Making Plans

Confessions of an American Fangirl. . .

 

*English is ITALICIZED* 

=========================================================

It was just barely twilight when Manager drove up with the girls to the front of their hotel, the pink-orange sun just peeking over the horizon. As Belle opened the door to step out of the car, a brisk, chilly wind enveloped her, sending shivers down her arms.

Manager kept the car running as he said, “So, girls, I will let you know the results of your audition tomorrow. I have both of your numbers right?”

Adriel and Belle both nodded.

“Good,” he smiled warmly, “have a nice night,” he said before pulling out of the parking lot and leaving the girls standing at the entrance of the double doors, the golden light of the lobby spilling out onto the sidewalk as the street lights began to flicker on one by one.

What the fruit have we done, Belle?” Adriel looked to the redhead as they walked to the elevator.

Belle threw up her hands and sighed, “I don’t know. All I know is: we’re screwed if we don’t make the cut.” she pressed the button for the fifth floor.

No pressure, huh?” the brunette said stoically, leaning her head against the wall.

There was a calm silence in the elevator as it took the girls up.

Belle rubbed her temples in deep thought, “Adriel, if we do make it through, where do you think we’ll stay?” she shuffled her feet as they walked down the hallway.

Adriel thought a moment, “I don’t know,” she said, sliding the key card into the lock until a flashing green light appeared. She pushed the door, “Hopefully it’s someplace as nice as the guys’ dorm. Man, that place was legit!” the brunette tossed her purse on the bed, grinning.

No joke!” Belle smiled before ducking into the bathroom.

==================================================================

It was late morning in the girls’ hotel room the next day, the warm breeze wafting in through the opened sliding door that led out to their balcony. Adriel was lounging on the bed closest to it, reading her magazine she had bought at PDX airport just before boarding the plane. Belle was perched on one of the lounge chairs outside on the balcony, letting her skin soak up the sun as she absent-mindedly studied their Korean phrase book.

It was peacefully silent until Belle suddenly threw the book down, groaning loudly, “Ughhh!”

Want to share with the rest of the class?” Adriel replied without looking up, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Shut up,” Belle blew her bangs out of her face, “I was just thinking about how BORED I am! We haven’t done anything fun since we got here, it’s been all business!“ The redhead let another groan escape her lips.

The brunette looked up, her face expressionless, “We haven’t gotten an answer back from Manager yet. So if he says no, it doesn’t matter what's out here because we’re just going to get sent back home,” she turned back to her magazine and spotted an ad for Kraft's Macaroni and Cheese, “Where American food is . . .” she mumbled longingly.

Belle stood up, “All the more reason to go have fun now! While we’re STILL HERE!” she bounded into the room, her hands on her hips.

Adriel faced the older girl, “Fine then,” she rolled her eyes, looking back at the magazine, “call the guys to take us somewhere.” the brunette sat up and crossed her legs.

The redhead looked startled, “What? No, you can,” she shook her head violently, waving her hands in front of her and backing away.

Adriel stood firm, “Nope. It was your idea, you call,” she held up her phone and tapped her foot impatiently.

Gahh! Fine!” Belle gave in, grabbing her friend’s phone and dialing the number to the boys’ dorm she had gotten from Key. He had programmed it into the phone before she had even asked for it, smirking as he named it Home of the Almighty Key ;). The diva had earned a look from Adriel after doing that, but she hadn't changed it.

Belle fidgeted with her hair and paced back and forth as the phone began ringing, tense in anticipation, waiting to hear who would answer.

“Hello?” a deep voice answered after the fourth ring.

Belle immediately relaxed, mouthing ‘Thank goodness!’ as she smiled, sitting down on the bed opposite Adriel, “Oh hey, Minho,” she said brightly.

“Oh hey,” Minho replied, there was a pause, “is this Belle?”

“You’re right, this is Belle,” she smiled, “So, Adriel and I were thinking – “

“No I was NOT!” Adriel called across the room, Belle heard Minho chuckle.

“Shut up!” Belle put a finger to her lips, “Anyway, so we were thinking that we have been here four days and we haven’t done anything but business related things . . .”

Adriel tuned out the conversation, diving back into her magazine as she thought, Oh MAN I miss tacos. I miss Taco Bell. Where can I get tacos in this country? There better be a hamburger place close to here! Oh my gosh, I want a donut so bad! She salivated at the bright, colorful ads in front of her eyes, her eyes glazing over at the thought of American food. Her stomach longed to be back in America, and she was becoming increasingly homesick. Adriel heaved a big sigh as she heard Belle end her conversation on the phone.

“Okay, sounds great. Bye Minho!” Bell said, hanging up, “Mih says Key and Onew are awake but he has to get Jong and Tae up, so they’ll be over in about an hour,” the redhead explained, using their private nicknames for the boys, “We have to get ready, he said to pack for the pool but he wouldn’t tell me where we’re going.” she pouted, turning her back to rummage through her suitcase that had exploded its contents all over the floor.

Adriel finally set the magazine down and heaved a sigh, “Oh great, I just LOVE surprises!” she said sarcastically.

Stop being a Debby-Downer and get ready!” Belle cried playfully, tossing a towel at Adriel’s face.

“Okaaay,” the brunette said, dragging out the end of the word, “Good thing I packed my bathing suit,” Adriel stated, holding it up.

“Yay, me too!” said Belle, proudly displaying hers.

The two girls hummed to themselves as they packed for a day out. 

===========================================================

where is Minho taking the girls? 

will it be fun?

i want to go!

kinda lame/filler short chapter.... we apologize if it was boring~ 

bianhae~ 

anywayss... thanks so much for all the comments your guys have been leaving! 

we really love to read them!

dont stop... you're all too kind!