The Meeting

Perks of Being an

We met.

Of course if I have to tell you how it all started, then I have to start from the very beginning. I mean, the beginning beginning (even before I got hold of this letter that I'm holding right now). And for purposes of clear communication, I will refrain from using any sarcastic comments lest some of you will misread things and I will need to explain everything again. Such a good life I live.

In as much as I would want to give a detailed narrative of how our paths crossed, I just can't. For one, I don't even remember how we actually met. All I know is, we just did.

I cannot even remember if we actually met in broad daylight, or who's with us when that happened, or where exactly did it happen. Come to think of it, we have a rather different kind of meeting. You know the kind wherein you almost always see this person on random places and at first you do not really notice it but then suddenly she has become a familiar face to you and you to her and then when you happen to cross each other's paths again, you smile to one another because it felt like you already knew each other when the whole truth is that you don't even have a clue who the hell the other person is? Yeah, that kind of meeting.

But there are also other factors apart from that. Well, this girl, she is almost literally everywhere back in college. She's a member of the art club, I know because I've been to their exhibit once (it was a requirement to pass humanities). She's also in the debating team (they are really few so they're also really 'known'), a member in the school publication (I read the paper so I can recognize a name when I see one), a student volunteer (this is connected to a longer story, I'll tell you next time), and basically, someone who knows half of the people I know in college even if we are literally living away from each other's worlds.

Oh, I almost forgot about her connection to Junsu.

Damn. Junsu. THAT'S IT! I got it now. She is the girl who instantly jumps on Junsu and kicks/punches/scratches him every time they see each other in school. And I mean, every-in-time. Animal Rights Workers won't be too happy.

God, how can I forget that?

Okay, I remember now. Well, sort of. Since we weren't really formally introduced to each other. I guess she's the kind who doesn't need introductions, anyway. She's just the type of person wherein you find yourself waking up one day and knowing about her existence.

Creepy, if you ask me. Primary the reason why I'm a bit more talkative today than I usually am.
Picture this, you're an engineering student and then suddenly this student from a different department who didn't even share a single class with you becomes your acquaintance. Well, of course that will be fine for you. Unfortunately, I'm no you and you're no Shim Changmin. Being Shim Changmin, withdrawing from the world in general is a way of life. And that the only reasons why you'd stick your head out of the shell are food and family (they provide the food, remember that).

Because I find it a bit weird to establish relationship with someone I have no direct contact with, I'll leave it to your imagination how my face looked like when I saw Yeonhee this morning, parading across the streets with a nest on her head as a lame excuse for a hair, stop in front of my house to hand me this letter. Pure glee, my dears.

And that was before I read it. Thirty-five minutes and twenty two seconds after, I now reach the end of this paragraph and my face is still unreadable.

I still do not know how to react. As for now, it's a mix of proud, confused, glad, indifferent, bothered, and hungry. More of hungry, to be honest.

Information process is still buffering.
Maybe I'd take a bowl of ramen first and then I'd be able to give a better reaction.


The hell.

Choi Sooyoung.
Now your name's stuck on my head.