Chapter 11

I'm not okay

Your POV

Even the air outside is much better than in there. I looked back to the prison that I stayed in for so long. Poor MinHee still has a while before she can leave that hell hole. 

I walked out of the pirson empty handed, with nothing in hand besides a pair of clothes and a reasonable amount of cash, just enough for a taxi. I have no where to go. Dad won't allow me back to the house, and I don't have any contact of any of my old friends. 

A year later...

It was hard to live on just the income that I got from a fast food chain, but finally, after a month or so, I got to move in with a friend that I knew from work. Eating ramen and nothing else for a solid three months made me bored. There was nothing interesting and nothing fun until I discovered a better way of finding money. I don't recall how I got into this position, but right now, I'm in a "serious" relationship with the son of a Japanese CEO who leads one of the top global banks. Miura seems to have fallen heads over heels for me, and despite the countless times I've asked to break up, he stills insist that we stay together. 

The only reason i have stayed with him for so long was because he's my source of money. I know, that makes me a gold digger, but in the situation that I'm in, I have no choice. Miura isn't the first guy I've done this too. I've been with a total of 4 guys in the past year and Miura is the longest I've been with. *Miura is the guy you're dating. Search up Haruma Miura if you want to know what he looks like!*

He's taking me out again tonight for our 4th month anniversary. During the period of staying with him, I've been able to take almost 100,000 in USD. Of course I feel guilty, but I need to do what I have to do.

"Minji, I'm so happy to be with you." Miura said, holding my hand after the meal.

"Miura...I think I need to go back to Korea soon." I said.

"Why? Can't you just stay in Japan? We're going so well..." he said, shoulders deflating.

"I can't. My mother's sick, and well...I need to look after her. I'm so sorry." I said, pretending to wipe a tear.

"I'll go to Korea with you." he said, determined to cling onto me.

"Miura, I need to go to look after my mother, and you need to stay here and help your father remember?" I said, persuading him to stay here.

"I guess you're right..." he said, his eyes tearing.

"When are you leaving then?" he asked.

"My flight's in an hour time." I said.

His eyes widened and he froze. "I'll drive you there." he said and silently drove back to my apartment to get my things.

He didn't look at me once during the trip to the airport. He didn't speak or anything. I could see his grip on the wheel becoming tighter and tighter. The airport's  bright lights were visible in a distance and he began slowing down. I turned over to him as I see him bite his bottom lip.

"Be-before you go...can you...can you sing to me?" he asked, stuttering, his voice quavering.

I smiled and began singing the song he loved so much. He closed his eyes and leaned back onto the car seat. The moon's light glistened his tears. He wiped them away and took a few deep breaths before continuing to drive in complete silence again. As I walked to the doors of the airport, he held onto my hand and pulled me into an embrace.

"Minji, I know that you never really liked me, and I know you only did this for money. Whatever situation you're in, I hope it gets better. My friends did warn me about you. They told me that you would scam guys and move onto the next, but I didn't believe that. But soon enough, I couldn't deny that fact, but I was willing to forgive you because I knew that I really really love you." he said, his tears wetting my shoulder. He pulled away and took my hand, spreading it.

"I bought this the month after we dated. I knew you didn't feel the same way, but I was sure you were the one. And now that you're leaving...I just thought it's better to give it to you." he said, placing the ring onto my palm.

"Mind putting it on for me then?" I asked, making his smile appear.

He nodded quickly and placed it on my ring finger. We stood there awkwardly for a bit before he pulled me close to him and gave me a kiss.

"I'll miss you alot...take care over there and if you have time...visit me once in a while." he said and walked off.

"Miura!!" I called out, but he kept walking.

"I'm sorry!" I called out, and he just raised his hand to wave goodbye.

I walked inside the aiport and waited for the plane. I breathed in slowly as I tried to comprehend everything. Great going Minji. You really did it this time. Not only did you take the guy's money, you also abandoned him even though he really loves you.

You might ask why I'm not staying in Japan and just marry Miura and begin a new life, right? No, my mother isn't sick at all. I'm sure she's very healthy.Yeah, along the way, I did have feelings for him, but there's a reason I didn't choose to stay with him. I need to find Myungsoo. I don't know why, but I do. I need to find him. i want to know if he waited for me, if he changed his mind.

A few hours later, I'm in Seoul, and a few days weeks later, I got an apartment and a job as a bartender at an underground bar. Life was moving fast and it was hard to keep up with it. I soon found out that Mina got married and so did Myungsoo.

"Aigoo, look at you, you're so frail now. Eat up." mother said when we met at my apartment.

"How's Mina?" I asked, scoffling down her homemade food.

"She's been doing well actually, she has a kid now! His name is SeungJo, be nice to him when he comes over later. He's a bit of a troublemaker." she said as she packed away the dishes that I finished eating.

Just then, the door bell rang and ran in was the cutest little boy I have seen, and Mina. Mina's different. Her glasses and braces were off, her black shoulder length hair is now mid way down her back and brown. Her legs are much more slender and she glowed. She screamed of elegance as she walked in, holding her branded bag.

"Annyeong!! I'm SeungJo!" the kid bowed respectfully.

His eyes strangely reminds me of Myungsoo's. Mina sat awfully far from me and didn't speak much the entire time.

"Aigoo, I think we should take Minji to your house!!" Mum said as we relaxed on the couch.

"No, no no!!! Uh, his parents won't be happy since they didn't know before hand." Mina said quickly.

"It's okay. I called them before. Come on, let's go." Mum said, excited to take me to Mina's house.

"His parents are rich!! Really rich!!!" Mum said, driving.

"You better not have married my sister to an old man." I joked.

"No, no, no!! He's actually really handsome, that's how my SeungJo turned out right?" she asked the little kid.

