Revelation

Perks of Being an

Do you know what’s worse than waking up with a hangover?

Waiting for your idiot of a friend to wake up from his hangover while you suffer from a hangover.

 

I don’t even remember how I managed to survive the rest of the night. Just thinking about what happened makes me want to swear out loud and stomp on Junsu’s face. But I’m a nice guy so I have to relax and be calm.

 

Breathe in. 
Breathe out.

 

Here’s what happened after Junsu’s terribly humiliating flat-face-falling moment. The rest of the gang was still on a high – Daesung took the opportunity of fumbling through Junsu’s contact list to get the number of the girls while the idiot lay motionless on the table.

 

“C’mon man, I only want Tiffany’s number!” he pleaded, displaying his most ridiculous imitation of a duckface, when I snatched the phone from his hands.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

The fool nodded and pointed at a laughing brunette at the other table. As if that wasn’t enough, the idiot has to add another to the list of the most embarrassing things he has done in his life. Daesung stood up and flailed his arms like an intoxicated flamingo – successfully catching the attention of the girls on the other table. I needed to pull him down with both my hands and strap him securely into his seat with my left leg so that he would not do such stupid thing again.

 

Unfortunately, Lady Luck wasn’t on my side. Or maybe Fine Arts students are really designed to be that way – y’know, being confident and ing sure of themselves because they know about their effects on my kind. The Tiffany girl, in all her fitted shorts and leather boots glory, marched towards our table. It was enough to send Daesung into a panicky high, convulsing like a dying camel on his seat as Tiffany talked to me.

 

Yes, to me.

 

Tiffany pointed to a girl standing on a dimmer part of the room. “Jessica wants to ask you something.”

 

It was all she ever said before she sashayed back into their table.

 

What happened next was the most humiliating experience I ever had in my entire life. Daesung let out a hell- creepy whine, like a dog getting ran over by a steam roller, and bit my arm.

 

HE. ING. BIT. MY. ARM.

 

God.

I genuinely like these guys (heck I spent five years of my university years with them!), but sometimes, one needs to literally hit them with an iron fist so they’ll at least get a bit of decency in a public place. Dae is a useful thesis partner but I still feel guiltless at the huge bruise I imprinted on the side of his face. It was, after all, the only thing which brought him to his senses.

 

Damn.

 

My arm still hurts right now, y’know. Next time somebody brings any drink with high alcohol content within five meter radius of these idiots, I will demand a letter from the Civil Court stating full responsibility on the damned person who brought the drink.

 

So anyway, after pacifying him for a moment, I composed myself and strutted to where the Jessica girl was waiting. The blonde one, the one who tried to outstare me, that’s her.

 

As I tried to recap memories of where I had seen her face, the image of a smiling, brown-haired girl will always pop out along with it. Tsk.

 

“You want to ask me something?”

 

Ah, I am always at awe on how I manage to look and sound cool even with all the ery that is going on inside my head.

 

What I said a while back on how one must not smirk at a bunch of ladies unless you’re intending to impress one of them, it still stands true. For the life of me, I didn’t understand why my stupid, goddamned lips arranged themselves automatically into a smirk when I stood in front of Jessica but all I knew is that she threw me the scariest, sharpest, most horrifying glare I have ever seen someone throw at me (which is rare because I only get shy smiles and winks and… you get it).

 

“If you ever played with Sooyoung, I’ll shave your head, skewer you alive, rip your balls and feed them to the dogs. Understand?”

 

She was smiling oh-so-sweetly when she said it and it only added extra dose of fear into my bones.

 

WTF is wrong with this girl? I don’t even know her friend that much!

 

“I understand.”

 

DAMN, SHIM CHANGMIN! IDIOT!

 

“Okay then.” She smiled again. “I think you’ll have to bring Su home. He’s out cold.” And then she walked back into their seat.

 

Just. What. The. Actual. . Did. I. Get. Myself. Into.

 

Even if she didn’t say it, I was really planning on hauling the boys out of that wicked place. I could not fathom what would happen to the remaining shreds of my sanity once they start going crazy again.

 

 

Damn.

 

I told you.

 

It was one of the worst nights of my life.

 

“Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin.”

 

At last! After one hour and forty-ing-five minutes of open-mouthed drooling and staring into space, the noob is finally fully awake.

 

“Waaaaaaaateeeeeeer---AAAAAH!”

 

You ask for water, there goes the water.

 

“YAH! What was that for?”

 

I wonder if I should get another glass to pour over him.

 

“Who else knows of this love letter ?” I know I shouldn’t be grabbing his collar and shaking him to and fro at this dazed state of his but a man needs an answer.

 

“Wah—weh—what?”

 

“That. Letter. Sooyoung. Gave.” I always enjoy how Junsu pales visibly when I speak through gritted teeth. “Just how many ing people know about it?”

 

I have never seen Junsu looked this nervous. Somehow, the look on his face made me nervous, too.

 

"I-I don't know." His voice fell a few decibels softer. "But I saw Fine Arts Class A and B hovering over a pink letter the other day. I heard the school paper editor and the debate team captain talking about it with her too."

 

He grinned guiltily. "A-and... she read it to me the day before she left for Japan."

 
 
 

...

 
 
 

Blink.

 
 
 

...

 
 
 

Can I swear? Just this once?

 
 
 

Breathe in, breathe out.

 
 
 

...

 
 
 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
I don't have any pride left to face the world.
 
 
 

A/N: SURPURAISU :D and then I'll wait for another year before I update this again :)))))