Training at the Battle Club!

Truth VS Ideals

"Okay, explanation now," Minho simply said as the others were over their initial shock at the situation at hand.

"Well, one example is our differences in clothing and our lack of knowledge of your "technology" as you mentioned," answered Victoria as they all look at the differences in their clothing and the five girls looked around the strange building they were in. 

"Are you sure you're not from a village from around here? I mean, being from another time period seems over the top," suspected Onew as he tried to analyze the situation.

Sulli shook her head, "We're from a Kingdom, not a village."

"The Kingdom of Truth," spoke Krystal for the first time since the five girls had arrived. The boys were at a stump at such a name for a place, much less a kingdom.

"There's one way to find out for sure," muttered Onew.

"And what would that be?" questioned Key, looking at the Connoisseur.

"Call Professor Juniper. She might know something about this Kingdom than what we can figure out at this point," answered the brunette before standing and heading towards the rows of video phones at the other side of the room. The four boys began to follow, leaving the women confused at what was happening. They quickly wanted to leave, however, their Pokémon were all recovering at the moment and they surely cannot leave them behind after what happened earlier.

Meanwhile with the boys, Onew was waiting on the rings before seeing the face of a young woman with tied up light brunette hair, wearing a lab coat on top of her normal clothing.

"Onew, it's been awhile since you've called. Seems like the other boys are doing fine as well," answered the professor, taking notice of the other boys as well.

"Guess what, Minho and I got our first badges! We're here in Accumula Town to get some training going against the Nacrene City gym," exclaimed Jonghyun as showed his Trio Badge along with Minho.

"That's great to hear from you two. I wish you good luck on your future gym battles," responded the brunette with a smile.

"We're getting our of subject here," muttered Taemin before speaking up, "Professor, do you happen to know anything about the Kingdom of Truth?"

"Of course! That's one of my main focuses of research! From what I know, during the ages where the humans began to exist among Pokémon, there were two kingdoms: The Kingdom of Truth and The Kingdom of Ideals. Both kingdoms each worship the legendaries of Unova. The Kingdom of Truth was under Zekrom while The Kingdom of Ideals was under Reshiram. They never had gotten along so they were constantly at war. The Idealists had only one king in solid power while those of Truth was a royal family. That's all the information I have fore now. As far as I know, there's no clear information of what happened and who won," explained the brunette.

"Thank you so much Professor. We appreciate the explanation," complemented Taemin.

"No problem, may I ask why you asked for information?" questioned the woman curiously.

"It just caught our interest and we wanted to know more about it," answered Jonghyun, half lying about it. The others just looked at him, a bit amazed how he can come up with such an excuse on the spot.

Professor Juniper was a bit suspicious about it. Knowing Jonghyun's attitude when she heard from her father meeting the boy in Mistralton City, most things never come out good with Jonghyun around. However, she decided not to question it further, seeing how even everyone else didn't want to discuss it any further.

"Nice to know you had a bit of interest in history there," commented the woman with the other boys holding back their laughter in the background. Jonghyun glared at the four travelers.

"Professor, I'll send these guys off since I need to talk to you in private," answered Onew. The others looked at him with strange looks but shrugged it off before heading back, leaving the connoisseur to chat with the woman.

Jonghyun look at the others, "What was that about?"

"Maybe Onew needed some private time if you know what I mean," snickered Key.

Taemin frowned at the answer, "But the Professor is a bit old for Onew plus he's a bit dense in my opinion for a relationship."

Key's eyes widened at the breeder's comment. "Oh no! You really understood what I meant?! You're growing up too fast!" He hugged Taemin, who was trying hard to breathe from the really tight embrace.

"Blame Jonghyun. He's been talking to Taemin too much," commented Minho. The Coordinator glared at the brunette, who now had a worried look on his face.

"Hey, don't pit this on me!!" argued the trainer. Key certainly didn't look convinced while Taemin was finally able to break free and catch his breath.

"Really? Says the most erted one of the group!" answered back the blonde. Before an argument can break out, a flash of long brunette hair stood between the two.

"I would be grateful if you do not speak such words in front of the Queen," said Victoria glaring at the two boys. The boys were worried but at the sametime, curious by what she meant.

"Sister, please! I should not be recognized by such title while we are here and I do not want our new companions to become even more confused than they already are!" shouted Krystal. Victoria looked at the younger in shock, surprised by how outspoken the girl had become in that moment. 

She bowed in front of the youngest, "I am sorry by my actions, My Lady. I did not mean to offend you."

