5

It started one Valentine

 

     You walked out of the scene gracefully but when you’re fully out of his sight, your poise slowly disappeared as your pace quicken. Soon, you were running like an athlete with the roses as your baton and the teddy bear as a weight. Students were giving you weird looks but you did not dare give it a thought.

     After running and running, you finally stopped at a secluded rooftop and let your frustrations out with a shout and a jump, not of the building but just a mere jump to ease shaking limbs. You were like throwing tantrums at nothing but the clear skies. Breathing heavily with trickling beads of sweat, you slump yourself on the ground beside the bear.

     You wiped your face with the back of your hand. Suddenly a droplet fell on your hand, you looked up the sky but your thought was wrong; it was not raining. Drops fell continuously as you felt yourself sniff and sob. “No, no. I’m not crying over it again.” You wiped those tears that flow like the memories that you tried oh so hard to forget all these time. Your mind drifted to what happened five months back.

     You didn’t really plan to leave him; you were packing just to make a show hoping KwangMin would apologize and promise to never do it again then everything would be good. Your hopes fell. His words provoked you to leave and hate him, “You can go. The door’s wide open.” Your world crashed. Each word struck to your heart like knives. What killed you was the fact that he even helped you with your luggage and by hailing a cab.

     “Goodbye, KwangMin…” were the only words your strength had enabled you to say.

     Tears can’t stop falling in remembrance. You cried on the bear’s lap as if it would hug and comfort you like KwangMin does when you­­‒NO. Just no. ‘Why are you still thinking of him when he was and still is the reason of those pales of tears and that ill-broken heart of yours,’ your mind scolded. Your gaze landed on a scar on your left knee that up until now hasn’t disappeared yet.

     Days after you were provoked to leave him, you still can’t get a grip on a single piece of your mind; you’re still nothing closer than what you were. You barely have eaten anything since. Hence, your body became weak and weaker as each passing day, still thinking of him and still hoping that he would look for you and win you back.

     You go to school and just space out. You got bullied but never even flinched a bit. With that and a lot more, your grades went crashing down slope along with your health as well that you’ve been hospitalized for days. You always think that no one was there to comfort you and no one will ever do but KwangMin himself.

     You realized your mistake when one day Seul came visiting you. She is a friend of yours, a very close one, more like a sister to you. You totally forgot about this sister of yours that used to fight off bullies for you, forces food in you (yells and threatens when you refuse to) and most of all, never left your side when you needed her; that was what she did.

     “When I left you, you have burdens here, here and here‒” she pointed your now skinny arms, thighs and cheeks (A/N: Burdens here mean excess fats XD). “‒and if my calendar is correct, it was just few weeks ago!” Seul exaggerated.

     “Unni, three months had passed after you left,” you corrected.

     “Whatever and don’t change the topic here. What happened to you? Why are you this skinny? When I told you to lose weight, I never meant it like this!” Seul retorted like a mother to her child. Many more questions were asked to which you answered honestly since you can’t keep anything from her.

     She helped you to go back, not to who you were, but to fight and be able stand and face any problem the world has to bestow upon you. The two of you did some catching up with each other and she helped you to get over those feelings and move on with life.

     “You have to be strong, MinSung. Don’t waste the time lent to you by Seul unni,” you told yourself as you got up and prepared to face every day with the one who pushed you to the ground just within the parameter of the school and worst, your classroom. You sighed and went to wash your face and get ready. (A/N: MinSung-ah, HWAITING~!)