CHAPTER 10: HER POWERS

Girlfriend for Rent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey! Just wanted to say, that this chapter is a complete cliffhanger. Like totally! Mabibitin kayo ng bongang-bonga! I just need to update this because I'm afraid that my laptop would go whacko and deletes stuff. So anyway just to assure you, this is only PART 1. PART 2 will be on Monday.

----====----

 

“Yeh?” was the only sound he managed to utter before a flat petite palm hit came flying right to his face in raging speed.

 

SLAP!

 

One moment, Donghae was experiencing the strangest turn on of his life and then the next thing he knew, he was bouncing down to his bed, his left cheek stinging at the force of Dara’s hand.

 

“What the ?” manners completely forgotten, Donghae cursed right to her face. This is too much! Dara had hit him once again! He would understand if it was like last night’s, he admits that he acted like a completely jerk leaving her. But what about this time?

 

Dara gulped. Perhaps she overreacted a bit. “I.. uh..” she nibbled on her lip.

 

“You know, if you don’t like seeing me , you could squeal your way to my bathroom anytime you want. Why do you have to result to physical damage?” Donghae said nastily, cupping his stinging cheek. That’s just when Dara’s eyes widen in horror.

 

Mouth slowly ajarring, her eyes drop from his face down to his exposed chest…

 

Down to his rock hard abs..

 

She squealed, but it turned out to be a silent squeaked for she already draped her hands unto . If that squeal was a success, it will be massive enough to wake up the whole population on Mokpo-si. She abruptly turned around, hiding her now red as cherry face.

 

HE WAS HALF-?!

 

Donghae was now left completely confused. What just happened? He pushed himself up from his bed and walked towards his closet, Dara squeezing her eyes shut when Donghae passed her. She slightly opened her eyes, just enough to know what’s going to happen next. But what she saw was Lee Donghae, now completely clothed –THANK GOD – looking at her with clenched jaw.

 

Uh oh.

 

----====----

Dara

 

OMO! OMO! Ottokae?! I tried to  think of a possible way out of this room, and possible way out of Mokpo, as well, but my brain was spouting nothing but the fresh images of Half- Donghae in bed!

 

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!

 

“Look, maybe we need to clear things up in here” he said brusquely, it sounded y to my ears. What the?! Brain, stop. The urge of hurling my brains out was so tempting right now.

 

“Just so to be clear. This is MY ROOM. I could do whatever I want in here –and that includes taking my shirt off. Got that?” I absent-mindedly nodded my head, but my eyes was looking anywhere but him. I heard him sighed, “I guess, you’ll just …“

 

“I didn’t hit you because you were… looking like that “ I immediately mumbled, face flaming. Please, don’t fire me!

 

“… have to transfer to another ro –what did you say?” Donghae’s head shoots up. Wait.. what? He’s just going to transfer me to another room? So he’s not firing me?

 

“What did you say?” we both questioned at the same time. Flushing a little (Yeah, right), I repeated “I didn’t slap you because you were half-na–topless” is such word I wouldn’t dare to speak, especially while I’m with Donghae.

 

“Then why did you?” Donghae raised a brow.

 

Uh.. I scratched the back of my neck, nervous. Should I say it?

 

“I.. Your mother..” I stuttered.

 

“My mom?” Donghae asked probably impatient with my every pausation. Ugh, How should I say this?

 

“YOUR MOM CRIED AND SHE TOLD ME TO HIT YOU BECAUSE YOU MAKE HER CRY BUT I UNCONSCIOUSLY HIT YOU HARD” I confessed in one breath, I was left grasping for air after.

 

“What?” Donghae’s brow almost touch each other at his confused look. What? He thinks I’m playing?!

 

“Anio! I’m not lying! Go asked Donghwa Oppa if you want!” I threw my hands up in the air, and furiously shake my head. Donghae, although still looking skeptical, seems a tad more mollified. Well, I guess he believed me. Somehow. Although, it was just half the truth. There’s no way I’m going to tell him that Mama Lee told me to hit him because I cried. Yes, IT WAS ME. Remember that little tear I shed when Mrs. Lee thanked me for bringing back his son? That was when she said that Donghae need some good whacking for letting his girlfriend cry.

