Chapter 5

I'm not okay

Your POV

Myungsoo grew distant from me. For the fifth night in a row, I sat in the same spot on my bed, bawling my eyes out as I waited for him to reply to me. A simple "hi" would be appreaciated, but his lips seemed to only move to breathe. We no longer talk, we don't even have eye contact.

Ignoring my texts, calls and messages, and even my attempts to talk to him is already bad enough, he doesn't need to torment me further by talking to other girls instead. There wasn't even a chance for me to ask for forgiveness and repent. 

I walked to cass, holding onto my books, grittin my teth as I walked past Myungsoo and a girl he's flirting with.

"Are you and Myungsoo ok?" Sohee asked, resting her elbows on the table and her chin on her palms.

What are we? Are we still dating? Or were we long over?

"I..don't know." I said after a moment of thinking.

Myungsoo walked into class, completely ignoring me as he talked to other girls The other people in class looked at him weirdly as they've also been realizing his weird actions lately. 

"Myungsoo, let's talk." I said, but once again, he neglected my question.

"Myungsoo. I'm serious." I said, tapping his shoulder.

"Hold up." he said to the girl and turned around, waiting for me to talk.

"Why are you ignoring me? Why are you pretending as if I don't even exist? Can't you at least give me a chance to explain?" I asked him, others slowly averting away from their conversations to me and Myungsoo.

"Go, explain."

"It wasn't what you think. He was drunk and came onto me. I'm honest." I said.

"And you couldn't push him away? You can't give me a proper kiss, but when he comes to you, you think it's alright?" He asked.

"Well if you actually turned up to our anniversary, I wouldn't need to go to the damn bar and see Woohyun." I said slightly loud, agitated at his ignorance.

"Maybe it's because I didn't want to have another anniversary with you." he said, looking away.

"What?"

"That means we're over. How much more obvious do I need to make it for you?" he asked, shaking his head as he began talking to other girls.

The others were shocked as they witnessed my public humiliation. Not sure of how to comfort me, they awkwardly turned away, waiting for the teacher to arrive to class.

And yeap, that was the end of us, forever.

For the rest of the year, and the year after that, I never spoke to him once. We sat in the same spot, next to each other, every day, and not once did he look over at me. Not even once. He was back to his rich, flowerboy lifestyle, and I was back to square one. Roaming the streets to find another person's phone to steal, I lit another cigarette. Losing contact with Myungsoo made me encounter the wonders of alcohol and smoking. Dragging the stick, I breathed out warm clouds of smoke, my eyes going a little blurry as I tried to stay up from the lack of sleep. 

I found sanctuary in doing things that allowed me to forget Myungsoo for a while, and here I am, quiting my jobs and spending my time with people who I really shouldn't. From one packet a week to almost a packet a day, the seriousness of this depression that requires an antidote that can only cause harm to you is honestly getting out of hand. 

Lighting my third stick for the night, I could feel the warmth inside my body build as I walked closer to the house. Getting away from Myungsoo got me closer to not only bad habits, but also my studies. Staying up late, my scores have increased as I sit around with nothing to do but studying.  

But no matter how many drinks I can drink a night, or how many cigarettes I can light a day, the pain of Myungsoo's absence still clings tightly onto me. The way he smiles as he looks at his phone, the way he talks to someone else on the phone, and especially the way he smiles even though I'm not there is doing my head in.

"Slow down on the cigarettes." Woohyun said, taking my stick off my me and smoking it himself.

Woohyun replaced the gap that is the absence of Myungsoo. I smiled as he walked me inside the house, pass my parents and straight to my room. I never introduced him to my parents since they still were pissed that I got a boyfriend without notifying them. I smiled as he craddled me in his arms as we watched a movie, like every other night. I laced my fingers with his, painting squiggles on his hand with my spare hand. He brushed the hair out of my face, smiling as he looked down at me.

"Minji-ah, we have to go somewhere for the weekend," mum said, glancing over at Woohyun, "take care of yourself." she finished and closed the door. 

The roaring engine took off and the house was dead quiet. Woohyun held me a little tighter and his breath warmed the side of my neck.

"Why?"

----

Woohyun's POV

"Why did you decide to pick me?" she asked, letting go of my hand.

"Why wouldn't I choose you?" I retorted, taking her hand back in mine.

"You ignored me from the beginning, you never even looked at me, and now, suddenly, you fall for me?" she looked up, her eyes showing sorrow.

I swallowed, looking to the photo frame of her and Sohee. 

"Because you already had Myungsoo back then, and I knew you wouldn't have noticed me." I said, gritting my teeth once I finished.

"Aw Woohyun, you always know what to say." she smiled, giving me a kiss. I closed my eyes, shivering slightly at what I just said. But it's for love, so it's alright.

I would do anything for Sohee.

----

A/N: i know, i know, crappy chapter update, I know.sORRY! But I'm not very emotionally stable right now, so I kind of have too many things on my mind haha. If you're confused by this chap, the next chapter should hopefully clear things up! So keep an eye out for the next chapter! :)