Now the four boys were even more stumped at the matter. Krystal sighed. "I appreciate if you refer to me by my actual name, Victoria. We should be grateful that these men have helped us so far in our troubles."

"The question now is where do we go from here?" questioned Luna. The four boys continued to look at them curiously. However, a grin formed on Jonghyun's face.

"We'll believe that you girls are from "the past"....for now," the ladies looked at the brunette curiously. "If you want to start somewhere, then come with us to the Battle Club!"

"The Battle Club? Is that some type of festival?" questioned Sulli curiously.

"Actually, it's a facility where you can train your Pokémon and battle other trainers to help them gain more experience," answered Minho. The girl were even more confused.

"Battle trainers? What does that mean?" questioned Amber, raising a brow.

'This'll be tougher than I imagined.' Though the black haired trainer. "I'll be much easier if we show you rather than explaining. I'm pretty sure your Pokémon are fully healed so why don't we go retrieve them and we'll head to the facility together."

When they all went to go retrieve the girls' Pokémon, they were amazed at how perfectly fine they were. It would usually take days for their Pokémon to heal, even minor wounds. When Luna asked, Nurse Joy happily replied as she explained that she couldn't have done it alone without Audino. Luna curiously looked at her own Audino, thinking about she could try to help the Normal type in enhancing her healing abilities incase the others were to fall into trouble anytime soon.

After that, they headed straight to the Battle Club facility. The five girls were amazed at how large the building was compared to the outside. Jonghyun quickly looked around before spotting Don George, the owner of the Battle Club, and convinced the elder if the group could watch a few battles before facing their own. The man didn't mind and lead the group of nine, including the girls' Pokémon, to one of the large training areas. They soon came face to face of one trainer with a Darumaka battling another trainer with a Drilbur. So far, everything was going well in Drilbur's favor. The girls and their Pokémon were taken aback by the events unfolding.

"Is this battling?" questioned Sulli in surprise along with her Glaceon.

Minho nodded in reply. "Exactly. Battling other trainers helps in gaining experience with their Pokémon and also helps the trainer in understanding what went wrong in battle and what they should do the next time around they battle another trainer. There's specific rules in battling, especially if you're challenging the Pokémon League."

"Pokémon League?" questioned Amber.

"Right, the League is a test of strengths for trainers and Pokémon. The objective is to battle eight Gym Leaders that are scattered around the different cities in the region. If you win, they each give you a badge, representing it and showing your accomplishment of winning them. Once you collect them, you challenge the Pokémon League, a tournament against the strongest trainers. Whoever wins gets to battle the Elite Four, who are a lot stronger than Gym Leaders, and once you defeat them, you battle the Champion, the strongest trainer in the entire region," explained Jonghyun.

"Sounds like something Amber would do," commented Victoria. Amber actually smiled at the idea.

"Darumaka is unable to battle!" yelled Don George in the middle of the field, grabbing their attention. The girl with the Drilbur jumped in joy as she hugged the small Ground type.

Meanwhile, the other opponent sighed before taking out a pokéball. "Darumaka, return." The Fire type was surrounded in a red beam before it disappeared into the ball. The five girls were amazed at the sight.

"What is that item?" questioned Luna. Now the boys were confused once more before Taemin cleared his throat, grabbing their attention.

"That's a pokéball. It's an item that stores one of the Pokémon the trainer has. Each trainer is ny limited to carrying six Pokémon in their team so pokéballs are very convenient to use. Also, you can catch wild Pokémon and even trade Pokémon with other trainers. But the most important part about it is that a pokéball ensures that the Pokémon you have is rightfully yours. If you all don't have pokéballs then we could run into a lot of problems. You see, you obviously won't encounter trainers like us all the time. With that, there could be trainers who will try to catch your Pokémon in terms of looking for one with sheer power, battle it, and capture it. It's just the way a lot of people are. So even if you're hesitant about it, it might be a good idea to get a pokéball and "capture" yours so no one can take them from you by force."

The five girls looked at each other with uncertainty before looking at their Pokémon, who were quite confused about the idea.  They were already scared out of their wits from somehow time traveling but encase their Pokémon into sphere containers? As much as they would love to deny that, they can't help but think about what Taemin said. Were there really trainers like that who would take their Pokémon because they're still considered wild without a pokéball to claim them? They were quite unsure at what to do.

"Next up for a battle is Jonghyun versus Amber!" called out Don George from the other side. The said short haired female was stumped. Was she really called out to battle?

