4/4

Jealous?

 

and that night dongwoo fell asleep crying into myungsoo's chest again as the boy sang him to sleep. he woke up on that saturday morning alone. he sniffled and saw up, rubbing his swollen, red eyes from crying so much. 
 
"myungsoo?" dongwoo called out as he made his way outside into the living room. what he didn't expect was sunggyu to be sitting there, waiting for him.
 
"w-what are you doing here?" dongwoo asked, almost shocked. he refused to look sunggyu in the eye.
 
"myungsoo explained to me what's been going on, dongwoo-ah." sunggyu said, slowly getting up to go over to dongwoo. dongwoo took a step away, shaking his head at sunggyu.
 
--
 
when myungsoo knew dongwoo was fast asleep, he slipped out and went next door.
 
"kim myungsoo, what is going on with dongwoo-ah?!" sunggyu yelled when the younger made his way in.
 
"do you not notice, hyung?" myungsoo said, ever so calmly.
 
"notice what?" sunggyu asked, lowering his voice.
 
"don't you notice what you tallk about with woohyun whenever me and dongwoo are over? don't you notice the way dongwoo gets really quiet and doesn't say much? don't you notice that when you two are talking about whatever happened in high school, is slowly, but surely, hurting dongwoo?" myungsoo said, staring straight into sunggyu's eyes. somewhere, myungsoo knew sunggyu didn't notice these things.
 
"don't you notice that you spend way more time with woohyun than dongwoo, you're actual boyfriend? don't you notice how much he's hurting because of you? sunggyu, he loves you. he loves you so much that he doesn't want to get you mad and he keeps everything to himself, everything. and even if he doesn't see you everyday, he's still happy that he gets to be known as "sunggyu's boyfriend" and i think that's all dongwoo wants."
 
myungsoo sighed, and rubbed his temples with his two fingers, "please talk to dongwoo. talk it out, i hate seeing him like this; so broken. my singing can't calm him down forever, he needs you the most."
 
--
 
dongwoo looked down at the floor, ("wow we really need to clean up here") growing a sudden interest at the little lines going down the floor. 
 
"what do you mean?" dongwoo mummbled, his hands nervously playing around with his shirt.
 
"the jealousy, the hurt, woohyun, not spending enough time with you, yeah. care to explain?" sunggyu asked, moving closer to dongwoo.
 
dongwoo looked up at sunggyu for a moment, and sighed. "i'm sorry gyu, i really am. i couldn't be strong and ignore the jealousy and the pain and hurt. i tried too, i really did hyung, please believe me!"
 
"i just didn't like it whenever you and woohyun spend so much time together talking about everything you've done with eachother, when we haven't done much. i let myself get jealous, but then i take it all back because i love you, hyung, and it doesnt matter if we do anything or not, as long as you're mine i'm happy,"
 
"i just can't help but get jealous, i'm sorry. i've been trying to fix that, and i understand you have homework and work to do, hyung, so that's fine. i don't want to take up anymore of your time, ignore what myungsoo said. please hyung? don't get mad." dongwoo whispered the last part, biting his lip to prevent himself from breaking down right in front of his boyfriend.
 
"i just miss you a lot. and seeing you at the ice cream shop with woohyun, when you said you had to finish your essay and study for midterms soon. it hurt a lot, but don't worry hyung, o-okay? i promise i won't let this get to me anymore. promise."
 
and dongwoo realized he said all of this, refusing to look up at sunggyu. he surely didn't expect for sunggyu to come over to him and hug him. no, he didn't expect that at all. nor did he expect to find sunggyu tearing up right in front of him when he did; sunggyu was always strong and never would shed a tear for anyone. 
 
"aish, dongwoo-ah. w-why didn't you ever tell me this? i-i didn't know you've been hurting all this time in our relationship." sunggyu said, as he held dongwoo close to him, his hands trembling as he tightened his hug with dongwoo.
 
"i-i didn't want you to get mad that i-i don't understand and then you might break up with me." dongwoo mummbled against sunggyu's chest, sniffling. 
 
"aigo, dongwoo-ah. of course i'd never break up with you. i-i love you so much, and i'm sorry i'm possibly the worst boyfriend ever. literally. i'm sorry that i'm so oblivious to everything i've done to hurt you. i didn't even realize how much you've been hurting, dongwoo. i-i'm so sorry." sunggyu muttered into dongwoo's ear, his voice shaking, threatening to break any minute.
 
dongwoo shook his head and wiggled his way out of sunggyu's grip, so they were face to face. "don't blame yourself, gyu-ah. please don't. i don't care how much pain i'm in, nothing matters as long as i'm yours and you're mine, okay?" dongwoo said, his smile finally breaking through on his face. and at that, sunggyu broke down crying, muttering "i don't deserve you dongwoo-ah" over and over.
 
--
 
and now sunggyu and dongwoo are practically inseperable, until they reach there seperate apartments and part ways, but they're always texting or on the phone talking to eachother whenever they get inside.
 
sunggyu wakes up extra early to make dongwoo breakfast and bring it over to his apartment. sunggyu takes dongwoo out somewhere nice every friday night. sometimes they cuddle with eachother over at sunggyu's house, and when sunggyu and woohyun talk about whatever happened between them before, dongwoo knows that now sunggyu was his, and he tries his best to ignore them. but sunggyu takes notice, and limits the talk, quickly changing the topic onto something else.
 
dongwoo doesn't fall asleep crying anymore, but he still makes myungsoo sing him to sleep ("seriously hyung? how old are you?") and even though myungsoo whines about having to sing to him, he does so anyway. he's happy that he could finally see that sparkle in dongwoo's eyes from when they were kids. he's happy that dongwoo's happy again. and myungsoo threatened sunggyu that if he ever hurt his hyung, he might as well hurt him.
 
sunggyu and dongwoo love eachother. and they celebrate there first year together cuddling at home. dongwoo requested for sunggyu not to go all out, because recently sunggyu's been spending quite a lot of money on dongwoo after the confrontation. so they kept it short and simple, watching tv on the couch, until woohyun and myungsoo barged into the room with a cake and balloon.
 
dongwoo loves sunggyu, and the way he looks like a hamster. and how small his eyes are. he loves sunggyu's eyes. sunggyu yells at dongwoo at times for saying he has the worst ever, but dongwoo smiles and simply replies, "but your is mine and only mine."
 
dongwoo will admit that sunggyu wasn't the best boyfriend, but he wouldn't want anyone else.