Contest Time! Part II

Truth VS Ideals

Key entered the stage with large smile on his face. He waved towards the audience before bowing to show his appreciation. The crowd cheered as they prepared for what might seem to be a great performance. Even with the hidden nerves inside, Key couldn't have been anymore happier to be on stage in front of hundreds of people cheering for him and his Pokemon for an incredible peformance. In the midst of the audience, he was able to see some figures that he was able to recognize. He even felt the rest of his nervousness dissolve from seeing them.

'I can't believe that the rest of the guys actually came here to see my performance and cheer me on. Now I have to show everyone my hard work,' thought the blonde in excitement.

"Make sure to do well and win this contest Key!!" cheered Jonghyun along with the rest of the adventuers sitting on either side of him also cheering the Coordinator. Key made a nod to answer the others as well. The blonde sighed as he became completely focused for his performance.

"Now Gothorita! Take the stage and show off your skills!!" shouts Key as he thew his pokeball in the air, releasing the psychic. The pokemon did a couple flips in the air before landing in a balanced pose. The audience cheered even louder at the pokemon's enterance.

"First, start off with Charm!" commanded the blonde as the Pokemon obeyed willingly. The psychic's expression became more cuter even with some sparkles that appeared from no where adorning her cuteness so well. The audience "aww'ed" and complemented about the Pokemon's appearence.

"What a great way to start a performance! Able to show Gothorita's cute side is a great way to have such an attention getter toward the audience!" complements Lildian.

'Great, I got everyone's attention. Just as according to plan. I hope Gothorita will obey through out the performance though since she doesn't tend to listen during a standardized battle with trainers.' "Alright Gothorita! Focus your energy on those rocks and use Telekinesis!"

The several small and large rocks that were placed on the field gained a purple aura encircling around them. Soon enough, the audience became amazed at how the rocks we able to be lifted up in the air in such matters. If it was the average battle, the Pokemon would use the closest object that would set damage but under this kind of situation, Key's Gothorita was focusing on all the rocks around her and lifting them up high in the air. Although even the psychic was becoming worn out over the use of much energy to lift them all, she didn't back down one bit of it. The psychic type didn't like battling believe it or not mainly because of her previous owner using her as a battling machine to get her to evolve much more quickly since she was first caught as a Gothita. She left her owner due to having enough of battling so much without rest. Gothorita however, didn't expect to meet someone like Key. It was after the whole Unova League ordeal when the blonde was at a loss with no where to go. Professor Juniper decided to send over her assistant, Sunny, a few items to the blonde to continue on at least his Pokemon Journey. He was given a few pokeballs and an upgrade to his Pokedex.

From that, Key decided to travel outside Nimbasa for a few months of exploring. Eventuallty, he came across that Gothorita who's always given him quite the handful since he first caught it. When he sent her out on their first battle together against a random trainer, Gothorita didn't listen and instead, climbed up a tree as her message that she was refusing to battle. When the time came Key was coming up with a strategy for his first contest, he decided to convince the psychic to compete in the Appeal round since she didn't have to battle and only to show off her moves as a form of talent. The blonde was very surprised when the psychic came through with it and decided to train for a routine performance.

"Now throw them high in the air!!" commanded Key with hints of excitement in his voice. With all her strength, the psychic type threw the rocks up to the point where they reached up high in the stadium. Everyone was in awe at the Pokemon's move.

"That Gothorita of his has so much strength," comments Jonghyun with a surprised expression.

"I wonder why it never wanted to battle before. Those moves are worthy for battles," responded Minho with a raised brow.

"If I believe correctly, remember when Key had that one battle on his way to Striaton and sent out Gothorita? It refused to battle at all and didn't listen to Key's orders. By evaluating between then and now, I believe that Gothorita is pleased with showing off moves rather than using them to attack. It seems to be more in sync with Key now. They're a very good combination," explained Onew.

"It's nice to know that even if Gothorita doesn't like to battle, it finds something else to bring out its potential in terms of power," said Taemin.