"I sign your names on the list. If you want to make it by here, you need to learn how to get into a proper battle. I would've battled with Jonghyun but you girls are our number one priority at the moment," answered Minho, grabbing their attention.

"Hope you're ready to show what you got. Even if it's your first ever real battle, just give it 100%!" commented Jonghyun as he grinned at Amber. 

She looked at him with curiousness before smirking. "Alright. Challenge accepted!"

"Did she really speak out of word?" whispered Sulli towards Luna.

"Well, believe it or not, you should know by now how Amber acts when she's determined," responded th light brunette.

"I have a question," responded Krystal. Everyone looked toward the youngest. She sighed. "If battling requires a pokémon's moves, how would Amber know which moves her Pokémon knows?"

The boys facepalmed at this while the other girls were confused. What were Amber's pokémon's moves anyway?

"Here, I'll show you," said Minho as he took out a strange looking device. He pressed a button that made it slide, revealing a screen before revealing a picture of Amber's Pokémon with some strange writing the girls couldn't understand.

"Krokorok, the Desert Croc Pokémon, and the evolved form of Sandile." The girls and their Pokémon jumped at the sound of the monotone voice that came out of the machine. They quickly calmed down and soon saw that  it wasn't anything harmful.

The voice continued. "The special membrane that covers Krokorok's eyes detects heat, which allows it to see in the dark."

Minho pressed a button before giving the device to Amber. "This is a Pokédex, short for Pokémon Index. It provides information of all the Pokémon that reside in this region when you encounter it. It also gives you the full stats of your own Pokémon, including which moves it uses. You might want to use it to see your Krokorok's moveset. Don't say them outloud though. You might give Jonghyun some advantage."

The girl curiously looked at the screen. Although she didn't recognize most of the writing on the screen, she was however able to read the moves that her Pokémon uses. Most of their writing language wasn't as advanced and complicated as it is in this time but being able to at least read her Pokémon's moves was quite useful.

Minho held his hand out before Amber could give back the Pokédex. "Hold on to it for right now. You want to look in a bit more information of the Pokémon Jonghyun's gunna use."

Time went by in a flash as Jonghyun and Amber were standing on the separate sides of the field with everyone else on the sidelines, observing carefully while Don George was refereeing the match.

"This will be a One-on-One battle between Jonghyun and Amber. The match is over when the Pokémon from either side is unable to battle."

"Okay Krokorok, let's try out best in our first battle ever," said Amber with a supporting look. The Dark/Ground type smirked.

"Kro Kroko!" replied the Pokémon with a look of determination before stepping onto the field.

"It seems that Krokorok is willing give his all to win his very first battle," commented Krystal's Gardevoir. The other boys jumped at the sudden talk from the Pokémon until they remember that Luna explained that Gardevoir was able to use Telepathy.

Jonghyun smiled as he held a Pokéball his hand. "Good to see that you're determined because we're not giving up either. Come on out and show your firery spirit Roggenrola!"

The pokéball was thrown in the air as the girls and their Pokémon carefully looked at it to see what would happen. The pokéball opened and was surrounded in a bright light before a blue colored laser hit the ground and formed a figure. Soon enough, it faded revealing a small rock looking Pokémon with a feet but no hands and an antenna like structure in its head.

The boys we completely in shock and confused at the same time before Key called out in anger. "Are you serious Jonghyun!!!? You're going to use Roggenrola against Krokorok!!!? YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!"

the other girls and their Pokémon covered their ears until the blonde stopped yelling. Once finished, they looked at him in confusion.

"What's wrong with Jonghyun using Roggenrola to battle Amber's Krokorok?" questioned Victoria as she asked the other girls' question.

Taemin sweatdropped before answering. "Well, Roggenrola is a rock type, which has a huge disadvantage against Krokorok's ground type moves. Krokorok using just one ground type move against Roggenrola could be fatal. Jonghyun has to be careful and extremely lucky to win this match."

Amber repeated what Minho did with her Krokorok and looked at the Pokédex.

"Roggenrola, the Mantle Pokémon. Roggenrola's body contains an energy core which is as hard as steel from being compressed underground." explained the monotone voice.

"Don't worry! Roggenrola needs some serious training and plus rock types aren't the only moves we know. Amber, since it's your first battle, you have the honors of going first and don't worry, battling will come to as an instinct!" called out Jonghyun.

Amber nodded at this. "Alright then, you ready Krokorok?"