 

And of course, since my paws had been itching to hit that handsome face of him for hours now, I happily obliged. But I guess, the murderous aura from the afternoon’s shock didn’t disappear as I thought it was. I really slap him hard.

 

I could still see my red mark on his face.

 

“Does it hurt that much?” my voice suddenly softens, I unconsciously cupped his stinging cheeks much to my surprise. Donghae glowed a little pinkish when I abruptly dropped my hands from his face. Gaaaaaaahhh! So stupid! Control your feels, Park Sandara!!

 

“It doesn’t hurt that much.. “

 

Silence.

 

Completely awkward silence.

 

“I’ll just grab an ice pack downstairs” and before I could even suggest to do it, Donghae was out of the room.

 

Am I hallucinating due to embarrassment? Or is Donghae’s ears blushing red?

 

***

 

It has been 2 hours since Donghae left. He said he’ll JUST grab some ice pack downstairs. So what’s taking him so long?  Was it a sack of ice?

 

I impatiently crossed my legs, sitting at the edge of his bed. I’m tired. The day’s numerous activity backfired at me so hard, the fluffy white pillows and comforter resembled  heaven to my eyes.

 

I sighed. Snoring my way to dreamland is farfetched at the moment. I couldn’t possible sleep with the thought of Donghae, and how our little brawl ended up. And I’m too embarrassed to check him downstairs.

 

I guess, I really did overreact earlier. Aishh.. Dara-yah, Pabo! How could you talk with him now? I thought you ought to know everything about him? Aigoo.

 

My eyelids are getting heavy every passing second. Aissh! I simultaneously tap my cheeks with my palm. Wake up! Wake up!!

 

An idea sparked inside my brain, jumping on my feet, I walked to the direction of my phone. I looked for my brother’s number and hit the green button. After a couple of rings, Dogpoop picked up.

 

“Hello!” I let out as cheerful as possible, hiding my sleepiness.

 

“Oh? Noona?” Sanghyun sounded a little groggy. Was he already asleep?

 

“Did I wake you up?”

 

“Deh. But it’s fine. I actually need to wake up. Graveyard shift” I heard a loud thud over the background, followed by a groggy cursed from my brother.

 

“Yah! Don’t cuss!”

 

“Sorry” He sounded tired. I can’t help but worry. “Sanghyun-ah, don’t push yourself too hard. Why don’t you just rest?”

 

“Anio. It’s fine. Don’t worry much about me, Noona” Aww.. I wish I’m with Sanghyun right now. I’d like to throw myself at him.

 

I let out a deep sigh, “Arasso. But don’t push yourself too hard, neh? Why am I working here for?”

 

We talked about for a good ten minutes. I felt somehow shameful because my brother is tired because of working his body off, yet here I am, claiming I’m tired just because I wore heels. I’m a useless Noona. I put my handphone back to my pouch and darted my eyes across the room. The room was huge yet it feels contained that I can’t breathe. Taking a glimpse at the floor-to-ceiling drapes, I decided that what I need is some fresh air.

 

I walked out the balcony doors, smelling that cold earthy smell of Mokpo. It was cold, yet it feels comforting for my constricting heart. It pains me that my brother is suffering yet here I am on this widely extravagant house, eating exquisite gourmet, wearing stilettos and feeling crap just because Donghae forgot to tell me about his secrets?

 

Going suicidal and throwing myself out the balcony was almost an option, but then I remember that I need to get back home and treat Sanghyun with the $5000 I’ll earn on this ‘job’. Looking over the balcony, I was surprised to see a certain someone.

 

“What’s his problem?” I breathed to myself as I watched Donghae walked back and fort, seemingly worried about something.

 

“BABE!” I called him. Oops. Why did I call him that? I blinked, when I look down again, Donghae was gaping at me obviously stifling a laugh, because he had a smirk on his face. Omo! Embarrassment once again take over my whole anatomy.

 

***

 

Silence.

 

Awkward Silence.

 

Total Awkward Silence that had me regretting about my fail attempt on going suicidal. Is it too late for me to kill myself now?

 

“I.. uh..”

 

“Don’t worry much about it. Let’s go to bed” he shrugged and was about to take his top off. I flinched upon the sight of his navel. Donghae probably saw that as he stopped midway his abs. He then put the hem of his top down. He’s not taking his clothes off?

