Introduction of Don't Love Me

Don't Love Me

 


    


         


    

                    

` (   DON'T LOVE ME  )

                    

 CHAPTER ONE : INTRODUCTION OF DON'T LOVE ME


 


 "Yuri! Yuri! Wait for me,” someone calls for me and runs as fast as he can like a light on a rainy day towards me and I know who is he for sure, every day I spend my time with him, so, I’m familiarize with his voice, his deed and he is Yong Hwa. Yong Hwa or his full name is Jung Yong Hwa, he is my neighbour, my friend and my partner when playing around but he is not my boyfriend. He can’t be, I treat him like my own big brother not more than that. He is Jung Nam Woo son, the famous businessman in South Korea as well as my father. He is the only son of Jung family and he just a year older than me and so, I’m not calling him ‘OPPA’ because of it. I always thought he has same age as me. I hate when my friends teasing me ‘Yong Hwa is Yuri boyfriend and what so on’.

            “Yong Hwa! Why are you suddenly call me like a mad people in front of the others in this canteen?” “Yuri-ah, can I go back with you today,” he pants taps his own chest. “Just only that thing you want to tell me. But why and where is your driver?” All the gratis questions come out from my mouth. “I don’t know, he just said he had a family matter and my father is not around while my mother went somewhere for company matter, so no one can fetch me today, can I?” “Of course! Our house is just next to each other,”

            I leave Yong Hwa alone because the food has call for me for zillion times and my hungry stomach make me lead the canteen counter. I take some sandwiches and pick a glass of cold drink then pay them. And because of Yong Hwa, I’ve to eat alone today. All my friends have left me and Yong Hwa can’t be with me in the same canteen just because he is a boy. Boys and girls are separate. So, never mind, I will do anything just to fill my hungry stomach. The music in my belly was stop that’s mean I’ve to stop eating too. I lead to my class and luckily my teacher is not around yet. I sit on my chair, sitting next to Jong Min, a very keen girl. Everywhere she goes she will bring her books although she didn’t read it. Wearing a pair of glasses with a cute face is enough to make all the guys want to be near to her but not Yong Hwa. I don’t know why. Enough stories about her.

            Il Joo, my class president comes in with a pile of exercise books on his hand. “Attention to everybody! Ms. Kim is not around today and she had left this work to us. Make an English essay and hand it on the table by tomorrow morning. Thank you for lending your ears to me,” he says with full of dedicated. I just make the plot and not going to write it in the school because the next class is too noise and make me hard to write the essay. I love the peacefulness.

            “Kring!!!!!” the bell rings long as usual as the sign of ‘Go Back to Your Home Sweet Home Now!’ I run out and wait the driver to arrive under the sun ray. It is a sunny day and I fell very hot and then someone gets an umbrella for me, “Oh, you!” “Yup, me! Why don’t you bring your own umbrella after this?” Yong Hwa asks. The driver arrives on the perfect time, so that, I don’t have to listen Yong Hwa lectures at me. The driver is my saviour today. Love it!

            We get home together. Yong Hwa and I grow together. Since our parents are very busy with their works in office, we always spend our time together since we are children. I’m the only child of Kwon family. My name is Kwon Yuri and I just 16 this year. As well as in our childhood, we will make our own activities on every evening. We will take a stroll around the park behind our housing area. We repeat it over and over every day but if raining, we not.

            Until one day, Yong Hwa and his family come to my house. They tell us that this is the last Sunday they are here. They will move in other town ‘Busan’ because of the company matter. At first I’m okay because I think I still have enough time to spend with Yong Hwa but actually not, the time runs very fast and now is already Friday. Tomorrow my family will bid a goodbye for his family. The time arrives and they are already moved for real.  Yong Hwa moves to Kyungnam High School. I’ve no more friends, no more partners for playing and everything I’ve to do myself. I feel my life is empty; both my parents are busy with their works in office and not taking much attention to me. I’m neglected.

            We are still in touch. Sometime when there is a public holiday or school holidays our family will gather together again. Our parents plan to engage me with Yong Hwa on my 20th birthday and will marry me to him when I finished my study. I can accept it because I think it just like a toy. I just simply agree without thinking any further. I’m okay with Yong Hwa. He is the only boy that I know all this time so, he can be my husband on that time.

             I go through my day alone until I finish my study in high school. Now I’m 19 and I’m an officially a teenager, my parents said like that. Stay at home alone with my loyal companion, my laptop, surfing the internet and reading everything that look good on my eye while my parents are busy working. That is my daily routine. I’ve made an application to further my study in some university, but I don’t know which one I will get. I just follow it. Suddenly, I heard someone stop in front of my house gate, I peep out through the windows in my room, I pull the curtain slowly and look at outside. I see someone put an envelope in the post box. “It is postman!” I think. I stay in this house with a maid who always treat me the best and a gardener that always makes sure the landscape is always clean and arranged.

