Chapter 3

I'm not okay

Your POV

Woohyun walked me to school the next morning, after getting me home and changed.

"Why were you out so late?" he asked.

"I was coming home from work." I said, slinging my bag on to my shoulder.

He nodded to my response and we stayed quiet after that.

---

Woohyun's POV

She walked quietly behind me, trying to catch up with my pace. If I hadn't gone out to buy some snacks, what would've happened?

"You know, you're still a girl, you shouldn't work til that late." I said, trying to start a conversation.

No response.

"And you should reply to people when they're talking to you as well." I said, but she still didn't reply.

Annoyed, I turned around to see her stunned, shocked, freezing in her place.

"Minji?" I asked, walking towards her.

"Dad.." she said,her eyes glistening.

"DAD!" She screamed towards the man across the road.

----

Your POV

"I'll be back home soon." dad smiled, brushing the hair out of my face.

"Why are you leaving?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I need to look for another job. I'll be back soon." he smiled.

"Promise?" I asked, raising my pinky.

"Promise." he laughed, intertwining our pinkies together.

He gave me and Mina a last hug before closing the door behind him. I ran to the window, looking at him as he entered the cab and leaving. Since then, I never saw him again.

(itlalic is her remembering what happened :])

He looked over at me as he holds a young girl's hand, and turned away. 

"DAD!!" I screamed again, but he kept walking away, faster and faster.

----

Woohyun's POV

Her eyes went blank and she walked off the sidewalk, towards the other side, her eyes darting towards the male and his daughter.

I instinctively pulled her back, trying to get her out of the way of the speeding cars.

"Minji!! What the hell are you doing!?!" I yelled, struggling to keep her under control.

She turned and glared at me before pushing me off her and walked towards the man, surprisingly being able to dodge the moving cars coming her way.

----

Your POV

I began running towards him, calling out to him, my hot tears burning my cheeks before I fell, my side going numb as I tried to stand. 

---

Woohyun's POV

The car halted as it hit her, making her fall to the ground. Using her hand, she tried to push herself off the ground, trying to crawl towards her father. 

----

Your POV

The pain was piercing through my skin, slicing my flesh, but I still tried to stand up, before falling down again. My breathing was weakening, and my eyes were droopy as dad's back turned away, walking further. 

The driver got out of the car and asked if I was okay, trying to get me to stay put until the ambulance arrives. Woohyun was there too, panic present in his eyes as he furrowed his eyebrows, trying to call the ambulance with his shaky hands.

My eyes drooped heavily as i desperately tried to stand up. Before I knew it, I was already on the hospital bed, being checked all over by the nurses and doctors.

"I'm all good." I said, getting up before the piercing pain on my left side told me to stay down.

I gave up and allowed them to just check up on me and what not. 

----

Woohyun's POV

"Is she okay?" I asked the doctors.

"Surprisingly yes. Are you a member of her family?" he asked.

"No I'm not, but I'll call them later." i said and he nodded before walking off.

She laid perfectly still, sleeping as I walked. I threw the can on her stomach, awaking her. Her face twisted as she groaned in pain.

"Are you okay? Oh god, I didn't mean to, are you alright? Do you need me to call the doctors?" I asked, quickly removing the can from her.

She just sat and laughed hysterically before clutching her side for laughing too hard.

"That isn't funny." I said seriously.

"Go to school." she ordered, taking the can from me.

"Yeah, okay." I said and got up.

----

Your POV

"I hope you have fun in school, being with your friends, while I'm here. Just here, in this room. By myself." I said, trying to get him to stay.

"Myungsoo will swing by after school." He said and walked out.

Sigh, it would be nice if YOU swing by after school, I thought. 

The look in dad's eyes as he walked away, even after seeing the accident is unforgettable. How could he have just walked away?

I woke up to Myungsoo's worried face as he tried to stay awake at the same time.

"Uh, hi." I said, realizing no one else is in the room.

"Are you alright?" he asked, holding onto my hand tightly.

"Yeah, i am. What are you doing here?" I asked, looking at the clock that read midnight on the wall of the room.

"Woohyun said you were in really bad condition." he said, deep concern in his eyes.

"Well I'm not, so, you should go home." I said.

"No, what if something happens to you?"

"There's doctors here Myungsoo." I said, rolling my eyes at him.

"Well I'm still staying. So shut up and sleep." he demanded, and that's pretty much how we spent the night together.

The doctors still didn't let me out of hospital the next day for "safety purposes", and the day after, and the day after the day after. And in every single one of those days, dad never came, not even once. He saw what happened, but he never came. The cold and blank stare that he gave me before walking away was still imprinted in my head.

I gathered my things when the doctors finally allowed me to get out of the hospital. 

Finally. Freedom. I smiled, swinging my bag over my shoulders and waited for the bus. A car drove past, slowing down as it nears the bus stop. The window rolled down and dad's face appeared inside. He gestured me to come inside as he kept his blank face as the driver drove off after I sat inside the car.

The chauffeur got out of the car, leaving us some personal space.

"Sorry." he said simply, not bothering to explain anything at all.

"You said you would come back soon, dad." I said, tears already beginning to form.

"You are under no authority to call me such thing." he said, turning his face towards my direction.

"What? you can't even speak to me now? What the hell? You left goddamn years ago, and when you come back, you say that I can't call you dad?" I asked, bewildered at his remark.

"Look Minji, I moved on. Staying with your mum was just going to drain my life. I have a new family now. I have kids of my own now. I know you're my children too, but listen, you're old enough now. You can look after yourself and Mina right?" he asked, his smile showing after so long, the smile he gave to us before he left.

"You left her when she needed you most. Taking care of two children by herself, trying to cope with the debt that you left behind because of your goddamn gambling addiction, she did this all by herself. And you're telling me that she drained your life?" I asked.

"Minji," he said, taking out a cheque book, "I know I hurt you and your mum and sister a lot, so I'm here to repay you." he said, giving me the cheque.

"Please don't find me anymore. Pretend as if you don't know me whenever you see me on the streets. Move on, Minji." he said, shoving the cheque into my hands.

I stayed silent, tears falling uncontrollably.

"I really do hope you, mina and your mum is doing well." he said with deep sincerity.

"Thanks for your concern." I said, "But I'd rather die than shamelessy take your money." I said, shoving the cheque back at him and opening the car door.

"And mum died by the way. Maybe she wanted to stop draining your life." I said before slamming the door upon his shocked face.

----

a/n: FINALLY! MY EXAMS ARE O-V-E-R!!!

WOOHOOO

celebration~~

anyways, sorry the chapter is long and boring and crap :( really sorry!! but im not really that...creative lately, especially after having to do so many exams...it's really doing my head in :(

but i'll hopefully update better chapters soon!!

please comment guys :)