Jaehyo likes kisses

BBC collection

Minky reporting in with some much needed backstory, plus some one-sided feelings that I couldn't resist. So this was before the gang was formed, when Bbomb and Jaehyo were still seniors in high school just going into their second year of college, actually. The idea was spawned by the gif. This is a story that our little kitty kwon doesn’t know about.

 

Two guys in a one-bedroom apartment; it could be awkward or it could be totally hot. Unluckily for Ahn Jaehyo, it seemed that his new life in Minhyuk’s apartment was turning more towards the first. The worst part was that he was at least ninety percent sure that he was the only one in the house who felt it.

            It was embarrassing that he was a burden to his already burdened family and couldn’t do a thing for them now that they were bankrupt because until then he’d never had to work a day in his life. It was awkward enough that Minhyuk had to basically lift him from a life on the streets. It was awkward enough that he barely knew Minhyuk two weeks ago, and now was in his care. What really made it unbearable was that Minhyuk was an amazing guy. He was quiet and kind, funny, and an amazingly talented dancer. In fact, that was the cherry on top: Minhyuk was painfully attractive. The boy could move his body like nobody’s business.

            So of course the most awkward part of living in Minhyuk’s apartment was that Jaehyo increasingly wanted to make it his business.

 

            Jaehyo stepped into the apartment and kicked off his shoes.

“I’m, uh, I’m home,” he called out timidly. He still wasn’t used to this place, so small compared to his old house. The one they had to sell just to stay afloat, along with all their belongings. Lay off all the workers. Still, as nervous as his new living arrangement made him, it somehow felt more…homey.

            After a brief look around, Jaehyo remembered that Minhyuk had dance practice today. He flopped down on the small couch, which was also his bed set out in the living room, which was also the dining room, which would also have been the kitchen if not for a small half wall hiding the cooking appliances. Jaehyo let his head loll back and he scanned the room for the hundredth time. Everything about this place made him remember how rich he wasn’t anymore. Which brought to mind several other things.

            Up until this point in his life, Jaehyo was used to being admired as an ulzzang.  He had a bunch of girls, cute girls, waiting for him to notice them. Where had they gone? Jaehyo didn’t miss each one in particular, though it did sting that most of them must have been after him only so he’d spend money on them. He didn’t know what their problem was; even after his money was gone he still looked the same. Thinking they were shallow didn’t make him a hypocrite, right? Jaehyo didn’t really care. He let out a sigh that turned into a yawn. He did miss their kisses though. Being kissed by cute people was nice… Looking at them was all right too. His classmates didn’t call his new roommate “Minhyuk God” for nothing…

 

            “Hey, didn’t I tell you to do the dishes? Part of the deal man.”

 

            Jaehyo sat up and what felt like a gym bag slid off of his face. “I told you I don’t know how,” he said rubbing his eyes and yawning. He must have dozed off, thinking about…what was he thinking about before? He looked up as Minhyuk plopped onto the couch next to him. Oh yeah, that.

            Minhyuk smiled at him and retrieved his bag from where it had landed in Jaehyo’s lap.  Jaehyo tried not to stare at Minhyuk’s dimples. He failed and settled on hoping Minhyuk wouldn’t notice him staring at his dimples. But Minhyuk simply chuckled and said, “Then find out! Or you could clean the rest of the house.”

            Jaehyo yawned again and managed to flop back down onto the tiny couch. “Oh sure” he said, “and I’ll wear a little French maid outfit. That’d make you happy, wouldn’t it?” He immediately blushed and cursed himself. Were they even close enough for Jaehyo to be making stupid jokes like that? To his relief, Minhyuk laughed hard and said, “If it’ll help you get your work done, you can wear whatever you like!” Jaehyo huffed and pouted, then sighed.

            Minhyuk leaned over to look at him, his face made more concerned by his ever-worried brows. “Hey, what’s up with you? You can talk to me, you know, if you need to.”

            Jaehyo smiled at the concern in his voice and said, “I used to have a following that would have loved to see me in that French maid outfit.”

            “I didn’t know girls were into that kind of stuff, unless pretty boys like you drew in male admirers too,” Minhyuk joked.

            Jaehyo sat up and smacked Minhyuk lightly on the arm. “ You know what I meant. You’ve still got your little fanclub anyway, so maybe you don’t get it. You still have a new girl to go out with every night.”

            Minhyuk stared at him blankly. “What do you mean?” he asked.

            “I mean all the girls that watch you dance.”

            Minhyuk blinked.

            “Surely you’ve noticed them fawn over you.”

            He tilted his head slightly to the side.

            “…Minhyuk God?”

            Minhyuk’s eyebrows shot up.

            “Then who’ve you been going to see every other night since I got here?” Jaehyo asked incredulously. Minhyuk grew silent and Jaehyo had a mini panic attack thinking he’d crossed some boundary until he saw the slight smile on his lips.

            “There’s this amazing new kid in the dance crew, two years younger than us. This guy can seriously dance. I’ve been meeting up with him to see what he can do. The way we move together, I swear it’s like we were made for each other,” Minhyuk said with an impressed look on his face. Jaehyo quenched the feeling of envy that momentarily squeezed his heart. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

            “All those underutilized kisses and you’ve been dancing!”

            “Kisses?” Minhyuk chuckled, “Is that what this is about?”

            “Don’t laugh at me Minhyuk God who’s too busy dancing with some guy to notice all the girls he’s got following him,” Jaehyo teased.

            “Kisses happen all the time, most of them would mean nothing, especially from those girls. Finding someone like Yukwon doesn’t happen every day.”

            “Kisses always mean something! They’re important!” Jaehyo argued back.

            “Do not. I could kiss you right now and it wouldn’t mean anything.”

            This stopped Jaehyo in his tracks. Minhyuk had a gleam in his eye. This was a challenge, to see how far Jaehyo would take it. Jaehyo knew he’d only issued the challenge because he was sure that neither of them actually had feelings for each other, which smarted, but he wasn’t about to back down.  He didn’t hesitate, knowing this may be the only opportunity he’d ever get. He stared Minhyuk in the eye and jutted his chin forward. “Prove it.”

            Minhyuk narrowed his eyes and moved his face forward as well. “You don’t want to play this game with me Jaehyo, you’re gonna lose.”

            I know, Jaehyo thought, but instead moved his face within an inch of Minhyuk’s. “Oh yeah?”

            Minhyuk smirked and darted forward, covering Jaehyo’s lips with his own. It felt like a small eternity to Jaehyo, and he savored it. In reality, it must not have even lasted a whole second and he didn’t dare close his eyes. He played the part and yelled disgustedly, falling over backwards and wiping his mouth as Minhyuk burst out laughing. He watched his roommate grab his gym bag and run off to his room, shouting over his shoulder, “Unless you want more of that, learn to wash the dishes!”

            Jaehyo hung his head once Minhyuk was out of sight. He toyed with the idea of never learning to wash dishes. He knew that event if he didn’t, Minhyuk still wouldn’t kiss him with half as much passion as he showed when he talked about dancing with…what was his name? Kwon something.  Jaehyo tapped his red cheeks and sighed, getting up to look for soap.