 

Wait… why do I sound disappointed?

 

“What?” Donghae snapped me back from my trance, that’s just then I realize that I was looking straight to him.

 

“Nothing” I immediately replied, while averting my eyes. He occupied his side of the bed and settled under the blanket. I was still frigid on my spot, standing.

 

Silence once again.

 

Awkward what-will-I-do-now-Am-I-suppose-to-occupy-the-bed-as-well Silence.

 

“Aren’t you going to sleep?” Donghae muttered, his eyes already close. I practically tossed my self to my side of the bed, scooting myself farthest away from him.

 

Five minutes had gone by and I found myself laying uncomfortably under the soft mattress, totally conscious with the sound of my breathing and the ticking of clock.

 

“Donghae?”

 

No response. He’s already asleep? I peeked to his side and his eyes are still close. I didn’t help but notice my mark on his cheek. It wasn’t as red as earlier but there’s still that faint hand print in there. I felt like slapping myself.

 

I scooted closer but not close enough to invade his personal space. I studied his face, it was flawless, my slap mark totally disgracing his handsome face. I should have punch him from somewhere hidden than slapping him this hard.

 

“I’m sorry” I whispered, as I brushed my fingers on his cheek. That’s just then that I noticed that my face was just a few centimeters away from him. I abruptly pulled back, making the mattress wobbled with my movement. Donghae suddenly tossed and turned, and before I knew it his sleeping form was facing me.

Now that the mark was hidden, he looked even more handsome.. and peaceful… and adorable.. and everything he’s not when he’s awake. I took notice of his eyebrow. Those brows that twitch whenever he changed his attitude. Then his nose.. and down to his lips.

 

How many times did I kissed those lips today?

 

More than I could ever count on my fingers, perhaps? So why is my heart beating so fast right now?

 

I could almost hear my heart thumping inside me like its on speaker mode. The more I stare at his lips, the more my heart goes ‘lub dub’ in a more quicker pace.

 

Don’t tell me I..?

 

I shook the idea off as I scooted back to the edge of bed. The word alone scares me.

 

This man is in love with his perfect ex-girlfriend. The only thing I’m supposed to do is help them get back together. I need to set my priorities straight.

 

Act as perfect girlfriend, enough to make that Jessica Jung jealous. Then get back with $5000 in my account, enough to make my brother Sanghyun’s life a little less difficult.

 

----====----

 

In the deep silence of the room, Donghae woke up only to find an empty other side of the bed.

 

“Sandara” he panicked, glancing around the room. No sign of Dara. He was about to get off when he heard a faint whimper, “Hmmm~” followed by a calm sound of breathing.

 

He crawled across his bed, only to find Sandara’s sleeping form on his carpet. She only had a single pillow under her head and no blanket what-so-ever. Probably, the reason why she’s curled up like a fetus. It’s freaking September and the temperature is dropping low.

 

Did she fell out of the bed? He thought as he withdraw from his bed. He walked towards Dara’s sleeping form. But isn’t this a bit far? Did she deliberately sleep here? He felt a pang as the thought of Dara refusing to sleep beside him hit his brain. Contemplating of whether he’ll bring her back to bed or not clouded his mind.

 

After much deliberation, he decided to scoop her up, successfully not awaking her. He ever so carefully laid her to his bed. When he finally set her down, he looked up to her face. She looked calm, almost angelic. He had to admit, he was beyond pissed when she slapped him. But that pissed off feeling was immediately forgotten. Maybe, he deserve that?

 

Heck, he thinks he deserve more than that?

 

Why could he just say it right to her face? I want you to be more affectionate toward me! Is it just his ego speaking? He learned about her past relationships, her ex-boyfriends and ex-flings. Cocky as it may sound, but he think he’s definitely way better than all of them. So why can she go through a normal relationship with them, and not with him? Is it because he just hired her?

 

That time when Park Sandara creamed Jessica by acting like a bona fide girlfriend, was the only time he felt that she acted her part. So that’s why he came up with the idea of making his ex jealous, if that was the only way for Sandara to do her thing right. He immediately taste a bitter tang inside his mouth.

 

Looking back, that time when he said that he sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter