Fun In The Car

Confessions of an American Fangirl. . .

 

*English is ITALICIZED*

============================================================

An hour later, Belle’s phone buzzed and she slid open the lock. She tossed one of her wedges in Adriel’s direction, who was staring out the window with a dazed expression. It dropped a foot short and Adriel looked back at Belle, "Wow. Fail."

"Shut up. They’re here! Minho just texted me,” the redhead stood up, adjusting her royal purple cover up dress and tightening her ponytail. Adriel followed suit, clad in a floral top and a green mini skirt as cover up for her bathing suit.

As they entered the elevator, Belle was excited, and lightly bounced on her heels. Adriel, as Belle could see, was excited also; she was trying not to show it, but her lips kept threatening to curl into a smile of anticipation.

The shorter girl smirked, “Come on, I can tell you’re just as excited as I am. Stop trying to be cool,” she said, poking the brunette in the ribs.

“Shut up. Stop touching me,” she swatted Belle’s hand away after involuntarily squealing, “I do what I want,” Adriel turned up her nose and faced the elevator doors that were sliding open with a ding.

Belle rolled her eyes, “Whatever,”

As the elevator door opened, Belle had draped herself over Adriel, and was hugging her and saying, “You love me!

“Yes, now get off me.” the brunette pried the older girl’s arms off of her body.

Belle bounded into the lobby and Adriel followed placidly.

“Stop being like this – all touchy – the guys won’t leave you alone like I do,” the redhead looked over her shoulder, “no matter how much you tell them to.” she winked. Adriel merely rolled her eyes and looked away.

The girls walked out of the hotel to see the boys all standing beside a large, shiny, black SUV that was parked close. They were all dressed in colorful swimming trunks, some had on Hawaiian shirts, and some had shirts with some band name on the front. To the eyes of the girls: they all looked spectacular and refreshing.

Belle waved and grinned, “Hey guys!” Adriel offered a weak smile, despite her edgy attitude for the moment, “So, where are we going?” the redhead asked, putting her phone away inside her tote.

Jonghyun smirked, showing all of his large teeth, “It’s a secret,” he sang, waving his pointer finger. He was wearing dark blue swimming trunks with a white wife-beater and black flip flops

Key found Adriel and currently had his arms wrapped around her, “Yah, we can’t tell you,” he cooed, tapping the brunette on her nose and winking. He was clad in hot pink swimming trunks and a lime green t-shirt with white sandals. Adriel’s eyes widened but she was not amused. The diva raised an eyebrow and looked to the other girl.

“Don’t mind her, Key,” Belle put a hand on his slim shoulder, “she’s just frustrated that I made her get up and come with us.”

The rainbow haired boy smiled, “Hey, didn’t I say to call me Kibum-Oppa?” he poked Belle in the stomach.

She giggled, “Oh, right. Kibum-Oppa,” she grinned. Key nodded in satisfaction.

“I was perfectly happy reading!” Adriel crossed her arms across her chest and huffed.

“Yah, and making yourself homesick by looking at that magazine you bought at the last minute at the Portland airport. You’ve got to have it memorized by now!” Belle gave her friend a look and Minho chuckled. It was a deep sound in the back of his throat that resonated around the group. Minho had on his black swimming trunks with a silver swirly pattern and a red muscle shirt with black slip-on Nike sandals.

Taemin fluttered over in his baby blue swimming trunks and yellow t-shirt and yellow flip flops and said to Adriel, “Don’t worry Adriel-ah, you’ll have fun once we get to the – “

Key threw his hands over Adriel’s ears while Jonghyun, Minho, and Onew pounced on the maknae, covering his mouth and shouting, “YAH! Shut up, you can’t tell her! Shhh!”

“How do we know you’re not going to drive us to the middle of nowhere and kill us?” Adriel said, peeling Key’s hands from her ears.

Belle rolled her eyes, “This kid watched too many cop shows,” she shook her head as the boys all stared at the brunette wide eyed, “So are we going to go . . . where are we going?” she asked, trying to be discreet.

Minho smiled, “Nope. You’re not going to find out that easily,” he ruffled her hair.

Suddenly, the car horn honked, causing everyone to jump in surprise. They looked up to see Onew suddenly in the driver’s seat, the car engine roaring to life.

“Y’all better get in, in the next five seconds or I’m leaving without you!” he threatened. Onew was wearing bright orange swimming trunks and a purple graphic t-shirt that said ‘Hot Mess’ and he had on silver sandals on his feet. He stepped on the gas, making the engine roar to say he was serious.

Everyone scrambled into the SUV. Jonghyun called shotgun, Belle and Taemin sat in the second row, and Key, Adriel, and Minho sat in the third row. Adriel was clearly unhappy with the seating arrangments.

Cuddle Puddle,” Belle said, softly turning to face Adriel, who was squished between Key and Minho.

Shut up,” the brunette hissed, giving the redhead the death glare, “they can speak English too, moron,

Jonghyun called from the front seat, “Who’s a moron?”

Adriel raised both eyebrows and gestured towards him, “My point exactly,” Belle stuck out her tongue before turning to face forward.

They had all been driving for about forty-five minutes, much to the dismay of the four boys who weren’t driving. Onew drove strictly the speed limit, not wanting anything bad to happen. It was because they had packed chicken in the cooler that morning, he had said, and he didn’t want anything to happen to his "precious cargo". You never know, he had said. The others just groaned and rolled their eyes.

By this time, Belle and Taemin had both fallen asleep, despite them being the most excited of the bunch. Adriel looked up from her iPod to see them sleeping, and a great idea popped into her head. She smiled deviously and scrunched up her nose as she carefully and gently pushed Belle’s head to rest onto Taemin’s shoulder, then pushing the dancer’s head to rest on the older girl’s.

Adriel quietly laughed wickedly, shaking her shoulders in an attempt to contain her laughter.

Key glanced up to see what was wrong with her when he saw the scene in the row in front of them. He smirked, “You’re evil! I like it!” he scrunched up his nose and pinched the brunette’s cheeks, she was still too busy laughing to protest.

Minho shook his head smiling, “That’s mean. It’s funny . . . but mean,”

Adriel got another idea and smiled widely, “Oh, you think THAT’S mean . . .” she put a finger to her lips. She called Jonghyun who turned and smirked mischievously at the two sleepers and followed Adriel’s lead by manipulating Taemin’s hand to be resting on top of Belle’s.

Jonghyun laughed silently as he snapped pictures. Key started to crack up, while Minho was still shaking his head but laughing. Adriel could feel tears falling down her face; when something was funny to her, it was all out funny, no in-betweens.

Onew looked in his rearview mirror and asked cautiously, “What’s going on back there?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing,” the four answered in unison, still snickering. They looked at each other and burst out laughing all over again.   

Onew investigated the source of their joke, “Wow guys,” he chuckled, “You guys are going to get it when they wake up. I’m not getting involved; it’ll be your own faults,”

They just smiled and went back to their various devices for the remainder of the drive. 

=============================================================
Those jokesters~ 

Wonder where their destination is . . . hmmm . . .

find out in the next chapter!

sorry, kinda short again (>_<)

but, please continue commenting!

we love it (as always)!