2/4

Jealous?

 

dongwoo took in a deep breathe and sighed loudly into his pillow. sunggyu was doing homework, and dongwoo understood that his boyfriend must be busy but he just wanted to see him and hug him and pinch his cute little cheeks. but he couldn't, so he decided to sulk in his bed on a friday afternoon.
 
he almost drifted off into sleep until he felt someone jump on his back, causing an uproar of laughters coming from the both. dongwoo realized it was just myungsoo, his best friend and the guy who pays half the bills (aka his roomate). 
 
"hyung, don't be such a baby and let's do something fun." whispered myungsoo into dongwoo's ear, as he was still on top of his hyung.
 
dongwoo pouted, "myungie you're on top of me. how do you expect me to breathe?" 
 
myungsoo laughed and rolled off dongwoo, so he laid next to him. he propped himself up with his elbows, and rolled his eyes. "hyung, i swear you act like a baby and you're older than me!" 
 
dongwoo shot myungsoo a glare, and sniffled. "i know," came the muffled reply as dongwoo shoved his head under his pillow.
 
"is this about sunggyu-hyung again?" 
 
the pillow moved up and down. myungsoo took that as a yes.
 
"and what woohyun said again last night?"
 
the pillow, once again, moved up and down.
 
"hyung, woohyunnie is just a big ball of grease, you know he never meant anything to hurt you." myungsoo said, patting the older's back sympathetically. 
 
dongwoo let out a loud sigh and shrugged. "i guess so," came the muffled response.
 
"that's the spirit! come on hyung, let's go get ice cream. it's on me!"
 
and when dongwoo wouldn't budge, myungsoo literally had to drag the dino to the ice cream store with him,
 
--
 
"you've got to be kidding me." dongwoo said, in between bites of ice cream. so there he was, kim sunggyu, walking into the ice cream store with none other than woohyun. 
 
myungsoo took a glance over his shoulder, and turned back to dongwoo. "ah, hyung maybe's he's just taking a break from studying?" 
 
dongwoo ignored myungsoo. he could feel the jealousy boiling in his stomach, and he couldn't ignore the hurt in his heart everytime he tried to breathe. he knew he shouldn't jump to conclusions, but it was hard when your boyfriend doesn't even want to be with you. dongwoo blinked back the tears threatening to spill and continued to eat his ice cream, finding a sudden interest at the table.
 
myungsoo noticed the way his hyung got quiet, and when he was quiet that never meant any good. he quickly sent dongwoo a text.
 
from: myungie ^_^
 
hyung, don't be upset!! TT^TT
wanna leave?
 
dongwoo smiled at the message faintly, and looked up at myungsoo to nod his head. dongwoo quickly gathered his things and moved passed sunggyu and woohyun, only being stopped by a voice--his voice. "jang dongwoo, not even going to say hi?"
 
dongwoo didn't turn around to look at sunggyu, but the way myungsoo poked dongwoo told him he should.
 
breathe, breathe. don't cry, don't cry.
 
"gyu gee gee!" came the sudden, excited outburst from the dino, as he turned around, tears gone and a large smile taking over.
 
"i didn't know you were going to the ice cream store, you should've told me. we could've gone together." sunggyu said, smiling that smile that always made dongwoo's heart go crazy, and reached over to tickle under dongwoo's chin.
 
"ah hyung, i didn't know you were going to the ice cream store either, i thought you had work. i wasn't going to bother you, gyu." dongwoo said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck, avoiding sunggyu's eyes.
 
"sunggyu-hyung," myungsoo chiped in before sunggyu could say anything, "dongwoo and i were just going to go to the library to finish some work. enjoy your ice cream, hyung! you too, woohyun." as myungsoo headed out for the door, dragging dongwoo with him, leaving a rather shocked sunggyu and a confused woohyun.
 
--
 
"yah, kim myunsoo! why'd you do that?" dongwoo whined, tugging at the sleeve of myungsoo.
 
"seriously, hyung, i can't believe you're older than me." myungsoo said as he rolled his eyes, "plus shouldn't you be thanking your best friend before you broke down and started to cry? remember the last time that happened with sunggyu-hyung?"
 
ouch, he had a point.
 
the last time dongwoo cried over his jealousy and neglect from sunggyu was the time when they almost broke up. sunggyu always said, "dongwoo, i have work and homework to balance. you have to understand!" 
 
and dongwoo did, he always did. that's why he swore to himself, and to myungsoo, that he'll never show sunggyu how defeated he is, over jealousy, heartbreak, anything. he won't cry in front of sunggyu anymore, but that doesn't mean he won't cry when he's home in bed, with myungsoo rubbing his back for support.
 
dongwoo sighed, and slung his arm over myungsoo's shoulder. "aigo, you're right. thanks myungie! i ought to buy you some udon noodles."
 
now the tables were reversed and it was myungsoo turn to act like a baby, practically begging his hyung to buy some udon for him.