The Croc Pokémon nodded with energy.

"Let the battle begin!" yelled Don George.

"Okay. Krokorok! Start out with Stone Edge!" commanded Amber. The Dark/Ground type was surronded by a hoard of rocks before sending them straight to his opponent.

"Roggenrola, dodge it! Then follow with Sandstorm!" called out Jonghyun. The Rock type scaved by with dodging before emitting out a large Sandstorm, causing Krokorok to shield himself against. Amber remained calm even though she felt a but frustrated.

"Krokorok, hang on and hit back with Crunch!"

The Croc Pokémon listened carefully to his partner's commands. Once the sand stormed cleared, Krokorok wasted no time running towards Roggenrola.

Jonghyun smirked. "Clever, but not quick enough. Roggenrola, Iron Defense!"

Roggenrola gained a sheen of silver all around its body. Krokorok hit, but was pushed back by how difficult it was to get through Roggenrola's defense.

"I have never seen such an attack," commented Victoria, looking quite impressed at Jonghyun's skills.

"Iron Defense not only protects Roggenrola from an attack but also gives him a good boost on his defenses," answered Taemin.

"For once, Jonghyun's actually thinking things through," commented Key.

Minho nodded. "That's because Jonghyun nearly got beaten in Striaton City when the two of us wanted to battle all three. We were only able to battle Chili and Cilan since we heard Cress was judging the Pokémon Contest. So the battle was Two-on-Two, you lose when both Pokémon on either side are unable to battle. I did better just using Sawk to defeat both Chili's Pansear and Cilan's Pansage, but Jonghyun had a harder time. He did well against Pansage using Tranquill but then Pansear threw Jonghyun completely off his game. His only other Pokémon was Roggenrola, who's also extremely weak to Fire types, so Jonghyun winning that battle was miracle. After the battle, they gave a quick hint about the Nacrene City Gym Leader, Lenora, and her constant tricks she uses to throw the challengers off. She's unbeatable the first time around until the trainer helps get their Pokémon stronger to challenge her again. Jonghyun wants to train Roggenrola for when the time comes."

The two continued to battle without letting up. However, both Roggenrola and Krokorok were low on health.

"You're not bad Amber. How about we end this match in a bang?" questioned Jonghyun.

Amber smirked. "Have it your way. Krokorok finish with Earthquake!"

"Time to end it. Roggenrola use Flash Cannon!" commanded Jonghyun.

Both Pokémon gave out the their strongest attacks as the Earthquake had a very strong magnitude while Flash Cannon aimed straight for the Dark/Ground type. A explosion was heard and everything was covered in smoke. Everyone had to cover their mouths and noses to make sure they didn't inhale the smoke. It quickly disappeared thanks to the AC of the facility. On the battlefield revealed to be damaged by the Earthquake while both Roggenrola and Krokorok were heavily damaged and panting heavily. There was a few moments of silence before Krokorok winced and fell to the floor with swirls in his eyes.

"Krokorok is unable to battle which means Roggenrola is the winner and the victory goes to Jonghyun!" announced Don George.

Jonghyun kneeled down towards Roggenrola, who was quite worned down and feel onto his trainer's lap. "You did great despite the type advantage Roggenrola. Now you take a good rest."

The brunette took out Roggenrola's pokéball and stored the Pokémon back. He stood up and was face to face with a pleased Amber carrying a tired out Krokorok.

"That was really exciting for my first ever battle. Goes to show how much Krokorok and I have much to learn and so does the other girls and their Pokémon," explained Amber.

Jonghyun smiled. "That's the spirit. Let's take Krokorok and Roggenrola to the Pokémon Center to get healed. Hopefully we can work out something with your pokéball problem."

Amber paled a bit at the idea but continued anyway. "S-sure. Hopefully we'll work something out."

"And while you two go get healed up," interrupted Minho as the others approached the two and he looked at the other girls with a small hint of the mischeif in his eye, confusing them. "Taemin, Key, and I will help train these girls here so they could have a chance to battle too."

The other four girls and their Pokémon looked at them in disbelief. It was quickly broken when Victoria answered for them.

"I beg your pardon!?"

--

And chapter finished. Sorry that it took a while but whatever floats your boat. Not much to say this time around. More stuff about the five sisters will be revealed later on and I mean way later on. Next time is the real start of the main story plot! So comment, subscribe, and thumbs up this story!

Next time: They're Here! Introducing Team Plasma!

Bye guys!