minnie looked at the Bummie.

"It’s okay, I’m not hungry." Minnie stayed silence.

"But you certainly didn’t breakfast yet." Bummie smiled weakly.

"I’m okay. Relax duh…uhuk!" Minnie surprised.

"You cough or you want to vomit again?" Bummie shook head.

"You sit still then. Accompany me." Minnie smiled.

 

"It's up to you then." Minnie sat on the floor. Bummie smiled.

"Thanks for coming here. But didn’t now is school hours?" Minnie smiled.

"I skipped today. My mum didn’t know this." Bummie looked at Minnie, wondering.

 

Bummie POV

"I skipped today. My mum didn’t know this." I looked at Minnie, wondering.

Minnie never skipped school from his young age.

"Are you sure? I know you never skipping classes..."Minnie smiled.

"I’m worried about you. Alone at home, and you’re sick." I'm surprised. Is that I'm more important than school? I felt my face burned after thought like that.

"Why are you in silent?" Minnie looked at to me.

"Eh? Your face is red. Your temperature becomes hotter..." Minnie put his hand on my forehead.

"Wait, I get a wet cloth for you. Why I’m forgetting about this eh?" Minnie was giggling over his clumsiness. I tried to stay calm.

What puzzled me just now? Minnie's my close best friend, he would worry about me right? Yes, as a friend duh. Why am I thinking something else?

Minnie came back. I saw his shirt was a bit wet, maybe he cleaned my vomit just now.

"Well, put this so that the heat can be cold." Minnie put the wet cloth carefully.

"Thanks ..." Minnie smiled.

"That’s what I should do for you." Minnie pinched my nose. Minnie, is that I’m really important for you?

"Okay, have a rest. I’ll be here for you."

 

Minnie POV

"Sleep tight." I covered him with the blanket. Ah, Bummie looked like a kid like this. This side of him...Bum, Bum... How could you get sick? Strange...

"Min..?" I shocked a bit.

"Ouch, Bum. You gave me shock. I thought you have already sleep." Bummie opened his eyes.

"Thanks. Saranghae!" Bummie smiled.

I'm surprised to Bummie’s sweetest smile that I never seen before. My heart’s beating fast. Bummie closed his eyes. My eyes are just glued on his lips. Yah! Lee Sungmin! What’re you doing? I walked to the kitchen quickly.

"What I’m thinking just now?" I was speechless.

(End of POV)

*********

Two days later, Bummie was okay and went to the school together with Minnie as usual. Their relationship was closer than before. It’s looked like a couple.

"Min, I want to give you something. Close your eyes."Bummie said. Minnie wondered.

"What’s it?" Minnie asked. They were eating in the school yard.

"Close your eyes first." Minnie just obeyed him. Bummie pulled out something from behind.

"Well, now open your eyes." Minnie opened his eyes and screamed.

"Ah! This...this...where did you get it from?" Minnie looked at the keychain in Bummie’s hand.

"I found it in a shop..." Bummie said softly.

 

Bummie POV

"I found it in a shop ..." I said softly.

"Really? This is too hard to be found...too expensive and limited edition, Bummie... "I could not reply. I actually looked for this keychain with the help of my assistant (who was my family butler) yesterday. I want to give Minnie this as a thanks gift, he wanted it but this keychain not easily to be found and it’s expensive.

"It is true, I just discovery at the store yesterday. So I bought it as a gift for you." Minnie still can’t believe me.

"You’re lying, I can’t believe this." I sighed.

 

Minnie POV

"You’re lying, I can’t believe this." I sighed.

I can’t believe it. This keychain was really hard find in this area. How come Bummie saw and bought just like that?

"I was...telling the truth." Bummie stuttered. I knew he was lying.

"Stop it, Bum." I smiled at Bummie.

"I said the truth..." Bummie looked down after we met each other face. I just smiled.

"I know when you’re lying..." Bummie sighed.

"Yes, yes. I admit it. I asked my butler to find it."

"Why do you did this, Bum?"

"Because I want repay you, you’re too kind for me..." I was in silent.

 

Bummie POV

"Because I want repay you, you’re too kind for me..."

I don’t know what to say anymore. I just waited for Minnie to explode. Yup, I knew he hates people lying.

"Then..." I held up my face. I'm surprised when I saw Minnie smiled sweetly. He's so cute. My heart thumped crazily.

"Thanks, Bum. I love it! Saranghae!" Minnie embraced me. I stiffened because of shock.

(End of POV)

**********

A few days later

Bummie was sitting alone at the school garden.

 

Bummie POV

Why I’m attracted to Minnie? What, did I have a crush on him? Uwah! How’s possible it is? Minnie's my best friend! It can’t be happened!!

"Well! Here you are. I took a long time to find you. Fortunately, I got free from the 9angels. I don’t like this overload attention..." I was shocked by his sudden voice.

"Oh my god!" Minnie smiled. This lucky guy!

"I’m sorry, don’t get mad duh..." Minnie said playfully, seductively in my eyes. Ouch, don’t be like this, Min.....

"Stop it!" Minnie wondered.

"What.." Even before Minnie finished talking, I got up.

"I return to the class."

But the recess time still...”

"I’ll go fir...” I'm speechless when Minnie pulled my hand. Min, don’t do this to me...

"You're angry with me? I’m sorry...don’t get mad, I only have you, my close friend." I feel that Minnie began to cry. Minnie, please don’t....

"I’m not angry, let me alone for a while." Minnie let my hand go reluctantly. I have to rethink back...

"Bum..."

"Give me few days. I’m sorry, Min."

 

Minnie POV

"Give me few days. I’m sorry, Min."

My tears began to fall. Bummie was getting away, left me behind. Why I’m so sad? What did I do wrong?

"I should go to the class, I think he was just playing around..." I got up and walked to my class. In the class, I saw my bag wasn’t place beside Bummie as usual but now it was at the back of him.

"Bum..." Bummie just looked at the window. Hae and others looked at us.

"Miann, Min..." He said while still looking outside. I sighed and weakly walked to my new seat.

"Em .. oppa...can I sit beside you?" Yuri asked me.

"Ah...erm ...." I did not reply. Yuri sat beside me. My place was occupied by Yoona.

"Bummie oppa let Minnie oppa saat behind, why? You want me to sit here eh?" Yoona asked Bummie. I realized Bummie was angry.

"Shut up." Bummie looked out of the window again. That made me sad, he ignored me.

************

Still Minnie POV

"Min, follow me." Bummie pulled me after I sat in my new place, behind Bummie. It almost a week he ignored me.

"Why Bum?” I asked after Bummie stopped at school garden.

"There's something I must say to you." Bummie looked down. I wondered seeing his behaviour today. He looked up.

"I...you...please...ah!" Bummie turned his back to me. I became more curious.

"What’s wrong? Just straight to the point."

 

Bummie POV

"What’s wrong? Just straight to the point."

I mean...it's like....

"Min, I..." I still didn’t turn to Minnie. I felt anxious and embarrass to say what was in my heart to Minnie. I never know I...

"Bum, malhaebwa. Do not make me wonder." I looked at the Minnie. We stayed quiet.

"Bum..." I looked down. Min, I really...

"Chowanikka...." I looked up, want to see what’s Minnie’s reaction.

(End of POV)

 

"Eh? You said what? Ouch, you Bum. Why are you sleeping here? I tired finding you. Since the break, you went missing." Bummie looked blankly when Minnie still wearing his thick glasses.

"Your spectacle is still okay?" Minnie wondered.

"Is it supposedly to break? What’s wrong with you eh? Are you sick" Bummie scratched his head.

"What time is now?" Minnie smiled.

"The class has ended. Since you went to the toilet after we finished eating, you went missing. Make me worried all time long. Did you really plan to skip class?" Bummie got up.

"Did Hae bully you again?" Minnie chuckled.

"Since you helped me last time, he never touch me. Didn’t you gave him a warning last time?" Bummie puzzled.

"Then, your eye glasses never break?" Minnie wondered but laughed anyway. He pushed Bummie to the gate.

"What, did you break it?" Bummie was speechless.

"Ani~, you still wear that..." Minnie chuckled.

"Then, why you are asking?" Bummie only stayed silence.

"Yeah, let's go home."

 

Bummie POV

"Yeah, let's go home."

I’m dreaming just now, ooh make me scared then.

"Why you kept quiet? Strange ...." Minnie asked.

"Ah, me...." I stopped. Minnie also stopped and looked at me.

"Recently I dreamt about..." I told him about my dream, from the incident Hae bullied him. Minnie looked shock after I finished it all.

"Jongmal?!"

(End of POV)

 

"Jongmal?!"

Bummie nodded. Minnie sighed.

"This morning, I also dream the same thing." Bummie shocked.

"Really?" Minnie nodded.

"So, why you didn’t tell me?" Bummie asked.

"That just a dream right?" Minnie said.

"So we have the same dream?" Minnie looked at the Bummie.

"But my dream has little difference....after you confessed..." Bummie wondered.

"What happened?" Minnie looked down.

 

* Flashback of Minnie's dream *

Minnie POV

"Chowanikka ...." Bummie looked at my face. I didn’t reply, I can’t say anything. Bummie looked at me. I also wished he knew my heart but....

"Bummie...I...." I was speechless.

"You reject.... I mean, I..." Bummie don’t finish his sentence. I also wanted to say what I felt. I felt embarrass, but I was happy when he also felt the sama as me.

"Bummie..I..." Bummie looked down.

"You surely reject me, I know this is weird." Bummie walked away. I was frozen. Kim Kibum! Don’t go!

"Wait!" I hugged him from behind.

"Don’t go."

* End of flashback *

 

"Stop!" Minnie didn’t finish his story when Bummie shouted.

"I have not finished yet." Bummie shook his head.

"Stop, I can’t hear more. Let it be a secret." Minnie nodded.

"Did you...”

"No! I love you as my close friend, not more than that. Aish, why we got a weird dream like this?” Bummie walked. Minnie just followed.

"We are friend! That's never changed! Never get influenced by something like this." Minnie smiled.

"Yes, I know! We are just close friends...who love one another as friend!"Bummie wrapped his arm around Minnie’s shoulder.

"We are friends! Youngwontorok! "They were both smiling.

-END-