As the rocks started to fall, Key commanded for the psychic to use another move, "Now use Psybeam and aim for all the rocks!"

Gothorita was shrouded in a purple aura as in her hands started to form a glowing purple energy. It grew large enought to where she appointed her cue to throw it up in the air, cause the ball to split up into several rays as if they were meteorites. All the rays hits every rocks into very small pieces, showering the stadium in bright sparking rocks that were all shrouded in purple aura as well from the attacks effects.

"Now finish this with Rain Dance!" shouts the Coordinator as the Pokemon's hand obtained a blue color and raised them to the sky. Clouds were forming around the stadium and soon enough, rain fell on the entire statium, giving the tiny rock more of the glow as well as the water droplets. Gothorita stood in a pose to finish off her performance.

There was a moment of silence before the entire audience erupted in cheers and claping. Key saw that even his friends were cheering loudly among the audience. He made a small smile, trying is best to hide all of his excitement and not to make a fool out of himself and his Pokemon.

"Such a magnificent perfomance! Not only giving a special taste of Gothorita's sweet charm, but as well as her firey strength and incredible ability!" comments Cress from the judge's panel, 'I remember that guy from a few years back. He didn't like to travel because he was more comfortable being in a city than sleeping out in the woods or something but he did it to raise his Pokemon and surely raised them all well. Especially for this.'

Key waved towards the audience once more along with his Pokémon before the two bowed and returned backstage in the waiting room. Once they reached there, a good amount of the competitors even clapped and cheered for the blonde.

"Awesome man! If they don't choose you to go to the next round then they're completely out of their minds. Props to you!" said one of the competitors. Key's face flushed. He was never used to so much praise before, especially when he was the League.

"Pfft! That wasn't even a perfect performance!! It was hardly original and his Pokémon wasn't completely insync with him," commented Yoona with a smirk on her face. Key shot a short glare at the brunette.

"Wow, you're just hating on him because he had a better performance than you. Only someone who was really jealous would make such fake and pointless excuses," responded the same Coordinator. Yoona's face turned red of embarrassment before she death glared at the two and left to her dressing room with a scoff.

"Heh thanks a lot," said Key as he offered his hand to the person.

"You're welcome man. The name's Bom and I'm from Accumula Town. A pleasure to meet you Key," responded the red head Coordinator as she shook hands with the blonde.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! It's time to announce the following Coordinators who will be moving on to the second round! Here are the results on the big screen!" announced Lildian as the screen from not only in the stadium, but in the waiting room showed the top 8 going to the next round:

The first one was Yoona and her Maractus, second was a girl name Alice from Castelia with a Cottonee, third was another girl name Jennie from Mistralton with a Swanna, fourth was a boy name Maru from Opilucid with a Deino, fifth was Bom with her Pignite, sixth was another boy named Samuel from Nuvema Town with an Axew, seventh was a girl name Nauen from Driftveil with her Minccino, and last but not least was Key and his Gothorita.

"Well what do you know kid, we're both making it to the battle rounds," said Bom with a smile.

Key was completely still for a few moments. Truth to be told, he was completely awestruck from the results.

He. Was. Moving. On. To. The. Battle. Round.

Instead of screaming his head off, he started to jump around and squeal in glee. Bom looked at him with a raised brow as if a little kid finally got what they wanted for their birthday. Key looked at the red head with a rather large smile, which was actually creeping her out.

"I'm actually going to the next round, Bommie! This is so exciting!" shouts the blonde. Bom felt embarrassed for the guy plus she felt a bit uncomfortable being given a pet name.

"Why it's not such a big deal or anything unless because it's the very first Contest or something," responded the red head.

"But it is a big deal! Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to compete in contests so now I can become a top Coordinator  and now being here means one step closer," explained the blonde. Bom couldn't but smile at how much the guy really wanted this. She was only here to try out the experience.

"The pairings for the first round of battle have been decided! Here they are!!" announced Lildian as then screen showed the four battles that will occur:

Bom vs. Nauen

Key Vs. Alice

Jennie Vs. Maru

Yoona Vs. Samuel

"Aww~ I really wanted to battle you Key. It would've been a great turn out to see how you mix in style with raw power," commented the red head.

"Coming up for our first round is Bom versus Nauen!!" announced the host.

"That's my cue. Wish me luck kid," responded Bom towards Key before leaving. The blonde waved back as she left to the battlefield. The set up was a grass type field, creating a great advantage for those who have those types of Pokémon.

Nauen stepped on her side of the field with a sneer, "Oh please, a graceless and unworthy person from a backroads town like you shouldn't compete in contests. Now, watch my beautiful Deerling shine!!" The brunette released a small pink and cream deer like Pokémon. Even the Pokémon had a snobbish look to it as well.

"Really now? Commenting like that means you have no class. You'll just end giving your city a bad name," responded back the red head, "Darmanitan, I need your assistance!"

Truth was, the girl ended up getting shaken by the size of the Pokémon. Bom smirked, "Surprised? Incase you're too stupid to figure, I specialize more in fire types. So bad choice in picking a Pokémon with grass as a secondary unless you have something to fend off fire type moves."

Let's just say that Bom ended up sweeping the floor with Nauen. Every time she called Deering to attack, Darmanitan dodged with ease making her lose points and once the fire type started attacking, well...

"And the winner in a matter of 00:55 left with all her points still remaining is Bom and her Darmanitan!!" announced Lildian. Bom cheered and praised her Pokémon while Nauen growled and stomped off the stage to avoid anymore embarrassment.

Key looked at the screen with happiness and a bit of worry, 'She's good. Makes me question who she'll use if she's matched up with me...'

"Next up is Key versus Alice!" announced Lildian.

His friends started chreering loudly as Key approached the stage to meet face to face with the platinum blonde girl. His opponent looked rather happy to battle her match unlike Bom's.

"Okay, Herdier, I'm counting on you!" shouts Alice.

"Alright, Scraggy, time to get this show running!" shouts Key

The two Pokémon met face to face at the ready.

"Herdier, start of strong with Takedown!" commands Alice.

"Dodge Scraggy! Follow with Low Kick!" ordered the blond with precise commands.

The small fighting type avoided with ease, dropping the female's points, followed by the use of the fighting type move that not only deducted more points, but caused good amount of damage to the dog Pokémon as well.

"Herdier's level seems to be higher than Scraggy's, however, that doesn't mean that it's not affected by Scraggy's type. Normal type's are weak against Fighting types," explained Onew. Taemin nodded as he was listening to the elder, however, Minho and Jonghyun were to busy cheering for the blonde since they haven't actually seen an official battle from him even if it was for a contest.

"Herdier use bite!" yelled the platinum blonde.

"Poor Alice must be in a panic. She should know dark type move's are weak against a Dark/Fighting type like Scraggy. She must not be used to this type of battling style," commented Taemin with a frown.

"Counter with Focus Punch!" commanded Key.

Even with the differences in power, Scraggy was able to land a critical hit on the normal type. Herdier howled as it landed to the ground with swirls in it's eyes.

"Incredible! Herdier is unable to battle and with 00:29 left on the clock and all points remaining, the winner is Key and his Scraggy!" announced Lildian. Key quickly grabbed the small Pokémon and gave him praise before Alice came up to him with her hand out.

"I am pleased to have had this match against you Key. You've had me learn a lot on trying to improve on my battling style," said the platinum blonde with a smile. The blonde male returned the smile and shock hands with the girl before the bothe exited to the back stage.

The next set of rounds went by faster as Maru's Emolga defeated Jennie's Swadloon. Yoona's Serperior outbeat Samuel's Dewott. Then the Semi-finals came as it was Bom versus Yoona and Key versus Maru

Key entered the back room with a sigh of happiness as he once again used Scraggy to battle against Maru's Elgyem. An easy victory to say the least since Scraggy was immune to any of Elygem's psychic attacks. However, the blonde frowned when he saw Bom with a worried look, trying to comfort Samuel who looked like he was about to breakdown at any moment.