            I walk out of my room and straight away go to the post box to pick up the envelope then go upstairs again. ‘To: Miss Kwon Yuri’ “It is mine,” I say alone. Without wasting the time I tear the envelope up and see what the purpose of the letter is. I read it nervously; it is about the university offer. “Yay! I’ve got it,” I jump as high as I can happily. I wait until my parents get home. “Omma, appa! I’ve got it.” “What is it?” “The university offered!” I show the letter to them. “Where is it located?” “I think I forgot to read where it is located omma,” I chuckle. “Hmm… Kyungsung University in Busan. Too far from here, honey! If Yong Hwa still there, he can take care of you.  In this case, we have to live separately by the time,” says my mother, grouchy.

            “It’s okay omma, appa! I’ve to learn how to survive when I’m alone there. I can’t every time rely on you both. I’m almost adult now. Please trust me this time; it is about my future life.” This end of month I’ve to register in Kyungsung University. I got very nervous since I never being apart from omma and appa before. This is my first challenge I thought. I start packing my entire necessary thing day by day. I try to wash my dress and do everything by myself to make it as a habit. So, I will not get ‘Cultural Shock’ when I got there.

            30 days are over now. My parents bring me to Kyungsung University today. Before that, I’ve made a call to Yong Hwa to inform him I’ll register in university today. He is now in Korea University of Technology and Education, graduate in business and science social and this year is the second year for him. I arrive there early and straight away leading to the hall where the register is on. I give my name and my offered letter to the mid-year lady in front of me. She asks me to follow a girl in green shirt like ‘Go Green Campaign shirt’. Maybe she is my senior. I follow her with the file that I got just now, slumber.

             She takes me to the dormitory area and leaves me there without mentions any words including her name. “Arrogant girl!” I think. My parents also follow me. In my room, there are two residents including me. There are some bags on the bed next to me, which means she arrives first. When I’m going to bid a goodbye to my parents, a girl come in and smile at me. I smile to her back and give her a sign that I want to go downstairs with my omma and appa for a while. She just nods.

               After my parents are going home, I go upstairs back to greet my roommate. She is arranging her book on the table. I don’t want disturb her at this moment. I unpack my bag and arrange my clothes in the locker also my books, I load all of them on the study table. After we finish up all things, I greet her, “Hi! I’m Yuri. Kwon Yuri.” “Oh, hi! I’m Seo Hyun. Nice to meet you,” she replies me. We both bow together. “So, you in what course?” she asks me with a smile for some more. “Business Administration,” I say, simple. “Oh yeah, me too. That’s good; we can go to the class together and be a good friend.” “Oh, sure! I’m going to take a bath first.” I pull my towel from the hanger next to my bed. “Okay, you go first, my turn is after you,” she smiles again.

                After I take a bath and dry my hair up, I open my laptop and search some more information about Kyungsung. All here are interesting, especially the library, so huge and lot of books there. Wow, fantastic! After finish search for the information, as usually, I read the fanfics on the internet while Seo Hyun is taking her bath. I doesn’t realise she is out from the bathroom and looking on my computer screen too. She pats my shoulder, “You like to read fanfics?” “Aha!” “I like to do that too.” After an hour, I shut down my computer and we go to sleep early to wake up on the next morning, having the orientation day.

                “Yuri-ah, wake up my friend, it’s already 6.15 a.m., we have to set off early, you said you want to stroll around first,” she shakes my body. “Okay, okay!” I walk to the bathroom with my sleepy eyes, I rub it. I clean myself and wear my orange shirt with long black ladies pants. Seo Hyun wears in blue. We go out together and lock the door, heading to the café in front of this classic dorm building, take a simple breakfast, sandwiches and milks. We walk to the academic area; we found many new things here. I feel very excited when we are in front of the library. I pull Seo Hyun’s hand to go inside. I am agape with the cleanliness, arrangement and everything in the library. “Wah, this would be cool!” I say quietly. “Yuri, let’s get out our orientation activities will start soon.” “Okay but we must go here then,” We lead out and go for the hall that we first arrive yesterday. The orientation is not bad.

                  My day is just okay although at first I was a bit ‘homesick’ but busy with the class now. Every day spend my time with Seo Hyun although I’ve got many friends here. Day passes rapidly and I can’t even realise the movement of the time. I study against the clock only for success. Today is about three months I’m here.  My friends and I got an assignment about ‘business world’ from our lecture. I call her behind as ‘Mrs. Moody’. All because sometime she is like a mad woman but sometime we all fright to her. This time her mood is not very good because she gives all of us with different assignments.  Mine is very hard and this time I’ve to do it alone because Seo Hyun’s assignment needs her to make an observation outside the campus.

To be continued....

                    


 



 AUTHOR'S NOTE : Done capter one.. subscribe and vote make me happy a lot.



                        credits to fallen angel