CHAPTER 9: SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

Girlfriend for Rent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara’s hand are shaking as she finish putting on mascara. She’s was so not used to putting make-up, she almost stabbed her eyes. But it was a good thing she brought her vanities with her. If not, then she’ll look ridiculously plain and totally irrelevant on the extravagant dress and heels – contrary to its price (or, so what she thought).

 

She really hope that witch will be there, or this whole set-up will be a massive waste. At least, now she’s a little bit confident of her appearance. She intends to make her feel miserable, she let go of Donghae.

 

Donghae.. She breathed out. Why is her heart constricting whenever she remembered that plan? The plan to make Jessica Jung jealous, so she could be crying back to Donghae’s hand, because apparently the bipolar is still in love with her.

 

“Sandara..” Donghae knocked through the close bathroom door. She felt her heart doing somersaults with just his voice alone. She doesn’t know if it was because they snuggled with each other all afternoon in front of his Super Junior friends, that she’s feeling this way. She just hoped that its nothing serious.

 

“Just a minute” She said in a singsong voice. She stuffed her eyeliner, lip gloss, cheek tint and hairbrush back to her vanity bag. Once again, she observed herself critically at the enormous bathroom mirror of Donghae’s slick bathroom. A smile forming at the side of her lips as she mentally applaud herself.

She looked better than that time she tried the dress on and she already looked stunning back then. The dress was truly a perfect fit to her, emphasizing her tiny waist and usually-nonexistent chest. The four inch heels complimented her slim legs very well, adding to her 5’3’’ frame. Moving on her face: wavy brown hair, soulful eyes and a lush pink mouth. She’s blessed with a glowing porcelain skin, and she’s beyond grateful for that.

 

All in all, her looks are of unconventional, head-turning quality and much ready for the battle ahead.

 

She walked across the room, slightly stumbling for she’s not used to wearing high heels, but she fought her own self. She’s supposed to be a perfect girlfriend. Unlocking the door, she was welcome with the sight of Donghae slouching by the nearby wall and seemingly waiting for her.

 

He looked outrageously gorgeous in black pants and open semi-formal tuxedo. But when does he not anyway? The guy could wear a paper bag around his privates and make it look branded. Becoming aware of her presence, he looked up to her. His eyes widen at the sight of Park Sandara, sliding down to the length of her body as if his gaze was actually touching her.

 

“Let’s go?” She asked, calming her nerves at the sight.

 

“Uhh.. okay” he replied, still obviously awestruck. Sandara had left him almost speechless. The amount of surprises Sandara had given was beyond that he ever imagine.

 

----====----

Dara

 

Let’s me just begin by saying that there are two sides to every story. And this is my side.

 

The fake one.

 

With Donghae’s hand intertwined on mine, we ambled down their staircase.  Lee Eomoni was waiting for us down. The moment we reached her side, she smiled at me.

 

“You look beautiful, dear” I sheepishly muttered my thanks. I actually feel a bit overdressed, but Donghae and Mrs. Lee are not complaining so I brushed the thought aside. Mama Lee, went out the back door where our other guest are waiting and we followed suit.

 

At the garden – seriously, Donghae’s house is so huge I will not be surprise if they’re petting some elephants somewhere – my eyes caught sight of some of the people who’ll come with us. Some of Super Junior stayed for the visit. There was Jungsoo Oppa, Minnie, Hyukjae, Siwon and Kyuhyun. And of course, the surprise guest! Standing so beautiful in white dress, I thought she’s an angel at first, but then that would be ridiculous, since her attitude say otherwise.

 

“Noona! You look so pretty!” Kyuhyun eyes sparkled as we approached them. I glanced at the other boys and they were looking at me at the same manner. Wow! Am I really that pretty?

 

“Thanks”

 

“Nice clothes” Jessica added from the other side, but it sounded like a sneer to me. Tsk. This rhymes-with-witch.

 

“Yours, don’t look bad” I smiled at her as sweetly as possible. Her beautiful arched brows, twitching at my reply.

 

“Let’s go” Donghae suddenly scooped my shoulder close to him and dragged me to his car. At the corner of my eyes, I watched in full pleasure at Jessica’s jealous face because Donghae didn’t even mutter a single word at her.