"What happened?" questioned Key with concern.

"That damn Yoona chick is what happened! What's her problem!? Once she beat my Darmanitan with her Tirtouga, I came to to cheer up Samuel since he was still bummed out about his match and she came in telling us that we're worthless trainers who don't even deserve to have Pokémon and should just release them instead and said other things I shouldn't mention around younger coordinators," explained the red head clearly making the blonde pale. He was paper white for a few moments before his face turned fire red in anger.

"That's it!! I had enough of her damn attitude! Just because she made Top 16 in the League a few years back and trained in a Pokémon School doesn't mean she's anything special!!" shouts the blonde in rage.

"Now for our final round of the contest is Key versus Yoona!!" announced Lildian with the audience cheering.

"Speaking of the devil," muttered the blonde before taking out a certain pokéball, "I didn't want to use this Pokémon yet because it's a rarity to Unova and even to it's own native region but after what Yoona said to you guys, I'll make sure to give her a battle she'll never forget."

"What Pokémon is that?" questioned Samuel as Bom was also confused.

"A present from my father when he was out adventuring in the Hoenn region. He may be young but his attacks are pretty sharp and perfect for battles," responded the blonde before heading to the field, "I'll win for you guys! I promise!!"

Once he made it to the stage, he met face to face with the one person that sickened him to his stomach. Yoona only smirked.

"Didn't think you made it this far. But don't worry, I'll make sure everyone knows how much of an embarrassment you are," sneered the brunette. The blonde glared at the girl.

"I'll make sure pay for what you said to Bom and Samuel," responded Key while trying to remain calm.

"As if! Those two were weaklings and nothing more. Just like you," spat back Yoona.

"As a twist for the final round, this will end up being a double battle!" announced Lildian, causing everyone to cheer in excitement.

"Heh, now I get to embarrass you double the amount," commented Yoona, "Now Duosion! Purrloin! Show off your gracefulness!!"

"Unlike you, I have a major surprise up my sleeve! Go and show your skills!" shouts Key as he sends his two Pokémon.

Everyone, even Yoona was surprised to see one of Key's Pokémon. It resembled a bit of a canine with white fur, claws, are piercing red eyes.

"What is that thing!?" questioned Yoona in disgust.

"Wow folks! It seems like Key has an Absol! Not only is it very rare in Unova but is also a rare non legendary in its native land in the Hoenn region!!" shouts Lildian, pretty much answering Yoona's question.

"Whatever! It looks pretty weak to me. Duosion use Psychic on that thing! Purrloin, use Sand-Attack on Frillish!" ordered Yoona with a smug look.

"Frillish dodge!" commanded Key as the Water/Ghost obeyed. Yoona gaped when she saw that Duosion's Psychic had no affect on Absol.

"Maybe you should go back to school, Yoona. Absol is immune to any Psychic types. You're at a disadvantage," smirked Key. His friends were cheering even louder.

"Way to go Kibum!" shouts Jonghyun with a grin.

"Looks like City Boy thought this whole thing through," commented Minho.

"Or maybe his fit of rage towards Yoona didn't actually backfire..." responded Taemin as he sweatdropped.

Yoona was growling as the situation, especially when she saw her points deteriorate.

"Damn it..." muttered the brunette, "Purrloin! Use Pursuit on Absol and don't stop! Duosion, use Rollout on Frillish!"

Key gasped at how fast Duosion his Frillish, causing him to lose points, however, he took notice of a a dark aura surrounding Frillish as it disappeared the moment he saw. He points started to drop more as Purrloin kept hitting Absol and actually causing damage even though it's a Dark type move."

"Key better do something fast because he has less than half of his points left and only 00:45 seconds remaining!" announced Lildian. However Key smirked at this. 

