Shot Session

Perks of Being an

Where the hell are the babes?

It has been over three hours already but still no eyecandy in sight. The only female I see is the  ahjumma busy keeping money behind the counter.

I know said I don't really care but c'mon, men are visual creatures. Besides, what fun is a boozefest when all you have around you are a bunch of retarded geeks who get drunk on two bottles of soju?

Kim Junsu, I'm looking at you.
I like this guy but there are times when I feel like giving him a nice bruise on his cute, little face.

"But then he sheyd he was juzz teshting whethuurr they're ekshpayrd. Eun kyang kyang!"

The rest of the gang joined in the laughter and I could only give a snort (which ended up as a half-smirk) as he ended his story about the time he caught our teacher sniffing naphthalene balls in the lab room.

This must be the two hundred and seventy-fifth time he repeated this story but everybody reacts as if he's telling it for the first time. It might be the alcohol getting on their brain. Or it could also be his laughter.

Because to be honest, Junsu's laughter is oftentimes funnier than his stories.

I poured down the remaining soju on my glass and called the waiter for three more bottles. I feel like ordering another plate of samgyeopsal but thought the better of it. There are eight of us on the table and though half-drunk already, all of them are sober enough to grab food when they see one. Well, except maybe for Junsu.

But still. I don't like competition.
Might as well get them drunk so that they'd leave me and my food alone.

The waiter arrived with the drinks. He set them on the table, asked for additional orders, and left immediately when I shook my head. Good service.

Hmmm... how did Junsu find this place anyway? It isn't actually very shabby at all. Round tables. Chill out music. Dim lights. Food and drinks at the right price.

But the place is reeking of testosterone and I am now very, very bored.

I've heard at least eighty percent of Junsu's stories and that includes this story he's telling right now about his high school years and how he never goes home without pen marks all over his uniform.

Was about to chug down an entire bottle when a group of laughing girls entered the bar.

Well, hello there sweet peas.
Time for some eyesight exercise.

I see skin. Woopdeedoo! Heaven is listening!

Legs. Legs. More legs. Aw, why is that long-legged girl wearing pants? Hmmm... pretty. Too innocent-looking. Cute. But what is that ing heavy make-up? Oh, look at those torpedos. Heehee. Nice . The short one is quite curvy. Holy frap, the blonde one saw me!

Oh. So you want a staring contest, babe? I never lose on this.

I raised the bottle to my lips and started downing the drink, still keeping eye contact. She flinched and looked away. HAHAHAHA! I won.

The rest of their pack has seated themselves already but what is this? The blonde girl said something and ALL of them looked at me.

I took one look at ten pairs of eyes before casually shifting my attention to the guffawing freaks in front of me.

...

I can still feel them staring.

Sigh.
This isn't new to me, y'know.

I looked back and gave them my I-see-you-checking-me-out-but-let's-talk-about-it-later smile.

Smile.
Because you do not smirk at a bunch of ladies unless you are intending to impress one of them. Smirks mean challenge and smiles are play-safe, unassuming... and nice.

The freaks must have noticed the girls because they sat straight and stopped acting like animals. I leaned comfortably on my seat and was about to nudge Junsu to  share another joke when the dork stood up and walked away.

Towards the girls' table.

The rest of the gang watched in awe as the pint-sized noob sat casually on an empty chair and chatted with them. Lol, Junsu. He is always the first one to get drunk but I never thought he'd be brave enough to do daring things like this.

I went on finishing my drink nonchalantly.
Still watching the scene from the corner of my eye.

Wow. It's been over twenty seconds already but he's still not being shooed away.
More surprisingly, it feels like they're actually having the time of their lives talking with him.

No fair.

I was about to stand up and “casually leave for the bathroom” when the douchebag returned to our table. No sooner had Junsu seated himself that the table started rocking violently from the not-so-subtle kicks the rest of the boys are giving him.

"Keeck me again and I wonn bee givin' you thuur numbersh!" it was slurred speech through gritted teeth but the rocking stopped immediately.

I shook my head at their shallowness and looked back at the other table. Oh hey, the blonde is still looking at me. She then took one last look before turning her attention back to her group.

Hmmm...

Somehow, I think that I have seen her before.
I just can't remember where.

Her face is really familiar.

"Hey Su..."
He looked at me with his face scrunched up. "Neh?"
"Who are they?"

I have his attention all to myself now as the rest of the gang are fighting over his cellphone.

"Wha?" He had this dazed look in his eyes. I'm giving this douche three more shots before he completely blacks out.

"Who are they?"
"Aaaah... them? Heeheee..." he glanced at the girls' table before resting his chin on the table. "You don really... rememb'r them?"

"No."

I have to catch his head as it lolled carelessly along the edge of the table.
"Kekeke, why?"

I don't even understand why I'm wasting time talking to this buffoon.

"They rememb'r you... they said hi. Heehee..."

Glare.

"Heehee... Min, why you shoo shiriush tonight?" Junsu sat up straight and grabbed his phone swiftly from an unprepared Daesung. “wtf Junsu?”

"They're fine arts shtudentsh..." his voice rose a few decibels before continuing. "...Shooyoungie's classhmatesh..."

...

Crap.
I suddenly had a strong urge to kick myself for asking.

"They're ashkeeng if..."
"That's enough."

I don't want to hear the rest of the sentence.

"...you've read Shooyoungie's love letter oready... heehee..."


.

He gave me a lazy smile before falling flat-face on the table.

I ing hate you, Kim Junsu.