 

So Lee Eomoni, Sungmin and I occupied Donghae’s SUV. Jungsoo Oppa, Hyukjae and Minnie occupied Siwon’s X6. Jessica is on her own car alone. Bwahahahahaha! Here’s a change, buy yourself a friend!

 

I noticed that Super Junior is quite aloof to her. Well, I do remember that Jessica cheated on Donghae with a friend. Maybe, they hate her? Or maybe, they’re distancing themselves away from her evil radius? Whatever it is, I’m happy she doesn’t have a single supporter..

 

Oh crap. I’m suppose to help them get back together.

 

 

 

 

“I still love her… I still love Jessica” Well, that’s just plain crap.

 

“You love her? Then why am I here in the first place? You should just went  back with her” I argued but my heart constricted at each words. I felt my lungs grasping for air, like I’m suffocating or something. Maybe because we’re in a high place and  stuff that the amount of oxygen in here exponentially decrease.

 

“I can’t” he sighed, looking heartbroken more than ever. I immediately darted my eyes back to the panoramic view of Mokpo, I can’t stand the look on his face. I could tolerate him, being bipolar, from nonchalant-pokery then smiling cutely. But this one? I could not bare.

 

“Why is that?” I cleared my throat, my eyes still looking at the breathtaking view upfront. But what Donghae told me had left me more breathless.

 

“She cheated on me”

 

I felt the side of my eyes stinging. Crap. I’m not going to cry! Why am I going to cry anyway? I blinked back the tears that were threatening to fall and I indifferently glanced back at him.

 

“She cheated on you, yet you still love her? Can you just spill everything so I could least think of a way to help you?” I mentally slapped myself. I don’t want to help him get back with that girl. But then again, I don’t want to see that pained expression of him.

 

“I went out with Jessica for 4 years. She was the first girl I ever asked out. My parents adore her so much. And so as my friends. But then I saw her making out with one of my friend. She apologized and I gave her another chance. The same mistake happened a couple more times. That one last straw was when I saw them on a hotel bed. I felt like a fool. Just like that, I broke up with her and then I moved to Seoul and had never return”

 

By the time Donghae finished talking, I already made a complete murder plan for Jessica. That one that involves a slow and painful death.

 

“3 years had gone by, but when I saw her at the mall earlier. All the pain came rushing back at me, and that’s just then I realize that I still haven’t move on. That I still love her”

 

Okay.. I’ll add dry ice on the list of my needed things. I’ll also be needing a blow torch, a peeler and some salt.

 

“So? Can you help me?” He gazed back at me. Uhh.. I could help you kill her if you want.

 

But dammmnnnn… who am I kidding? His eyes are pleading! If his eyes could talk, I bet they’re screaming something like ‘Help me! Help me! I want her back but I don’t know what to do!’

 

I’ll tell you what to do… why don’t you use your genius brain for this one? She fcking cheated on you! With your friend! In a hotel bed! And you still love her?! For goodness sake, have mercy on yourself!

 

But I couldn’t say that, could I? Not when he’s looking at me like he’ll broke down and cry. Nothing scares out a woman more than a crying, sulking man. You know why? Because they say boys don’t cry. So if a boy cry in front of you, then it means serious business.

 

“Hey.. I’m your fake girlfriend.. Of course I could help you out” I blurted out. This is my field of expertise. Helping had been a daily routine for me for the last past months, for my employer that is. He hired me as a girlfriend. I think it’s a girlfriend’s responsibility to help her boyfriend. Even if it involves getting back with his ex.

 

“I saw the look on your ex back at Lotte. She hates me. That’s probably because I’m your new girlfriend. That’s good news for you, since the both of  you seems to be possessing the same feeling” terrible feeling if I may add.

 

“Since she hates me. Let’s make that your advantage. You see, girls are born to be competitive with each other. Since she hates me, she’ll be doing her best to crush me. Thus, snatching you away from me. If that ever happen then voila! You two are back for good!” I applaud myself mentally for being nonchalant even if my inside are churning like crazy. I’m beginning to act like Donghae, that’s not good.

 

“You think so?”

 

I nodded positively “I know so..”

 

“Then how could you do that?” Why is he asking such obvious question? He does not have an IQ of 150 for nothing, right?

 

“I just have to make her green with envy.. That’ll spark the fire” I told him matter-of-factly. Oh.. I know this will work. I’ve been here a couple of times.

 

I heard Donghae muttered something, but it was inaudible.