"Ey, aren't they feeding you enough there? I'm sorry I left you for so long...I really wanted to start a fresh with you, but, things came up and I just couldn't see you." I said, holding onto Mina's hands.

It's been so long since I've been able to talk to Mina. We were probably the closest siblings you'll ever meet.

"Minji? Wow, you're so beautiful." Mina's mother in law said as soon as she saw me.

I smiled, bowing as I greeted her. Mina awkwardly showed me around the house.

"Sorry, my son's being awfully rude. He should be home by this time, but I heard he got caught in traffic somewhere." Mina's mother in law said.

Mina's mother in law is so beautiful for her age, and so kind and gentle. She reminds me of my own mother. I smiled as I helped her clean the dishes. The door closed loudly and I guess Mina's husband came home since she came rushing out to him.

-----

Mina's POV

"Myungsoo-ah, you, can you leave the house for tonight?" I asked him.

Although I have mentioned to him about Minji, i don't reckon he remembers.

"Why?" he asked, loosening his tie and taking his shoes off.

"My sister's here...I, I can't have you here." I said, remembering the relationship between him and her.

"Babe, stop being silly, I should greet my sister in law right?" he chuckled and began walking into the living room. 

I tried blocking him as much as I could.

---

Your POV

Mother in law quickly pulled me out to see Mina's husband.

"Hold on, just let me finish slicing these apples." I said and she walked away. 

I neatly prepared the fruit platter and brought it out to the living room. Mina was causing a ruckuss at the front door so I went to have a look.

----

Myungsoo's POV

I gave Mina a quick peck on the forehead so she could move out of my way. I don't understand why she's so stubborn on not allowing me to see her sister. I've never met her sister before. She probably mentioned to me about her, but I forgot. What's her name again? Min? Minhee?

I smiled at Mina and looked up until I saw Minji.

"Wh--what are you doing here? Get out!" I yelled.

----

Your POV

"Myungsoo? What is he doing here?" I asked Mina, confused.

"What do you mean what am I doing here?? It's my house, why the hell are you here? Get out!!!" Myungsoo screamed.

"Myungsoo!! Is that how you behave to your sister in law?" mother in law scolded.

And in that moment, everything froze. My eyes went blank and drooped slightly as I stared at the man who once was and still is the love of my life. My eyes flickered away quickly as I felt the tears b. SeungJo ran over to Myungsoo and gave him a hug, screaming dad. The pain, the betrayal. I was too shocked to even say anything.

"Do you two know each other?" Mother in law asked.

"Yeah...we do," I said and Mina and Myungsoo gave me a worrying look, "Myungsoo and I were sworn enemies in high school." I laughed, walking back inside.

---

Myungsoo's POV

I studied her closely as she talked to my mother casually. I should've known something was up from the beginning. Her laugh rung bells in my ears as I remembered the days of us. Mina shot me a death glare as she carried SeungJo upstairs. 

I walked outside and motioned her to follow.

I lit a cigarrette and leaned on the balcony.

"Care to share the lighter?" She asked, pointing her smoke at me.

I lit it for her, surprised at her actions. Out of all people, she's the one who hates smokers the most. But I guess, people change.

"Life seems to be going well for you, Myungsoo." she said, sweetly emphasising on my name.

"Seems so." I said, in the deadly smoke.

"Listen, I have a family now, and I would like you to stay well away from them." I said.

----

Your POV

"Why are you so scared of me?" I chuckled, trying to cover the uncomfortable position that I'm in.

Smoking was never my thing, but I thought that I should at least do something to show Myungsoo that I'm not the same.

"Minji, you went to jail for murder. I can't let you near SeungJo." he said. 

I was going to protest, but I realized that he doesn't know it was Woohyun who committed the crime.

----

Myungsoo's POV

"Why? Why her? Out of all people?" she asked as she flicked her finger to get rid of the excess part of the cigarette.

"Couldn't you have picked anyone...besides my sister?" she asked, turning to face me, face washed with tears.

And that's when I realized; I have gone way too far. I married Mina out of anger, out of jealousy. For my own benefit, I have abandoned the one I loved. She looked away.

"What am i even saying?" she laughed bitterly, "I'm glad she's happy Myungsoo, I really am. Treat her well." she said and finished her smoke.

"I'm..sorry...I didn't mean to." I said, trying to apologize to her.

"It's alright." she smiled and turned around to walk off.

---

Your POV

As my back turned, the tears fell so uncontrollably that I had to use my hand to wipe them. Myungsoo ran behind me and pulled me in a tight embrace.

"Minji-ah, I still miss you alot." he whispered to me as my tears seaped through his shirt.

He quickly pulled away as soon as he said it and stared blankly at me. He ran back inside, leaving me stunned. I walked inside slowly, smiling like a dork. 

"Mum, I think it's about time to leave." I said, urging her to leave. 

I couldn't take the suffocation that the house provided. Mum began the car and I was walking out, holding bags of packed food from mother in law.

"Minji!!" Mina called.

"Yeah what?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that even though I knew who he was, I still married him." she said.

"No, it's oka-" I said, about to forgive her.

"But I can never ever lose him. I don't care whether you're my sister or not. But don't you even dare lay a finger on yours on him again. Because Minji, I will fight til I die." she said and walked back inside.

I boiled with anger as I repeated the toxic words she spewed. Oh Mina, you poor, naive girl. I thought, smirking to myself.

----

a/n: sorry for the super long update, but like, i've had so many thigns going on with school and it was just too crazy and i've been working lately too. I finally finished the chapter update and i'm like in a sleepy mode right now, so i'm VERY VERY VERY sorry if it sounds really crap :[

PLEASE DON'T HATE!

AND COMMENT!!!! it'll inspire me to write more

thanks <3