"Looks like I win! Duosion, finish Frillish with Rollout!" shouts Yoona as the Pokémon was about to attack, however, it flinched as it tried to use the move but it was no use.

'Perfect timing.'

"What are you doing Duosion!? Hurry up and finish off Frillish!!" commanded Yoona. Key chuckled, making Yoona look at him in question.

"Frillish has the ability Cursed Body, making Duosion not able to use Rollout anytime soon. By the way, thanks for helping out Absol activate his ability Justified, which all his dark type attacks increase in power if he's taken damage to any dark type moves." answered Key, "It's over! Frillish, Water Pulse at Purrloin! Absol, er Punch at Duosion!"

The two Pokémon sent out the two strong attacks at Yoona's Pokémon at they were damaged and thrown near the brunette, who screeched at the sight. Purrloin struggled to get up while Duosion had swirls in its eyes. Just like that, the timer ringed, indicating the match was over.

"That's it folks and the winner of the Striaton City Pokémon Contest is.......Key from Nimbasa City!!" shouted Lildian. The audience was cheering and clapping like crazy. Key felt numb for a moment before it finally hit him hard. He smiled and cheered loudly as he ran to his Pokémon and hugged them both, much to their surprise.

"Thank you so much! You two were awesome!! And we actually won the contest ribbon!" cheered the blonde. The Pokémon soon started cheering as well, congratulating each other on their teamwork.

Yoona was fuming is anger and embarrassment. 'I lost to a low life unintelligent trainer like him? Unbelievable!! I cannot accept this!! When we met again, I'll make sure to crush him!!!' she stomp off the field furiously and in embarrassment.

Lildian came up to Key, who was done cheering his Pokémon, "Key, the judges of the Striaton City Contest and I are proud to present to you this contest ribbon. Four more and you get to compete in Unova's very first Grand Festival!"

Key smiled and thanked the host as he received the red, blue, and green colored ribbon.

Once everything was over, the blonde was in the back room getting ready to leave before he was hugged by both Samuel and Bom.

"Key! You were so awesome!! You definitely showed that girl a thing or two!" shouts Samuel.

Bom nodded in agreement, "Agreeing to that! You're going to be tough competition for sure if we ever met again in another contest."

"KEY!!!!" the three heard a loud voice before the blonde was tackled to the floor by his four other companions.

"That was awesome!! Your battling was worth coming here!" shouts Jonghyun with a grin.

"Just in awe right now!" comments Taemin.

"A perfect battling combination of Frillish's dark style, Absol's raw power, and your battling strategies equaled an exciting conclusion!" complemented Onew.

"Now that we're done and over with, let's go to Nacrene City to challenge the next gym leader and so Key can get to his next contest in no time in Nimbasa!" announced Jonghyun.

"But Jjong, after our first battle, we'll need to train really hard. I heard Nacrene's gym leader is not only strong, but sneaky as well," explained Minho.

"If you guys are up for some training, why not go with Samuel and I to my home in Accumula Town? That's the closest Battle Club and you'll get good experience out of it," explained Bom as she entered the conversation.

"Alright then. Why not we all stay at the Pokémon Center for tonight and we head to Accumula straight in the morning?" thought Taemin. Everyone nodded at the suggestion.

"Agreed!"

--

 

I-I actually wrote a long chapter!!? //dies

Yep, told you that this needed to be split up into two parts and had some KPop cameos. Bom and Samuel will be important side characters for later. With that, ends Key's introduction of his part of his journey. Next chapter is the start of Jonghyun's and Minho's introductions and the surprise you were all finally waiting for.

Truth to be told, I was actually planning for Taemin to have a Scraggy but gave it to Key instead for terms of variety plus, he'll need a fighting type for something important later. I plan for everyone else to have a Fighting type Pokémon as well or a Pokémon who can use fighting type moves. You might know why when the time comes.

With that, subscribe and comment the story!!

Next time: From the Sky!? Surprises in Accumula!

Later!!