 

“What? Did you say something?” I asked, drawing close to him. He immediately shook his head innocently, you know like a kid whose hiding something? I squinted my eyes at him.

 

“I didn’t say anything! I promise!” He said, he even dramatically threw his hands up in the air, promising. He looked even more defensive. But since it seemed that he didn’t want to talk about it, I decided to not pry on that anymore.

 

But then something disturbing (not really) poofed inside my brain. “So uhmmm..” I swallowed my rainbow puke, the thought alone had me so overwhelmed. “I-I guess, I have to k-k-kiss you” I tried to calm my nerves as I waited for Donghae’s reply.

 

“Sure.. As I told you, I really don’t mind, you could even kiss me on my lips” Lips. Lips. On my lips. Kiss me on my lips.

 

*SQUEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!          

 

Okay. Calm your , Dara. It’s still an act.

 

But KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Act or whatever it is! I got a chance to kiss Donghae! Huh! I’m sure my haters would hate me even more. Kekekeke. The Lee Donghae? I’ll be kissing Lee Donghae?! On his lips?!

 

REJOICE DARAHAE SHIPPER!! REJOICE READER!!

 

 

 

“What are you giggling about?” Donghae’s question pulled me back to reality. What? I’m giggling?

 

“I’m giggling?” I asked for I’m not sure myself. I was just thinking about our little talk at that beautiful pavilion, why would I giggle?

 

“Yes.. Mom, she’s giggling right?” he asked Lee Eomoni from the back. Mrs. Lee agreed with him, and so as Sungmin. Oh crap. Why am I giggling anyway?

 

“Ahh.. I just remembered something funny” I replied defensively. Donghae coughed a laugh, I glanced at him and he was smiling. “What was it?”

 

This jerk.

 

What if I tell you that I was giggling because this pretend of us is really funny? Huh? I’m sure you’re mom and friend at the back would love to hear this idea of yours. Note: Sarcasm intended.

 

“Oh! You know? That time when you fell on your at YSMG entrance. I don’t know. It just suddenly poof out of nowhere. Does your still hurt?” I lied, adding my concern-filled tone at that follow up question. Sungmin burst into surprised laughs from the back, while Mrs. Lee automatically went ‘Omo! My Son! My beautiful Son! What happen to your ?!’

 

Donghae immediately glare at me as we stopped for the red light. I just playful stick my tongue out at him.

 

Serves you right~

 

***

 

The moment the car stopped at that parking area, I knew Donghae will receive a lot of death blows later courtesy of an oblivious-to-everything girl named Park Sandara.

 

WE ARE IN A FREAKING MEMORIAL PARK!!

 

This morning, I woke up over a half- Donghae! I found out that I’m Babe! Donghae’s sudden change of personality! Me on a dress! The appearance of a perfect specie of an ex-girlfriend! The truth that he’s still hopelessly in love with her! The Urin Super Juni- ear-splitting ‘oyeoh’!

 

And now he’s going to tell me that his Father is dead?!

 

DEAD?!

 

It take a whole lot of willpower for me to NOT just pound him right to his driver seat. Seriously, the idea of him dead asap was so tempting, I started to question myself if I was a murderer on my previous life.

 

I can only take a certain amount of surprises! And what did he do?! He just crammed all his secrets on him and revealed it on me on one day. ONE SINGLE ING DAY.

 

I’ll be grateful though if he ‘confessed’ this little info about him earlier. I won’t care even if he informed me about this like ‘Hey.. Since you’re going to act as my girlfriend just  so you know my father is dead, yada yada’ as nonchalant as possible but NO! He didn’t say a thing. Nil.

 

Damn you, Lee Donghae.

 

“Let’s go” was what he said before stepping out of his door. Lee Eomoni put on this dark fashionable sunglass before following Donghae out.

 

“Dara.. You’re not going out?” Sungmin asked from the back. I felt the blood in my heart pumping a million miles per hour. I don’t have a single idea on what am I suppose to do.

 

And now, I’m absolutely sure I’m way overdress for this place. Why did Donghae let me wear this clothes?!

 

“When did Mr. Lee died?” I asked all of the sudden, staring at nothing. Minnie was quiet for a while. Probably baffled that I’m Donghae’s girlfriend yet I knew nothing. Suddenly, there was a knock on my window glass, surprising me. It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter