1

It started one Valentine

text inside asterisks ** are thoughts...enjoy~

--

 

     Rumours in this institution spread in light’s speed that when a thing happens to their ‘kingkas,’ in less than a minute or two, the whole school knows about it. Then another minute, squeals or breaking eggshells could be heard in the hallways, cafeteria, gym, and practically everywhere. That event is actually happening now.

     “Same old, same old...” you muttered feeling really tired hearing those usual scenes.

     A classmate of yours squealed so damn loudly like it would wake the dead; she received 3 red roses and a box of chocolates. *Oh yeah...Valentine’s.* “Can life be any different?”

     As if on cue, a guy, visibly younger than you, approached you. “For you...” He handed me a white rose and whispered, “...he said he wants to meet you.” With that statement, the boy went rushing out the door.

     “Where? Who? WHAT?!!” you tried to question him but he’s gone. You groaned. “I said I want something different but that doesn’t mean that it’s supposed to be this weird!” I said quite loudly that pairs of eyes lingered at you with questioning glares for awhile. *Arghh...FINE!* you thought in irritation.  *I get your point that everybody can be happy but me!* mentally stomping your feet.

     You were into your mental cursing but were interrupted by a white rose’s appearance in front of your face, literally. You peered up only to see one of your crushes’ face.

     “MinHyuk oppa”

     He smiled at you and handed you the rose. *Best Valentine’s ever!* you thought as you continued smiling at each other.* I never knew that fantasies can truly happen~ *You crossed your fingers in hope that MinHyuk planned all these.

     MinHyuk scoffed and tsked, getting you from the imaginary world once again. You tilted your head to the side in confusion. “Wae?” you asked him.

     “You’re an open book, MinSung,” he said then he turned his back to you and left. His retreating figure shattered your world more that you expect it to be. Every step he takes away from you is a stab equivalent to your heart. *He’ll never like you, pabo,* your consciousness told you with undoubtfulness. You bowed your head as you cursed yourself and holding in the tears that threaten to escape.

     *thump thump thump* You heard as shoes touches the tiled floor of your classroom. The sound grew louder. In curiosity, you peered up. You watched in hope as then again you saw MinHyuk coming your way. Your hopes on high again as your heart paced faster than ever. Soon, he’s in front of you but still leaning closer...closer...and closer. Now, his lips are just centimetres away from your ear. You hoped. You silently hoped that he won’t hear your heart beats as it deafen you.

     You felt him smile. “I forgot to give you this.” He inserted a piece of paper in the pocket on your polo. You swore your heart did skip a beat. “If he hadn’t opened up first, I would surely hit on you,” he said with a playful growl, followed by a soft chuckle. Slowly, he pulled away but before completely doing so, he planted a soft kiss on your cheek. He stopped in front of your face and smiled. “Bye,” he mouthed. He turned away, leaving you with your mouth agape and your heart following.

     After minutes of absorbing everything that just had happened, you were brought back by the mother ship to consciousness. You fished in your pocket for the paper. You opened it as you thought in glee, *at last, something to give me a hint~* Most don’t know about your ability to recognize hand writings.

     Your expression turned 180 degrees when you read the paper’s content. “This guy’s surely wise,” you said. *Now how am I supposed to guess?* The paper read, “Go to your locker.” The writings on the paper were encoded and printed.

     Obediently, you went to your locker and opened it.

     “AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-!”

---

just a little crappy something...stay tuned...