10. Dropping by

It's Me!

Chapter 10:

---

 

Yeongji sighed in relief as half of the day was finally over. Now, she only had to worry about the afternoon meeting with the event coordinator for the launch they were holding the day after in Silla Hotel. 

 

The days had progressed steadily and it seemed that she and Niel had been texting more frequently these past few days, she wasn't complaining or anything. In fact, she was really in a chipper mood because of it.

 

 

A knock on the door stole her away from her own train of thoughts as she focused her attention on the door. She wasn’t expecting anyone so who could it be. She knew that it couldn’t be Shin-ae since she was in Japan for a business trip, it couldn’t be Joongki as well since he’s doing a fanmeet in Guangzhou.

 

She tried to rack her brain as she headed for the door. Turning the knob, she opened the door ajar and peeked out.

 

He smiled naturally as he held a bag of muffins and fresh coffee with him. Yeongji’s eyes widened, totally not expecting to see him, obviously, Byunghun had a knack of making her surprised every time she sees him.

 

“Hi!” he greeted, and for a moment she just stared at him blankly. “Hey…” she seemed to be distracted and this only made him chuckle in amusement.

 

“Aren’t you going to let me in?” he teased and she finally snapped out of it. Yeongji moved aside and opened the door wider to Byunghun to enter.

 

He walked towards the couch at the far end of the office as he settled the food down on the coffee table.

 

Yeongji sat next to him making sure there was a good distance between them.

 

“Just wanted to check up on you” he immediately explained his reason for visiting. “I was really worried the other night when you suddenly left” she bowed in apology upon hearing this from him.

 

“Mian…” was the only thing she was able to say. “Are you okay now?” he asked with genuine concern and for a minute there, she really thought she was going to waver. His eyes stared deep into hers as if he had totally meant it.

 

Again, Yeongji mustered up all her will power to pull herself together.  Hajima.

 

She flashed a confident smile towards him, “Don’t worry about it, I’m okay now” and with this, Byunghun took hold of her hand and cupped it in between his two hands.

 

His hands felt so warm, she had an intake of breath at his sudden action. “If there’s anything that is bothering, know that I’m always here. You could count on me” and ended with his ever so perfect smile.

 

Just then, her phone rang and he didn’t miss the caller ID flashed across the screen as she picked it up.

 

“Hello?” she greeted on the line.

 

“Hey~ Just checking if you’re still alive”

 

Yeongji laughed lightly at his statement, “I’m still holding up just fine”

 

“Are you busy tonight?”

 

“Hmm… that depends, why?” she teased and Byunghun who was sitting next to her wasn’t all too happy with the current situation playing out.

 

“I was thinking of going to dinner, are you free?”

 

“Well, the meeting ends by 6 so…” she told him through the line.

 

“I’ll pick you up at the hotel then?”

 

She couldn’t help but smile, he even knew where she was going to be. Okay, so it made her feel a bit giddy and all.

 

“Arasseo” she answered and after biding each other goodbye, she ended the call.

 

“Sorry about that” she apologized towards Byunghun and he just gave her a forced smile, “Are you free tonight?” he asked all of a sudden and she looked at him.

 

Thinking about Niel, she replied, “I have to go somewhere tonight” and he beamed, “Some other time then”

 

Things are getting way too complicated for her. If only Byunghun would stop showing up everywhere, she could have her peace of mind.

 

It was proving to be more difficult as she felt like she and Niel were hiding from everyone. She wasn’t really sure of their current relationship, good friends? Or something else? Niel seemed to be caring for her too much and to think that they’ve only knew each other for a short period of time.

 

---

 

 

The meeting finally ended. Yeongji hurriedly packed her stuff and headed for the lobby of the hotel. “Aren’t we excited” the event organizer commented at her enthusiasm to get out of the meeting room right after the session ended.

 

She grinned, “I have an appointment after this” but the woman smiled knowingly at her. “By appointment you meant a date, right?” she teased and Yeongji laughed airily feeling the sudden awkward atmosphere.

 

“It’s not really a date, I’m just meeting up with a friend” she explained and the woman just nodded. “If you say so” she shrugged and she bid Yeongji farewell, “Don’t forget to bring him to the event” and waved at her.

 

She shook her head in amusement as they separated ways.

 

She walked briskly towards the entrance and just on cue, a black sedan pulled over the lobby. The window on the passenger’s seat rolled down and revealed Niel. He pulled down his sunglasses and beamed at her. She smiled happily in return as she hopped on.

 

Hopefully by the end of the night, she could pluck up the courage to invite him to the party. 

 

 

TBC.

 

Sorry guys, this was totally a super super super late update. :((